Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Changing the lyrics permanently
Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: June 21, 2016 00:33

It seems politically correctness has usurped art. "He's called the hit and run raper in anger" really? It's more powerful, more menacing, more artful in the 1st person. Jagger changes a few other lyrics, the most notable for me is the Midnight Rambler, black girls in Some Girls, and the age of the girl in Stray Cat.

Rock music nowadays plays to the lowest common denominator. I remember someone (on this board) actually lashed out at Townshend for singing in the 1st person in Quick One While He's Away- "and once did sit on Ivan the engine driver's lap and later had a nap." I guess the poster didn't realize that Townshend was singing the part of the girl in the song.

Sign of the times. . .

Date: June 21, 2016 04:13

deardoctortake1
Mick obviously has used song books lyric sheets to remember lines to songs.

They are not always accurate.

The one that got the most attention from me was in "it's only rock n roll"

For the past few years he would sing "feelings with blood on the page"

and has since gone back to the original "spill it all over the stage"

Those are 2 different verses on the LP version but,the former is "feelings would flood on the page" >>>> "if I could write a love song so divine".

The line "spill it all over the stage" is in the verse with "if I could stick a pen in my heart".

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: June 21, 2016 04:24

I'm not sure he ever sings the line "Women think I'm tasty" on "Tumbling Dice" anymore.

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: June 21, 2016 05:51

End of Midnight Rambler - "I'll stick my knife right down your throat baby and it hurts!".

Mick said "and it hurts" at Newark 12-15-12 (listening to it as I type) but often that last lyric (and it hurts) is usually skipped.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: June 21, 2016 06:06

We haven't heard him whip the women just around midnight for a long time!

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: June 21, 2016 07:19

In my opinion, changing lyrics to be "politically correct" is absolutely lame. If you don't have the balls and artistic integrity to stick to your guns then you should just retire.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 22, 2016 07:45

Rip This Joint ... "Alabam don't give a damn" often becomes: "Alabama don't give a shit"

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1753
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home