Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones East Hartford Pics
Posted by: notontelevision ()
Date: August 27, 2005 19:35

I was able to take a few photos of the Rolling Stones on 8/26/2005. They are mostly blurry and out of focus, but they give you a general idea of the awesome production on display last night. Check them out at [www.tickgo.com]

Re: Rolling Stones East Hartford Pics
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: August 27, 2005 22:04

Some more:

By Mark Mirko (there are some more, mainly at other objects than
the Stones; but well worth checkin´ out at [www.ctnow.com]

Date: August 27, 2005 22:06

And here are Notontelevision´s link, in a more direct way
[www.notontelevision.com]
Many, many pics - check it out!

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: August 27, 2005 22:22

vids w sound 2 ,,camera man had a broken arm maybe ,,,but the effort is well appreciated..tank u kindly

Date: August 27, 2005 22:43

Yep, it gives you a slightly psychedelic technicolour impression...

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: August 27, 2005 23:04

yup its a weave on mick

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: August 28, 2005 00:26

At least, i could hear some seconds from Get up stand up.
Mick doesn't sing the Tosh's part : we know and we understand that mighty god is a living man, you can fool some people sometimes but you can't fool all the people all the time (well said, isn't it, sweet neo con)

Date: August 28, 2005 04:13

I did not want to be obvious about taking pictures, so I had to live with the shaky pic syndrom. Although it seemed no one had a problem with camera cell phones pictures.

Here are a couple more small videos of Get Up, Stand Up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-28 04:17 by notontelevision.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 28, 2005 04:33

whilst they may be at times indeed a bit out of focus, theyre in many ways the first time we've got to see the stage set up from the perspective of those people on the 'floor' so thats quite interesting.

The first pic is the best 'perspective' I've seen yet of the distance between the band and the on-stage seats. They look quite a bit away from the action, more so than I would have hoped when this idea was announced

Thanks for sharing

Posted by: BOBM ()
Date: August 28, 2005 13:23

The on stage seats are two levels on each side of the stage. From the floor they seem to be about 25 feet up from the stage. Everyone stands, and it looks like about 50 people per section for a total of 200. When Mick starts Sympathy for the Devil he is up at that height and can walk to about six feet of the innermost person. The Stones only look up to wave once and awhile. I wasn't up there to feel it, but it seems like those seats would be disappointing.

Date: August 28, 2005 18:50

My pictures are kinda off perspective wise. Being there, everything seemed to be closer than they appear in the photos, or maybe the stage is designed that way to trick the human eye with illusion of closerness. I think some people who got the stage upgrades, were allowed to go back to their seats if they wanted or even move back and forth. I saw a bunch of ladies who had VIP access stickers that said VIP, no back stage access and they stayed at their floor seats most of the time. I was glad I was able to get center floor seats (cheap off of ebay). I was 25th row and on the aisle near the rolling stage(which is great you can get close and, have a couple opportunities to see all the stones from maybe 12-20 feet away vertical. Very awesome production lots of video and fireworks, but a completely outrageous amount of security.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2109
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home