Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Jagger with his son Lucas yesterday on Euro cup 2016 Russia - England
Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: June 13, 2016 18:34

jlowe
stanlove
keefriff99
tumbled
I am glad he is drinking something he is really skinny
He's been really skinny for almost 73 years...I'm pretty sure he knows how to take care of himself.

Actually its not that he is so skinny its way to many other people are overweight. He is probably about where he should be.

73 years old.
28 inch waist.
Full head of hair (albeit dyed).
Some guys have all the luck!

The 28 inch waist is not luck. he most likely doesn't overeat and he exercises. Thats how I am. I am amazed when I see people overeating and not exercising. Not a good combo.

If this was the 1940s nobody would be talking about how skinny Jagger is, he would fit right in..

Date: June 13, 2016 18:47

latebloomer
alieb
stanlove
keefriff99
tumbled
I am glad he is drinking something he is really skinny
He's been really skinny for almost 73 years...I'm pretty sure he knows how to take care of himself.

Actually its not that he is so skinny its way to many other people are overweight. He is probably about where he should be.
You're not wrong about the obesity epidemic but I think Mick is naturally underweight, because I'm pretty sure I remember an interview where he said he'd like to put on some weight but it's difficult for him even though he eats a lot. I have a lot of friends who are like this, naturally underweight. It's not easy to lose weight but it's possible at least. Gaining weight when your metabolism is really good is probably much more difficult.

He's for sure got a revved up metabolism on top of all the exercise he gets and his naturally slim frame. I get people telling me to eat more all the time, I think I eat plenty, but I just don't care that much about food and I'm guessing Mick is much the same. What he probably thinks is a lot to eat, is one bite for many others.grinning smiley

I am exactly the same way. I really don't get excited about food. For me now my goal with eating is to eat healthy and cheap and I don't eat alot because I have no desire to. WHY.

I really hate when someone pressures me to go out and spend 40 dollars at a restaurant when I would be just as happy eating a 50 send sandwich at home. 40 dollars down the drain.

Its amazing how many overweight people think I am the one with the problem. I used to work with a whole crew of overweight guys who would make fun of my lunches between their stress tests. I read once where John Belushi used to hang around Jagger's apartment sometimes and was always getting on Jagger about having no food around so he started bringing over food and shocking up the fridge. Yeah because not overeating and not being overweight is a problem.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: June 13, 2016 18:50

Ronnie still appears very slim....despite his lifestyle.
Charlie also...I can't imagine he has been an exercise man either.
Bill likewise. He doesn't seem like a salad man to me.

Genetics? 1940/50s Working class upbringing...limited funds but good wholesome food perhaps?

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 13, 2016 18:55

jlowe

Genetics? 1940/50s Working class upbringing...limited funds but good wholesome food perhaps?
It boggles my mind that Mick, Charlie and Ronnie have all maintained rail-thin physiques into their 70s. Talk about three people with rare genetics all staying in the same band for decades.

And Keith is still in half-way decent shape, despite his recent paunch. He started putting on a bit weight once he stopped doing coke.

Date: June 13, 2016 19:09

keefriff99
jlowe

It boggles my mind that Mick, Charlie and Ronnie have all maintained rail-thin physiques into their 70s. Talk about three people with rare genetics all staying in the same band for decades.

And Keith is still in half-way decent shape, despite his recent paunch. He started putting on a bit weight once he stopped doing coke.

Why do you chalk it up to genetics? It most likely is 3 guys who take care of themselves and realize that an overweight sloppy musician is not a good look and they are going to be in the public eye.

Anyone can stay thin if they make it a goal.

The Beatles ere all thin and down the line. How many overweight rock stars are there?

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: June 13, 2016 19:32

And don't forget that Keith lives in the USA.... cool smiley

Date: June 13, 2016 19:40

stanlove
keefriff99
jlowe

Why do you chalk it up to genetics? It most likely is 3 guys who take care of themselves and realize that an overweight sloppy musician is not a good look and they are going to be in the public eye.

Anyone can stay thin if they make it a goal.

