Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 9 of 11
Re: Mick Jagger to Be a Dad Again at Age 72
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: July 19, 2016 13:11

Witness
rollmops
It is only my opinion but I find a 72 year OLD person having a baby totally ridiculous.
Rock and roll,
Mops

However, another viewpoint is, when the child's mother apparently wants to have the baby, do you find it ridiculous that the 72 years old father acknowledges the child?
As a concept, no, I don't find parents acknowledging their children ridiculous. I am for it! But Mick, with today's DNA technology doesn't have a choice. If he is the father he better own it. I wish mick and his baby the best anyway.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: July 19, 2016 14:34

rollmops
Witness
rollmops
It is only my opinion but I find a 72 year OLD person having a baby totally ridiculous.
Rock and roll,
Mops

However, another viewpoint is, when the child's mother apparently wants to have the baby, do you find it ridiculous that the 72 years old father acknowledges the child?
As a concept, no, I don't find parents acknowledging their children ridiculous. I am for it! But Mick, with today's DNA technology doesn't have a choice. If he is the father he better own it. I wish mick and his baby the best anyway.
Rock and roll,
Mops

this is what happens when people think with their dicks

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 20, 2016 16:23

I was thinking about making a joke about Sir Dick, I'm sorry Sir Mick, but when realizing how much flack I would get for it I decided to stand down...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 20, 2016 16:31

Can't imagine getting flack on a fan site for being .. I'm sorry, for telling a Mick dick joke.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 20, 2016 16:33

So, you thought you'd run it up the, erm... flagpole and see who saluted?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 20, 2016 16:38

Seeing these last few comments, I suddenly got this vision of a studious looking, book peering, ermine draped and chain mail covered....oh never mind. grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-20 16:46 by latebloomer.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: July 20, 2016 20:37

Some pas de deux. If that kid can't dance it'll be a setback for genetic theory.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: July 20, 2016 21:21

Title5Take1
Some pas de deux. If that kid can't dance it'll be a setback for genetic theory.

She/He will be next Margot Fonteyn or Rudolph Nureyevtongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: July 20, 2016 21:36

desertblues68
Title5Take1

She/He will be next Margot Fonteyn or Rudolph Nureyevtongue sticking out smiley

The "She" could go with Nureyev too. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 26, 2016 19:25

matxil
If anyone can explain to me why a 29 year old girl would want a romantic relationship with a 72 year old, without putting the word "money" in that sentence, I'd be suprised.
My next question is what's wrong with a 72 year old who wants to be romantically linked with girl the age of his grandchildren.
Reminds me of a speech Ricky Gervais once made about Hugh Hefner and his new wife.

One Word: "Mick"!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: July 27, 2016 10:29

I learned you can't choose who you love. Sometimes you luck upon a soulmate who happens to be in the right package--who matches you, demographically--or what or who you imagined yourself to be with. And sometimes you're just lucky -period- to find a soulmate, whatever physical earthly "casing" they happen to be in...be they the "wrong age," disabled, poor, from a vastly different background, funny-lookin' or anything else.

Who knows what attracts Mick and his girl to each other. But when it's love, age and other trappings don't matter, because it's such a gift. I hope that's what's up for Mick. Being in love is so grand, and to have soulmate-love at any age is the best of the best.

If they're just kickin' it and she's pregnant, so what? Not my concern either way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-27 10:38 by swiss.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 27, 2016 18:05

I'm with you, Swayed. But if you discuss these matters here you will be labeled, as you suggest. So it's better to stay out. Commander is king around here. And I'm well-read on H C Andersen.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 27, 2016 18:09

All I know is the title of this thread is wrong.

Re: Mick Jagger to Be a Dad Again at Age 73
Date: July 27, 2016 20:14

Easily fixed, GLS.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 27, 2016 20:52

steffialicia
We're all on the website because we love and adore the Stones. Why is it so difficult to believe that this young lady wasn't simply swept off her feet by the fabulous Mick? Haven't we all been? I don't think any of us are here because of Mick's fortune. Yes, he is as an older man but he is an older man who is still sexy as hell and in absolutely phenomenal shape. I think some of the gentlemen are a wee bit jealous. As for a woman who chooses to get involved with him...I love him to pieces but "abandon all hope, ye who enter here."

