Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11
Re: Mick Jagger to Be a Dad Again at Age 72
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: August 1, 2016 18:46

[Smile] I wondered if anyone would get that!

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: August 1, 2016 18:50

smoking smiley UdaManWoman! smileys with beer

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 1, 2016 20:04

To add a different perspective to this thread, I believe it is NOT the number of years or the amount of time Mick will spend with this child, it's the QUALITY of that time. My Dad was 49 when he passed away, a total shock----I was 22. Those 22 years were incredible. My Dad bought my tickts to Stones concerts, read to me as a child and taught me everything he knew would be important for my development...almost like he knew his life would be a short one. The point is, it is all about how you spend the time with your child, not that you may only have 20 or so years! STOP being so narrow minded about this age thing! Mick can give this child so much more than most " normal/ordinary" parents can, and I'm not talking about money! Again, bottom line, it's NOT our business!>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 1, 2016 21:53

Well, Mickschix. He won't live together with the child's mother and besides that he has a whole harem of children and ex-women to take care of. Plus the fact that he's still professionally active. And furthermore has to constantly be on the move due to tax reasons. I do agree with you however that he will spend some quality time with his child. But I guess the child will think of him as a benevolent grandpa or something like that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-01 22:14 by Stoneage.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: August 2, 2016 13:10

I think you're looking at it the wrong way. Perhaps Melanie wanted a child, and wanted to be a single mother. If they aren't a couple, perhaps Mick was just the sperm donor.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 2, 2016 14:15

Do we have an ETA for the baby?
as in any public announcement of when s/he's due to arrive?

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 2, 2016 15:56

I read January 2017.

She probably saw that tow headed blond piece of perfect pie grand kid o' Mick's (Jade's latest treasure) gimme one of those sacks of sugar
God bless again

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 2, 2016 17:24

Bliss
I think you're looking at it the wrong way. Perhaps Melanie wanted a child, and wanted to be a single mother. If they aren't a couple, perhaps Mick was just the sperm donor.

Well of course Melanie might meet up with 'Mr Right' and then have some more children. Which inevitably would change the dynamics of the various relationships involved.

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: August 2, 2016 21:41

Wish them all the best.

(Always took candy from strangers)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-28 18:33 by Niek.

Date: August 2, 2016 22:47

Idolatry is one thing, wanting to have sex and children with your idol is.....another thing. I guess...

Date: August 2, 2016 22:49

mickschix
To add a different perspective to this thread, I believe it is NOT the number of years or the amount of time Mick will spend with this child, it's the QUALITY of that time. My Dad was 49 when he passed away, a total shock----I was 22. Those 22 years were incredible. My Dad bought my tickts to Stones concerts, read to me as a child and taught me everything he knew would be important for my development...almost like he knew his life would be a short one. The point is, it is all about how you spend the time with your child, not that you may only have 20 or so years! STOP being so narrow minded about this age thing! Mick can give this child so much more than most " normal/ordinary" parents can, and I'm not talking about money! Again, bottom line, it's NOT our business!>grinning smiley<

thumbs up Cheers smileys with beer to you and to your Dad smileys with beer

smiling smiley

Date: August 2, 2016 22:50

35love
I read January 2017.

Could I get some lottery numbers please? grinning smiley

Date: August 28, 2016 17:53

Most things comes with a price tag. According to Mirror this one is on £2.5 million. She will also have her house paid for wherever she settles.
[www.mirror.co.uk]

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: August 28, 2016 18:08

I thought he would settle down and marry her and have more children, as previously ladies man like Rod Stewart have done. But I am not sure that is going to happen nowgrinning smiley

Date: August 28, 2016 18:27

Mick is following in the tradition of the old bluesmen.
Love 'em and leave 'em.
(Except they usually maintained a long suffering wife, this being way before 'equal rights ' etc.)

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 29, 2016 01:55

That's funny in a way. Wasn't that suggested a few pages back!!??

