Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: OT: The 50 Worst People At Concerts
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 8, 2016 16:34

MonkeyMan2000
switchblade1975
geordiestone
People who constantly yell the names of songs out just so they can prove they know them with no hope of the band actually playing them. Or just general shouting out song names between songs. Drives me crazy!angry smiley
you said it.

When I listen to Ya Yas, the girl that shouts "Paint It Black" drives me crazy!

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 8, 2016 17:02

People who can't wait until the end of a song to either move out of their seat or into it. Then, evvveryone has to stand up or move out of the way to let them move through the row to their seat.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: July 8, 2016 17:16

Actually, I just noticed nobody mentioned #3: extremely smelly people, especially from under their armpits. It's normal to sweat during a rock concert but you could at least put on a clean t-shirt before going to the event.

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: July 8, 2016 17:54

Seriously, all these "types" are the reasons I no longer get too attached to any seats at shows, unless we paid up and own killer seats. But we will no longer buy season tickets and GA shows are my preference. But when we have regular dumb ole seats and the going gets too rough or too stinky or too talky or singy or tally or throwy, hitty, fighty, sicky, tooloudy, bad scurrility, can't see well from hereity or as simple as it seems cooler over thereity... we move...

ya got ta mooooove....

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: July 8, 2016 17:59

I never understood that in the US rock concerts often have seats in the first place. I don't think I would even go to a rock concert with seats.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 8, 2016 18:19

The guy behind me at David Gilmour who, after finishing his plastic bottle of water, continued to hold onto the empty bottle while continually crushing it in his hand just a couple of inches from ear, and who when I politely asked him to stop, told me to "Turn around, watch the show, and shut up." He and his friends (one of whom I'd actually had a very pleasant conversation with before the show) then talked throughout the first set, complaining mostly, about how Gilmour was performing the exact same setlist they'd heard him do at another venue a couple of days earlier. They left, thank god, shortly after the second set began.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-08 18:29 by tatters.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 8, 2016 18:33

The kook that wants to hear the Stones play songs from their worst album ever.

Date: July 8, 2016 18:36

matxil
I never understood that in the US rock concerts often have seats in the first place. I don't think I would even go to a rock concert with seats.
Yeah, at least the floors/pitch/field should be GA.

I love an arena show with reserved balcony seating, a GA floor and I have a GA ticket when security does a good job of keeping them separated. I think the bands like GA floors too, at least a pit up front, where people can go nuts and cheer on the show.

Date: July 8, 2016 19:34

jambay
matxil
Yeah, at least the floors/pitch/field should be GA.

I love an arena show with reserved balcony seating, a GA floor and I have a GA ticket when security does a good job of keeping them separated. I think the bands like GA floors too, at least a pit up front, where people can go nuts and cheer on the show.

You think we always use the seats? They come in handy for the slow songs, I will say, or just when you're too tired to rock/sway...

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: July 8, 2016 20:28

The well known bastard from Germany who displaced me from the front row in Stockholm 1995.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 8, 2016 21:11

People with firearms, explosives

(So unfortunate that we must add that one to the list.)

Date: July 8, 2016 22:10

stupidguy2
That guy, or guys with sleeves rolled up like they just got off work from thier corporate jobs with thier trophy gf in tow and beer in hand. They either got free tickets or could afford the best seats so why not? I watched this clown at Florence and the Machine and he and the gf spent the whole time taking selfies of themselves.
They often come in small packs and they're at all the concerts and sports events. They're there because they have money to impress.

...or they change before the show into their poser band themed generic tshirts thought bought off the rack at Target...

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-08 22:10 by MidnightDevilRambler.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 8, 2016 23:46

When in London recently I took in a show at Ronnie Scott's. Their website clearly states - THE CLUB KINDLY REQUESTS THAT CONVERSATIONS BE KEPT TO A MINIMUM DURING PERFORMANCES - THIS IS OUT OF RESPECT FOR THE MUSICIANS AND YOUR FELLOW GUESTS. But the 2 young women beside me hadn't see each other for hours and had to catch up with the minutiae of each others' lives. And the two men in front of me were just as bad. When I (nicely) asked if they could keep their conversation to between sets, they talked louder and went out of their way to be complete asses, rolling their eyes at me the entire time. It was miserable. Then there are the "WOOOOOOO" people - always right behind my ear. And the ones who have to try to have a conversation with the band ("we looooove you!" Etc). And the ones who buy seats in the back and feel it's their God-given right to be closer, so they push and push until they are in front of me (always taller, and often unspeakably rude / drunk / loud)). I always forget about this in the excitement of planning a trip and buying tickets, until I get inside the venue and it starts. I think " no, not again." When you pay stupid prices for a ticket, and some ass thinks they can behave like a jerk, it seriously makes me reconsider going to gigs. Until the next one.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: July 8, 2016 23:50