The Beatles ere all thin and down the line. How many overweight rock stars are there?
When you're THAT lean at that age, it comes down to genetics. All three have classic ectomorph physiques.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 13, 2016 20:12

keefriff99
Look at him on the Stripped DVDs...his arms are quite ripped and defined, and those ABS! I'm so jealous of his abs.

He's not just skinny, he's incredibly lean and defined.[/quote

*Oh REALLY?! I hadn't noticed.
lol.
Luv it when people feel they can verbally judge your body right to your face
when you are considered thin, but how voodoo wrong it is if the person is overweight.
I'm thinking of my mother-in-law (English, btw, grew up around Mick supposedly)
'You know, you'd really look better if you'd put on 10 pounds'
Let me just put that right on my asss after you kiss it.
(I didn't say that)

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 13, 2016 20:45

daniel t

has nothing to do with it-he's a multi-millionare he can get any kind of food he wants anywhere,anytime. it's down to being lazy.

you either stuff yourself full of food or you don't,it's not complicated.
if you eat to much,you get fat. saying people who don't overeat have a fast metabolism or have different genetics is just an excuse people use to make themselves feel better.
isn't keith the same age,come from the same place and have he same basic body type as mick and the rest of the stones? same as mick taylor,lazy and sloppy.

Date: June 13, 2016 21:16

lem motlow
daniel t

has nothing to do with it-he's a multi-millionare he can get any kind of food he wants anywhere,anytime. it's down to being lazy.

if you eat to much,you get fat. saying people who don't overeat have a fast metabolism or have different genetics is just an excuse people use to make themselves feel better.
isn't keith the same age,come from the same place and have he same basic body type as mick and the rest of the stones? same as mick taylor,lazy and sloppy.

Bingo..Perfect post

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 13, 2016 22:01

Back to the thread lol

Nice last picture.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 13, 2016 22:36

I read that the generation of English people born during the war is the thinnest since 1900. If you are food-deprived when you are young, you do not put weight on easily. The only people who are overweight from that generation are drinkers.

I am the same about hating to spend money in restaurants. A sandwich or gelato cone is enough to satisfy me and I would rather spend the money on clothes. Dining out became quite expensive awhile back. We would go out with another couple, say a friend and her husband, and the husband would be some big blowhard and I would leave thinking 'I just spent over $100 to listen to that?'

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 14, 2016 00:51

We would go out with another couple, say a friend and her husband, and the husband would be some big blowhard and I would leave thinking 'I just spent over $100 to listen to that?'

And what about when ya start the dinner then all of a sudden outta no-where
a female singer appears and yells at full volume like she's performing on Search For A Star ..... Oh OH babeee that's a hard one ta stomach

ROCKMAN

Date: June 14, 2016 01:05

stanlove
lem motlow
daniel t

Bingo..Perfect post
I'm a naturally thin person and I'm a runner, but as I've gotten older, I've had to watch my diet more. It's obvious I can't splurge on certain foods I used to. So yes, I'm very strict about my health and fitness but nevertheless, I'm blessed with a good metabolism and that keeps me fitter than other people.

I don't know why you're so vehemently opposed to metabolism and genetics being a factor in some peoples' body types. No one is discounting the work Mick puts in to stay in shape, but I've never read about Charlie or Ron being gym rats. Maybe they're conscientious with their eating, but that alone doesn't keep people in fighting trim shape as they age.

Date: June 14, 2016 01:24

keefriff99
stanlove
lem motlow
daniel t

Bingo..Perfect post
I'm a naturally thin person and I'm a runner, but as I've gotten older, I've had to watch my diet more. It's obvious I can't splurge on certain foods I used to. So yes, I'm very strict about my health and fitness but nevertheless, I'm blessed with a good metabolism and that keeps me fitter than other people.

I don't know why you're so vehemently opposed to metabolism and genetics being a factor in some peoples' body types. No one is discounting the work Mick puts in to stay in shape, but I've never read about Charlie or Ron being gym rats. Maybe they're conscientious with their eating, but that alone doesn't keep people in fighting trim shape as they age.