Posted by: mkbbci ()
Date: August 29, 2016 03:26

recently I was ridiculed for claiming that jagger will need money to pay his pregnant girlfriend.today we find out that mick has agreed to give melanie about 1 1/2 million dollars, American,buy her a house,and other expenses she will need.i can absolutely guarantee that jagger is not very happy with this,but has agreed just to get it over with.the point i was trying to make is that 2 million dollars is considered to be lots of money by virtually everyone,including jagger,who is worth about 1/2 billion American.i do not know any of the stones personally.but it is extrememly well known,and my sources confirm it , that mr.jagger has a reputation of being very tight with money,especially considering how much he has and makes.i know for a fact that he doesn,t like to tip in restaurants,but does so reluctantly.this slightly miserly characteristic of mick has been well documented for years.it,s generally agreed by people close to jagger that he never believes that he has enough money.perhaps it,s a slight disorder that he,s always had.personally,i don,t think I blame him because the stones were ripped off for millions by allen klein in the 1960,s not to mention money lost to andrew loog Oldham.but all of this could be great news for stones fans.logic would dictate that mick will try to keep the stones engine running for as long as possible.i know one thing.they will never announce a farewell tour.i,m convinced that the unfortunate death of one of the 4 core members might be the only thing that stops the band.let,s hope and pray for many good years ahead of future great health for the mighty 4!

Posted by: ab ()
Date: August 29, 2016 04:38

If he had four more children by Melanie after this one's born, he'd have 12 (children) by five (women). If the title of the Stones' second US album is any indication, that may have been his plan all along! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Paulhanrahan ()
Date: August 29, 2016 05:20

mkbbci
recently I was ridiculed for claiming that jagger will need money to pay his pregnant girlfriend.today we find out that mick has agreed to give melanie about 1 1/2 million dollars, American,buy her a house,and other expenses she will need.i can absolutely guarantee that jagger is not very happy with this,but has agreed just to get it over with.the point i was trying to make is that 2 million dollars is considered to be lots of money by virtually everyone,including jagger,who is worth about 1/2 billion American.i do not know any of the stones personally.but it is extrememly well known,and my sources confirm it , that mr.jagger has a reputation of being very tight with money,especially considering how much he has and makes.i know for a fact that he doesn,t like to tip in restaurants,but does so reluctantly.this slightly miserly characteristic of mick has been well documented for years.it,s generally agreed by people close to jagger that he never believes that he has enough money.perhaps it,s a slight disorder that he,s always had.personally,i don,t think I blame him because the stones were ripped off for millions by allen klein in the 1960,s not to mention money lost to andrew loog Oldham.but all of this could be great news for stones fans.logic would dictate that mick will try to keep the stones engine running for as long as possible.i know one thing.they will never announce a farewell tour.i,m convinced that the unfortunate death of one of the 4 core members might be the only thing that stops the band.let,s hope and pray for many good years ahead of future great health for the mighty 4!

Just for the record when the Stones were last in Perth Mick dined at a Riverfront restaurant with one of his daughters and left a $50 tip, I have actually seen the credit card receipt with his signature on it. So reference here to him not liking to tip in restaurants is somewhat BS I beleive

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 29, 2016 05:32

mkbbci
i can absolutely guarantee that jagger is not very happy with this,but has agreed just to get it over with.

Seriously, you know him that well?

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: August 29, 2016 05:48

Paulhanrahan
mkbbci

Just for the record when the Stones were last in Perth Mick dined at a Riverfront restaurant with one of his daughters and left a $50 tip, I have actually seen the credit card receipt with his signature on it. So reference here to him not liking to tip in restaurants is somewhat BS I beleive

I read an interview with someone (I can't recall who) in the restaurant business mentioning that he racked up a bill of nearly a thousand dollars with a large party and only left a fifty dollar tip. No idea how reliable that person is but hopefully you are right because I have no respect for people who don't tip. Just selfish. I always tip (have never had service bad enough not to) and I'm a student who is in no better a position than whoever's serving me.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: August 29, 2016 10:20

alieb
Paulhanrahan

I read an interview with someone (I can't recall who) in the restaurant business mentioning that he racked up a bill of nearly a thousand dollars with a large party and only left a fifty dollar tip. No idea how reliable that person is but hopefully you are right because I have no respect for people who don't tip. Just selfish. I always tip (have never had service bad enough not to) and I'm a student who is in no better a position than whoever's serving me.

Maybe he thinks a tip should always be $50?

Date: August 29, 2016 10:38

IF Mick was completely motivated by money, we would have seen a lot more concerts and Las Vegas residencies over the years.
Also he wouldn't have started Jagged Films..the cinema world being a huge financial gamble as many people have found out.
And what about the MJ Centre in Dartford.
No doubt Mick keeps an eye on income and expenditure, as I'm sure Bill and Macca do.
But what's so negative about that?