Russell.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 8, 2016 23:51

[I'm kinda sad that they didn't mention the guy with the palm tree. Lovely gent but slightly mad...] grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-09 04:36 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: July 8, 2016 23:53

I took my 2 adult daughters to see Macca in Seattle a few years ago. We had good seats. But, the seat directly in front of me was occupied by a BEHEMOTH of a man. Not just about 6'6", but as wide a frame as anyone I have ever seen. And, from the get-go, he stood and constantly made his hands into the Wings "W". Yeah, I know I could have asked him to sit down, but . . . well, he was kind of intimidating. So, my daughters and I switched seats with each other a few times through the show.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 9, 2016 00:12

How about people who wave things in the air for the whole shows - such as signs
and the like. I understand raising them quickly once or twice but the whole show is nuts. Also I have been to some festivals were people will bring very long items to wave in the air, for the whole show, so their friends can meet up with them. How could that possibly disturb the people behind them - haha.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: July 9, 2016 04:34

Talkers
Vomiters

And chicks with large purses they have sling behind them and right into my solar plexis.

Date: July 9, 2016 07:48

DaveG
I took my 2 adult daughters to see Macca in Seattle a few years ago. We had good seats. But, the seat directly in front of me was occupied by a BEHEMOTH of a man. Not just about 6'6", but as wide a frame as anyone I have ever seen. And, from the get-go, he stood and constantly made his hands into the Wings "W". Yeah, I know I could have asked him to sit down, but . . . well, he was kind of intimidating. So, my daughters and I switched seats with each other a few times through the show.
I know that guy and his taller brother. smiling smiley They show up right in front of us at every other show and proceed to do that thing where they hold their huge arms up, interlace the fingers and hold the back of their heads. It is nuts. I will take a person recording a show over those guys any time.

And yikes! people getting sick at shows... that barfing chain reaction... and... time to find a new spot.

Date: July 9, 2016 16:15

jambay
Seriously, all these "types" are the reasons I no longer get too attached to any seats at shows, unless we paid up and own killer seats. But we will no longer buy season tickets and GA shows are my preference. But when we have regular dumb ole seats and the going gets too rough or too stinky or too talky or singy or tally or throwy, hitty, fighty, sicky, tooloudy, bad scurrility, can't see well from hereity or as simple as it seems cooler over thereity... we move...

ya got ta mooooove....

I've often had to do exactly that. Problem is, you really can't do that if it's a sold out show with reserved seating.

Date: July 9, 2016 16:32

DaveG

Reminds me of the time I saw CSNY on the first of their latter-day reunion tours. I had literally waited 25 years to see all four of them onstage together, and paid $200 a ticket (even more than the Stones were charging at the time) for 5th row seats directly in front of Neil's microphone. So what do you think happens? There's a guy directly in front of me who's gotta be 6' 5". No matter which way I leaned to get a better view, I was never able to actually get all four members of CSNY in my field of vision at the same time! I had to wait until the next tour to do that .... and I was in the cheap seats, with people behind me who were clearly there only because they had nothing better to do that night. During "Almost Cut My Hair" they were saying stuff like:

"This is my favorite Stephen Stills song"
"Which one is he?"
"He's the one that's barefoot, but he's the only one I recognize"

Seriously? ACMH is a David Crosby song .... and Stills wasn't barefoot. Graham Nash was barefoot.

They soon turned their attention away from the music they knew nothing about and talked non-stop about stuff they had done earlier in the day, and stuff they were planning on doing tomorrow. Fortunately, that show wasn't completely sold out, and we were able to move to different seats.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-09 16:39 by tatters.

Date: July 9, 2016 17:45

tatters
jambay

ya got ta mooooove....

I've often had to do exactly that. Problem is, you really can't do that if it's a sold out show with reserved seating.

Yeah, that is why I would rather have a ticket on a GA floor and why we no longer buy season tickets.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 10, 2016 18:22

Here is a gem: The guy put his arm around his girlfriend and started playing with my shoulder!

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: July 11, 2016 04:55

The guy who brings the brown acid. Of course, it's your own trip, so suit yourself.

