Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Petition The Stones To Do SNL Again!
Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 20, 2016 00:41

Yes.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: July 20, 2016 01:03

stanlove
wonderboy
24FPS
Rip This
if Jagger's licking RW lips "weirded" you out it said more about you than it did about him...and if it wasn't for his voice being shot the performance was otherwise great....maybe they'll do it again..only this time maybe Jagger will make out with RW instead?

Oh, please, whatever kind of anti-gay crap you're trying to say. It looked like Ronnie was being taken advantage of and that Ronnie felt he couldn't do anything because he was still the junior member at that point. If it was so wonderful, and so natural, why did Jagger stop doing it to Ronnie? And why didn't Mick go up and lick Charlie during a performance?

Cause Charlie would have popped him with the sticks ... and still kept the beat.
Agree that Ronnie was being messed with because he was the new kid without much standing. Not cool.

OK..Now for the third time. If you look at the video its clear that it was staged beforehand. You can see Wood close his eyes and bring his face closer to Jagger's lips. Wood knew what was going to happen and i am sure was ok with it. It was a stunt. The Stones were always big on stunts.

Now lets wait for the next person to ignore that and again act like Jagger just decided to do it without Wood knowing about it beforehand and agreeing to it.

Even with that interpretation, my point stands. Jagger could only get Wood to go along with that because he was the new kid.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: July 20, 2016 01:12

wonderboy
stanlove
wonderboy
24FPS
Rip This
if Jagger's licking RW lips "weirded" you out it said more about you than it did about him...and if it wasn't for his voice being shot the performance was otherwise great....maybe they'll do it again..only this time maybe Jagger will make out with RW instead?

Oh, please, whatever kind of anti-gay crap you're trying to say. It looked like Ronnie was being taken advantage of and that Ronnie felt he couldn't do anything because he was still the junior member at that point. If it was so wonderful, and so natural, why did Jagger stop doing it to Ronnie? And why didn't Mick go up and lick Charlie during a performance?

Cause Charlie would have popped him with the sticks ... and still kept the beat.
Agree that Ronnie was being messed with because he was the new kid without much standing. Not cool.

OK..Now for the third time. If you look at the video its clear that it was staged beforehand. You can see Wood close his eyes and bring his face closer to Jagger's lips. Wood knew what was going to happen and i am sure was ok with it. It was a stunt. The Stones were always big on stunts.

Now lets wait for the next person to ignore that and again act like Jagger just decided to do it without Wood knowing about it beforehand and agreeing to it.

Even with that interpretation, my point stands. Jagger could only get Wood to go along with that because he was the new kid.

Thats an assumption and I am not sure how you came to it. Could you explain..

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: July 20, 2016 01:30

stanlove

Well, speculation, obviously. Just based on what we think we know about Jagger and Woods. It's safe to say that Jagger could never pull that stuff with Keith or any of the rest of them. So I don't see Ronnie going along with any enthusiasm.
I've never felt they needed any of that stuff -- just get out there and play and bring the house down that way.

Date: July 20, 2016 01:41

wonderboy
stanlove

Well, speculation, obviously. Just based on what we think we know about Jagger and Woods. It's safe to say that Jagger could never pull that stuff with Keith or any of the rest of them. So I don't see Ronnie going along with any enthusiasm.
I've never felt they needed any of that stuff -- just get out there and play and bring the house down that way.

He didn't do it with Mick Taylor either when Taylor was the new guy. He was a totally different person then Wood. I am not saying its 100% that you are wrong but I don't think it adds up. I loved the Stones image when they were younger and this was the type of thing that made that imagine.

Personally I wouldn't like a guy licking my face especially in front of millions of people but thats me. If a women licked my face like that I would have a need to wash my face as soon as possible.

Posted by: kammpberg ()
Date: July 20, 2016 02:25

When it was done, Woody shakes his head a bit and certainly looks pretty disgusted to me. Anyway, I love the Stones more than any other band and have seen every tour since 1975, and I can't believe anybody would defend their SNL performance. Honestly, it was horrible and at least to me (and some others on this board) an embarrassment. But if you weren't embarrassed, at least admit it was horrible. C'mon. Nobody's perfect and every band makes mistakes. Thought the Jagger interview with Dan Akroyd as the Tomorrow show was great though on that show.

Date: July 20, 2016 03:20

kammpberg
When it was done, Woody shakes his head a bit and certainly looks pretty disgusted to me. Anyway, I love the Stones more than any other band and have seen every tour since 1975, and I can't believe anybody would defend their SNL performance. Honestly, it was horrible and at least to me (and some others on this board) an embarrassment. But if you weren't embarrassed, at least admit it was horrible. C'mon. Nobody's perfect and every band makes mistakes. Thought the Jagger interview with Dan Akroyd as the Tomorrow show was great though on that show.

When does he look disgusted? can you point that out to me. And again all things considered most likely it was staged and he knew about it beforehand. This reminds me of a JFK site I was on when CTs say Oswald looked shocked when he found out he was being charged with murdering JFK Its not there unless you think it should be there.

I have already said I think it was a poor performance. I just don't think having a shot voice for whatever reason equals embarrassing. I think as a band they didn't sound good that night although I think stuff like that has to do with expectations. We all expected them to be great and blow us away. It didn't happen.

Now when watching it it doesn't seem as bad as I remembered at the time and its because when watching it now i expect it to be awful which it wasn't. Just wasn't very good.

I had a much more embarrassing experience. I was on a date the night of Live Aid and the girl and I talked about it before the concert and I told her I really just wanted to see Jagger and Dylan and that I was a huge fan of them. She basically didn't know who Dylan was. Nough said.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: July 21, 2016 07:58

I've disliked how the Stones started at one point "guesting" on TV shows by just piping in a song or two from a 20-song stadium concert already in progress on a tour. "And now the Stones by satellite from Oklahoma City!" And the awards show itself is in L.A. Hitting two birds with one stone (pun?).

I think the last time they did the "two songs just for TV" in the TV studio or in the intimate awards-show theater was the 1997 VH1 Fashion Awards, where I think Mick's vocal is great, with more "studio voice" than "vegas voice," likely because he only had to sing two songs that night, so didn't have to protect—and diminish—his voice to survive the 20 songs of a tour concert.

OUT OF CONTROL (worth just seeing Keith sing with the back-up singers with no guitar at the start) >>> [www.youtube.com]

ANYBODY SEEN MY BABY >>> [www.youtube.com]

(Jim Carrey introduced the Stones just wearing a fig leaf, but that's not included above.)

Posted by: kammpberg ()
Date: July 21, 2016 14:52

I've always really liked Anybody Seen My Baby - such a nice groove and melody and was disappointed it wasn't a bigger hit. Even the little rap break works for me. Although the song never really takes off live. On the other hand, Out of Control to me is a modern day Midnight Rambler - an epic that is far superior live than in its studio version.

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: July 21, 2016 16:54

Maindefender
potus43
Please. Stop! That show has not had relevance for over 25 years

Who cares. The Stones live on a Saturday night is a big deal for Stones fans. Bring it on…...smileys with beer
Have not watched that show since Eddie Murphy left!

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1499
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home