I am against using that excuse because I have hung around many people in my life and just being around them I can tell why they weigh what they do.

Unless there is a real medical problem ( and obviously that can be the issue for a small percentage, medicines) any heavy person could have me follow them around for a month and tell them what not to eat and what to eat and they will lose a ton of weight.

Do you know how many heavy people I have hung with who claim to be victims of a metabolism when in reality its just they eat too much and don't exercise enough. I am shocked every time they lay that excuse on me and then I see what they eat daily before they sit around and watch tv all day.

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: June 14, 2016 04:13

Well...there goes that claim that Mick doesn't drink anymore...I never believed it anyway...I'm sure he has a stockpile of the best wines on Earth.

Now...do I believe he doesn't drink on tour?...I might believe he doesn't
drink before the shows any more.

BTY - there are plenty of pictures of him drinking on stage during the Tattoo You tour...and I remember a beer or two on the Licks Tour.

Pecman

Posted by: Hansman ()
Date: June 14, 2016 13:01

Mick is a so called Ectomorph. Ectomorph's have very littly body fat by nature, much less fat cells than other body types, so they can only gain so much fat. Mick could eat as much as he wants, he wouldn't get really fat. Lucky him. Ronnie's an Ectomorph as well.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-14 13:04 by Hansman.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: June 14, 2016 13:17

latebloomer
I'm guessing England didn't do so well??

There's always something going wrong with England in the end when Mick is in the stadium! That's why some tabloid had a campaign started (World Cup 2014?) to forbid him access to any of the England matches! Maybe they should have forced him to leave when England scored the 1:0...

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 14, 2016 14:14

JJHMick
latebloomer
I'm guessing England didn't do so well??

There's always something going wrong with England in the end when Mick is in the stadium! That's why some tabloid had a campaign started (World Cup 2014?) to forbid him access to any of the England matches! Maybe they should have forced him to leave when England scored the 1:0...

That's funny....so they think Mick brings bad luck to the team?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-14 17:40 by latebloomer.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 14, 2016 17:30

Yep, Sir Michael is called 'pe frio' - The Jinx, in Brazil. And Maybe that has carried over to Team England?
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 14, 2016 18:05

When it comes to football, he's a very confusing influence (and we all know he can consume a football stadium so .....he supports Arsenal and Tottenham (both from North London) ...........this is like supporting the New York Mets and New York Yankees..............eye popping smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-14 21:06 by EddieByword.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 14, 2016 20:41

Stoneage
Yep, Sir Michael is called 'pe frio' - The Jinx, in Brazil. And Maybe that has carried over to Team England?
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Brazilians like to blame everybody else, when things go wrong. That is their nature. Jagger didn't support Brazil football team, when they were sent out in the dark by Peru.

Footballers in general should focus more on playing football than taking selfies, posting on Twitter / Facebook, worrying about hair-style, tattoo's all over on their body etc.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: June 15, 2016 00:55

claudine
more pics

i better get to work on making some memes out of these

Posted by: Voodookitten76 ()
Date: June 15, 2016 05:44

EddieByword
When it comes to football, he's a very confusing influence (and we all know he can consume a football stadium so .....he supports Arsenal and Tottenham (both from North London) ...........this is like supporting the New York Mets and New York Yankees..............eye popping smiley

Long before his pe frio days: In this interview from 1985, Mick talks about football (starting around 1:10) and about supporting both teams--Arsenal and the Spurs (starting around 1:45).

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 15, 2016 05:47

man, Mick points and gesticulates even when not on stage.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 15, 2016 10:41

Voodookitten76
EddieByword

Long before his pe frio days: In this interview from 1985, Mick talks about football (starting around 1:10) and about supporting both teams--Arsenal and the Spurs (starting around 1:45).

Yeah, I guess it took the fans a while to put two and two together.......winking smiley

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: June 25, 2016 03:32

EddieByword
Voodookitten76
EddieByword

Yeah, I guess it took the fans a while to put two and two together.......winking smiley

EddieByword..Be good to see ya do well in the rugby tonight

colonialNZ smileys with beer

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2024
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home