On the internet nobody knows
you're Mick Jagger

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 11, 2016 05:21

1988 Keith and the Winos at Cleveland Music Hall - immediate memories are the kid who talked loudly to a friend using a fake English accent through the entire show and the jerk in the second tier who spilled beers all over us and the soundboard. Also the guy I knew from record shows who looked a bit like Ronnie who was filming the whole show with a huge camcorder and blocking those of us behind him from seeing the stage.

1989 I'm third row center stage seeing the Stones at Cleveland's Municipal Stadium and a drunk guy in the second row gets excited when "Little Red Rooster" starts and screams "You Gotta Move" repeatedly until Mick begins singing.

1994 my second last show at Municipal Stadium is VOODOO LOUNGE. I'm on the floor, about 30 rows back. What sticks in my mind? The beer run by everyone but me during "Miss You," the mass exodus during Keith's set, and the guy next to me who puked during "I Go Wild" precisely during the "I get sick / Somebody stop this pain" moment.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 11, 2016 05:43

jambay
guy put his arm

Yikes! that reminds me... a lot of these "types" can be annoying on airplanes too.
Like HUGE FAT people who are waaaaaaay too HUGE ELEPHANTINE to fit in one tiny spot/seat.

One time a hugefatfk was in the seats right next to the ours for a football game.
We had bought great tickets for a big time night game, warm weather, upper deck, front row, about the 50 yard line, had picked the 2 seats on the aisle, going to be fun,... but when we get there... here is this 350-600 pound hugefatfk sprawled across 3 seats... lump of crap plopped in his seat with his arms winged out over the adjoining chairs, one leg in a cast, both legs sprawled open wide as he loudly proclaiming his arms and legs need to be spread sprawled crapped out all over the adjoining seats (which means over our seats too).

I said nope... "move your arm and legs to your space" and he kind of did (as much as that hugefatfk could) and it was OK for about 2 seconds... then he started... and then we started... and it was going to be ugly. Someone was going over the rail, so I made the call do the thing where moved to other seats... that really sucked.

That incident is a big part of I am never too attached to any seats I may or may not have for a show.

Should have provided him with a Monty Python "Mint". smiling smiley

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 11, 2016 06:00

Anybody that's drunk.

Date: July 11, 2016 06:45

shattered
jambay
guy put his arm

Yikes! that reminds me... a lot of these "types" can be annoying on airplanes too.
Like HUGE FAT people who are waaaaaaay too HUGE ELEPHANTINE to fit in one tiny spot/seat.

One time a hugefatfk was in the seats right next to the ours for a football game.
We had bought great tickets for a big time night game, warm weather, upper deck, front row, about the 50 yard line, had picked the 2 seats on the aisle, going to be fun,... but when we get there... here is this 350-600 pound hugefatfk sprawled across 3 seats... lump of crap plopped in his seat with his arms winged out over the adjoining chairs, one leg in a cast, both legs sprawled open wide as he loudly proclaiming his arms and legs need to be spread sprawled crapped out all over the adjoining seats (which means over our seats too).

I said nope... "move your arm and legs to your space" and he kind of did (as much as that hugefatfk could) and it was OK for about 2 seconds... then he started... and then we started... and it was going to be ugly. Someone was going over the rail, so I made the call do the thing where moved to other seats... that really sucked.

That incident is a big part of I am never too attached to any seats I may or may not have for a show.

Should have provided him with a Monty Python "Mint". smiling smiley

grinning smiley Indeed... BOOM!!!

That whole situation was a bad deal. I had kind of blocked it all out until that comment about the guy put his arm... yikes!!

I have had similar situations with elephants on planes a couple times too. One time a women seated wedged next to me asked for an extension thing for her seat belt (who knew that even existed?) and even with that she could not not buckle the belt around her. I still can see the expression on the stewardess's face as she looked down and just blew it off. I suppose I cant blame her... what else could she do short of tossing the woman off the plane for safety reasons. I switched seats as soon as I could so that woman could spillover the arm rest all she wanted without me being there (and I am not even mentioning her B.O.)

I am not being mean, or judging... just saying the facts.
I dont mind if people want to be fat... as long as I am not affected by it

the flashbacks... the flashbacks... barrrarararaerrrrrrr

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-11 06:47 by jambay.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 11, 2016 13:49

jambay , i know exactly what you are talking about , the worst flights i have ever had were when i was sitting next to someone like you were squeezed in my seat by someone that was exactly as you described .

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1516
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home