Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: SanJose 1999 No Security show
Posted by: VideoJames ()
Date: July 10, 2016 07:56

I don't know where this rumor that Paul McCartney filmed the 100 Club show came from 1986.
I attended this show and I don't even recall seeing Paul there.. I saw no one in the audience filming or taping the show (and I was looking!!). It was a small gathering and I would have seen a camera or tape recording happening and there was none. I was going to tape it myself but decided not to, do to the what the event was for(private wake for Stu). I would think that the band or the Stewart family would do it if they wanted to have it recorded (but they didn't). The Stones came to me many years ago and asked if I had a copy of the show or knew someone with a copy..(making me sad I didn't film or record it).
In 1977 I asked Peter Rudge if he wanted to film the El Mocambo shows, but they did not want to do it, as they were recording (audio) the shows and didn't want to spend the extra money plus it would take up to much room to film and the venue was small and not be fare to the fans attending the shows.
Also some one mention that the BBC recorded over the Knebworth show and only one hour exist..This is untrue, I know for a fact the whole show still exist and that it still has a chance of being released one day (a lot of work would have to be done on the master tapes for it to happen though)
Sir Morgan Cove was taped (audio) but not filmed from what I was told..But very doubtful it will ever come out.
San Jose was filmed (multi camera shoot) and was at one point planned for release (TV I believe) but was later scratched.. This has great production value and I would think eventually get released someday.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 10, 2016 09:17

VideoJames

Sir Morgan Cove was taped (audio)

Do you have a partial or complete setlist to share with us? That would put an end to a lot of speculations here.

Date: July 10, 2016 10:39

VideoJames
I don't know where this rumor that Paul McCartney filmed the 100 Club show came from 1986.
I attended this show and I don't even recall seeing Paul there.. I saw no one in the audience filming or taping the show (and I was looking!!). It was a small gathering and I would have seen a camera or tape recording happening and there was none. I was going to tape it myself but decided not to, do to the what the event was for(private wake for Stu). I would think that the band or the Stewart family would do it if they wanted to have it recorded (but they didn't). The Stones came to me many years ago and asked if I had a copy of the show or knew someone with a copy..(making me sad I didn't film or record it).
In 1977 I asked Peter Rudge if he wanted to film the El Mocambo shows, but they did not want to do it, as they were recording (audio) the shows and didn't want to spend the extra money plus it would take up to much room to film and the venue was small and not be fare to the fans attending the shows.
Also some one mention that the BBC recorded over the Knebworth show and only one hour exist..This is untrue, I know for a fact the whole show still exist and that it still has a chance of being released one day (a lot of work would have to be done on the master tapes for it to happen though)
Sir Morgan Cove was taped (audio) but not filmed from what I was told..But very doubtful it will ever come out.
San Jose was filmed (multi camera shoot) and was at one point planned for release (TV I believe) but was later scratched.. This has great production value and I would think eventually get released someday.

Thanks, James thumbs up

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 10, 2016 17:21

donvis
tommycharles
More Hot Rocks
Didn't Mick use the cage during Out Of Control during this show. It was soon dropped. Maybe it was more embarrassing then cherry picker.

Was dropped by the time they got to San Jose, I'm fairly sure. The clip of it in the Four Flicks doc is from Denver.
I was at the Denver show. I don't remember the cage.

I believe it was used for only the first or the first two. Then it was dropped.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: July 10, 2016 23:06

DandelionPowderman
VideoJames

Thanks, James thumbs up

Just makes me wonder when you're actually that close to the band that they asked you for a recording of the event years later why you did not ask them before the event if they would want you to record it for posterity, if only on a cheap cassette just to have at least something, like the Beatles Candlestick Park show which was recorded by Barrow on cheap equipment at the request of Paul who obviously had a sense for the occasion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-10 23:27 by alimente.

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: July 11, 2016 23:32

Thank you VideoJames!! The news that Knebworth is complete gives me hope that one of my holy grails will be released some day!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 12, 2016 07:14

DrPete
Thank you VideoJames!! The news that Knebworth is complete gives me hope that one of my holy grails will be released some day!

hello Dr. Pete from St Louis.

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: July 12, 2016 14:10

Hi More Hot Rocks!!

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1806
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home