Steffi I missed this post before...excellent. The upside, definitely, and then there's the other...

~"Love is Strong"~

Re: Mick Jagger to Be a Dad Again at Age 73
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 28, 2016 17:33

SomeTorontoGirl
Easily fixed, GLS.

HA HA! NICE!

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: July 28, 2016 18:33

"Entitled"? Wow! Was that meant ironically, or did I just travel a few centuries back in time?

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: July 29, 2016 05:47

matxil
"Entitled"? Wow! Was that meant ironically, or did I just travel a few centuries back in time?

lol - I missed that post grinning smiley I reckon anyone is as entitled as anyone else, in that regard.

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: July 29, 2016 11:19

matxil

I'll address this.

We sanction his May-December romances because to do otherwise would be to say that we ourselves, in his skin, would behave differently, more ‘honorably.’ And if you’re anything like me, if you’re a child of the Rolling Stones’ music, just the thought of saying something like that makes you sick to your stomach. People of wealth and fame like Mick are de facto gods – the gods we made? - and as such are ‘entitled’ to (or 'free to' if you like, it's all the same to a god) pursue virtually any woman they choose and satisfy their fleshly desires until they can no longer perform/breathe. By contrast, I won’t be entitled to hump teenagers when I’m 72 but I intend to at least wink at a few of them.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: July 29, 2016 11:53

I'm 48 and I think I'm neither "entitled" nor particularly interested in sexual endeavours with 20 year olds. Of course, some girls of that age can be very attractive, but I'm able to separate the two things. Sex is more than just bodies, actually.
And yes, I would - in his skin - behave differently, and so do a lot of big (rock) stars, never mind their fame and fortune, and anyway I don't see how loving rock, blues, and soul music has any relationship with being immature or having to buy sex. No, it doesn't make me sick to be honourable, actually, I think there is a lot of honour and attitude in blues, jazz and soul music. I also don't think any of the Stones are gods, not even Charlie. I don't like gods (if anything, I'd say the Stones' "philosophy" was not to accept any authorities, right?).
In any case, it's not as if I would forbid them to do it, they're adults and they can do whatever they want (a bit different from the case with a certain bass-player and a certain 13 year old), I just wondered about motivations. Money, on the one hand, and fear of getting old, on the other, is the closest I can get.

Date: July 29, 2016 15:43

This reminded me of the scene from Moonstruck:

Rose: Why do men chase women?
Johnny: Well, there's a Bible story... God... God took a rib from Adam and made Eve. Now maybe men chase women to get the rib back. When God took the rib, he left a big hole there, where there used to be something. And the women have that. Now maybe, just maybe, a man isn't complete as a man without a woman.
Rose: [frustrated] But why would a man need more than one woman?
Johnny: I don't know. Maybe because he fears death.
[Rose looks up, eyes wide, suspicions confirmed]
Rose: That's it! That's the reason!

Mick's just stayin' alive, stayin' alive, whoo hoo hoo hoo, stayin' alive... winking smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 29, 2016 17:12

^^^ I love that movie!

There's another great line from Rose...after her daughter says she's too old to have children, Rose answers:

"It' ain't over till it's over."

That would be our Micko now, wouldn't it? smileys with beer

Date: July 29, 2016 18:04

Hahaha! Mick will never be over.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: July 29, 2016 19:34

stones dont need albums and tours now to make money, jagger just collects all the child benefit and child tax credits instead.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: July 29, 2016 21:05

I think all the millions of people who make babies in this world every year without having the slightest idea how they are going to afford to take care of them ridiculous. Mick at 72, meh...who cares.

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: August 1, 2016 13:14

round round get around... Mick gets around... and has for years grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-01 13:21 by jambay.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 1, 2016 13:27

ouroux58

this is what happens when people think with their dicks

Are you implying Mck is multi-penised...?
That would shed a whole new light on our favourite rock singer... and that would explain why he has so many lovers...

Date: August 1, 2016 18:02

jambay

He was a credit to his gender... grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-01 18:05 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: August 1, 2016 18:31

DELETE

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-01 18:39 by stonesrule.

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: August 1, 2016 18:37

SomeTorontoGirl
jambay

He was a credit to his gender... grinning smiley

grinning smiley

Lord have Mercy smileys with beer

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 9 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2061
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home