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: August 29, 2016 17:30

Entertainment news: Wonderwall By Marisa Laudadio 10 hrs ago

[www.msn.com]

Mick Jagger is planning for the future -- his unborn child's future.

The Rolling Stones frontman, 73, has negotiated a financial deal with ballerina Melanie Hamrick, 29 -- who's pregnant with his eighth child -- to provide for her and the baby after the little one arrives in December, reports Britain's Mirror.

"Mick has always taken his responsibilities seriously, his child with Melanie will be no exception," a source told the Mirror.

He's alleged to have made it clear he has no intention of marrying her, but will honor his responsibilities to the child.

Recommended for you: The Nutcracker Tickets - On Sale Now for Rosemont!
Rosemont.box-officetickets.com | Sponsored
"They're not in a serious relationship but they're both happy and remain very close," the source said of the pair, who've been casually dating for two years.

"This [deal] gives Melanie and the baby the assurances they need," the source added. "She'll get a substantial allowance and Mick will pay for housing wherever Melanie decides is best."

Although Mick was said to have been surprised by the pregnancy news, which first made headlines in July, he's prepared to give Melanie a five-figure sum every month -- $15,000 is the amount currently being reported -- until their child reaches adulthood.

Plus a house.

Melanie currently lives in New York but is reportedly considering a move to Los Angeles, where Mick -- who's also a great-grandfather -- often visits, or possibly to Connecticut, where she would be close to family members.

According to the report, Melanie -- who was a dancer with the American Ballet Theatre -- conceived Mick's child while the Rolling Stones were touring in South America earlier this year.

Melanie is Mick's fifth baby momma. The rocker's other children currently range in age from 17 to 45.

Posted by: mkbbci ()
Date: August 30, 2016 04:20

to paul hanrahan and aquamarine,first of all,i don,t know mick personally.but I do know a lot about him from extremely reliable sources.he,s been intimate with over 13,000 women.he counts them.a 50 dollar tip for him and his daughter dining together-you think that,s a lot for someboby as wealthy as him?i have left more than that when I have dined with somebody. I don,t know why you insist on arguing with me.people close to mick claim it,s incredible how tight he is with money considering his worth and what he makes.i,m not putting him down.i,m just telling you that I know this for an absolute fact.there are lots of other millionaires who are like that.you should do your research when trying to tell me that I,m wromg about something which I insist is factual.i have had close ties to this band for probably longer than you have been alive.if there was an issue that I wasn,t completely sure about,i would say so.i would say that so and so is probably true.but when I know it,s a fact,i will inform my fellow stones fans.if you don,t want to believe it,that,s fine.

Date: August 30, 2016 06:57

People still tongue wagging about this? confused smiley

This kid will be blessed from the day it is born.
Mick being his/her Dad means she/he is made in the shade for life.

It is meaningless how old Mick will be when the kid is yadda yadda yadda...
The child will have a Mom who will always have enough money to support the child and some dude will probably come along and step up to be a father figure (money tends to attract) and later in life if/when Mick has passed away this child will always be Mick Jagger's offspring, have no money worries and probably be a beautiful woman/man and if/when they ever stop to realize the lucky star they were born under, they will jump for joy.

How can that be a lose, bad thing or negative?

If people wanna wag their fingers or tongues about something, why not complain about all of the idiot women/men who are too stupid and broke to take care of themselves let alone have the wisdom or money to properly raise a child.... but there they are, having another kid.

Mick's offspring will be fine, better than fine, he/she will probably have a better life than 99% of the people who were ever born. It is a gift.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: August 30, 2016 18:35

Post of the day. (!)

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: August 30, 2016 21:49

LieB
alieb
Paulhanrahan

Typically restaurants (at least in the US) have a standard gratuity that's part of the bill. Entirely possible the $50 was in addition to the implied gratuity....

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: August 30, 2016 21:53

Woz
LieB
alieb
Paulhanrahan

Typically restaurants (at least in the US) have a standard gratuity that's part of the bill. Entirely possible the $50 was in addition to the implied gratuity....

But servers are paid a living wage in Australia, and tipping is not required or expected.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-01 09:26 by Bliss.

Date: August 30, 2016 22:09

In Sweden waiters are a paid a decent salary. I think tipping is reactionary and humiliating in a way. And, usually, it's only in fancy restaurants people tip.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2586
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home