Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones Tour in Europe 2017
Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: December 16, 2016 17:45

BV says nothing sensational about a possible Munich show, only that they've been there always, but not last time around. He knows no concrete rumour as it seems.
I think if they don't play Switzerland then there may be two shows in Germany, one of them probably in the South. But why should they headline a Munich festival? They would sell out the Olympic Stadium on their own and earn much more money. The Merkur presents no rumour but an circular argument.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-16 17:48 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: December 16, 2016 18:07

Monsoon Ragoon
BV says nothing sensational about a possible Munich show, only that they've been there always, but not last time around. He knows no concrete rumour as it seems.
I think if they don't play Switzerland then there may be two shows in Germany, one of them probably in the South. But why should they headline a Munich festival? They would sell out the Olympic Stadium on their own and earn much more money. The Merkur presents no rumour but an circular argument.

Many reliable sources stated over the last few months that the Stones try to avoid too high cost for stage and crew. If they play 10 shows next year and most of them are festivals they do only need a stage crew but no huge steel crew like on past tours. They did the same this year during the short US tour.

Rumors of festival appearances are Vienna (Donauinsel), Munich (Rockavaria) and Oslo as of now. Furthermore all other concerts could be billed as special "festivals" like they did in Hyde Park 2013.

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: December 16, 2016 18:10

henrik87

Many reliable sources stated over the last few months that the Stones try to avoid too high cost for stage and crew. If they play 10 shows next year and most of them are festivals they do only need a stage crew but no huge steel crew like on past tours. They did the same this year during the short US tour.

Rumors of festival appearances are Vienna (Donauinsel), Munich (Rockavaria) and Oslo as of now. Furthermore all other concerts could be billed as special "festivals" like they did in Hyde Park 2013.

Nijmegen is also an example of keeping costs down. G&R are playing at Goffertpark on July 12th. So it is a safe bet that they keep the basic stage set-up and just add the Stones screen and decoration like b-stage.

Date: December 16, 2016 18:24

henrik87

Good argument. But the "rumoured"/possible Munich festival date end of May does not fit to a 10 concerts tour until mid July. The Stones would have absurd high costs for hotels etc.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: December 16, 2016 19:05

henrik87

Thinking that The Stones would organize their tour around the main idea that they would tour "on budget" is absolutely laughable IMO. I mean we all know how much they earn on each and every concert. The last US minitour was scheduled around the Desert Trip, where they didn't have their stage indeed, but it was obviously a very special occasion, which The Stones didn't come up with. Anyway, thinking that The Stones would do a "festival tour" in order to save money on stage is something like saying that they would be staying in backpackers' hostels IMO.

Anyway, there is a discussion here whether there will be one or two German dates - strange as it seems, I would bet on only one. The 2014 European tour had 2 German shows - 1 stadium show in Dusseldorf and one "small" Waldbuhne show. So if the 2017 tour would have something like 10 dates, I find it very likely Germany will get only one.

But I have no info, it is all just my speculation and what actually surprises me is, that bv lists the Ernest Happel stadium in Vienna as a rumoured venue, since they played there in 2014. I really like it, it would be very convinient for me, but I find it difficult to believe. But I would love it.

Edit: I have realized that the Ernest Happel stadium has been changed to Donauinselfest since I looked at the rumoured dates a couple of hour ago :-) To me personally a festival date appeals way less than a regular gig. Anyway, I am really happy and excited that from how this thread is active, it actually looks like we might get some official news earlier than it has been usual in the last couple of yeras.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-16 19:21 by Happy24.

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: December 16, 2016 19:10

The 14th of july (Nijmegen?) is a friday, not a saturday.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 16, 2016 19:11

They love doing festivals because:

- The stage is there, no need to build it
- The crowd is "new" and younger fans
- They get to see new places

Glastonbury, Roskilde, Desert Trip, Rock in Rio, ... The list is long, and for this tour, I think it is easier to win the bid if the stage is there, vs the Stones have to build it. That is why Paris and Vienna are competing so we will see what happens with those two, on the same week-end now. One has to go or change.

Bjornulf

Date: December 16, 2016 19:27

bv
They love doing festivals because:

- The stage is there, no need to build it
- The crowd is "new" and younger fans
- They get to see new places

Glastonbury, Roskilde, Desert Trip, Rock in Rio, ... The list is long, and for this tour, I think it is easier to win the bid if the stage is there, vs the Stones have to build it. That is why Paris and Vienna are competing so we will see what happens with those two, on the same week-end now. One has to go or change.

New places like Munich, Nijmegen, Vienna? Agree with the rest, but I can't see them droppimg Paris for Vienna. I really hope they will not become a festival act at the end, with Angie and LARS every day, they deserve a better end.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-16 19:38 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: December 16, 2016 19:40

Does anyone have any information about what date the rumoured Barcelona show might fall on?
I am supposed to be in Paris on Friday the 7th July so hoping if the Stones play that weekend it will be Saturday or Sunday.

Thanks

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: December 16, 2016 20:03

Sorry Bjornulf, i repeat myself but :

SAT 14 july 2017 is impossible
SAT 15 or FRI 14 would be more possiblewinking smiley

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: December 16, 2016 20:54

Of the potential or rumored cities for this tour, which of those cities have the best fan base. Or put another way, what would be the best places to target seeing the Stones next summer?

Date: December 16, 2016 20:59

Barcelona should be halfway similar to South America.

Date: December 16, 2016 21:09

Yes I've seen the Stones in South America and I've seen a lot of concerts around Europe.Spain is always a great crowd but anywhere you choose you will have a great time.

Nate thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-16 21:10 by Nate.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: December 17, 2016 02:11

Italy too is a great crowd hot hot hot!!!thumbs upsmoking smiley

Date: December 17, 2016 02:39

mailexile67
Italy too is a great crowd hot hot hot!!!thumbs upsmoking smiley

Yes I have seen the Stones and Springsteen both at Circus Maximus an amazing venue and both crowds were great.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: December 17, 2016 11:26

Added on the rumour list:
June 3/4 2017 Rock in Vienna at Donauinsel Vienna, Austria

Date: December 17, 2016 11:50

The Vienna date and location has been changed twice during the last day in the "European Tour 2017" section, so we see that things keep on changing and promoters do whatever they can to bring The Stones to Vienna. I am dying to hear something definitive and I hope I won't be in this state for another 4 months :-)

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 17, 2016 12:54

spunky

Isn't Rock in Vienna more of a metal fest?

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: December 17, 2016 13:00

drbryant

The line-up in 2016: RIV 2016

Date: December 17, 2016 13:05

MAF

That's something for drunk AC/DC fans. Can't believe there are negotiations with the Stones... Things like that happened at the Lausitzring/Eurospeedway near Dresden in the past, that would be a venue for me, though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-17 13:06 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: December 17, 2016 13:06

Monsoon Ragoon
That's something for drunk AC/DC fans.

Äh, nein, zumindest nicht für mich.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-17 13:18 by TooTough.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: December 17, 2016 13:07

Rock in Vienna 2016 layout: RIV layout

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: December 17, 2016 13:22

Any rumours on London or Knebworth we have been waiting since 2013eye popping smiley

Date: December 17, 2016 13:30

TooTough

Gut, ich will damit nicht gesagt haben, dass alle Fans von AC/DC usw. saufen oder blöd sind. Aber mein Fall ist so etwas nicht - und ein solches Umfeld passt nicht zu einem Stones Konzert. Ich hoffe, die Jungs wollen sich nicht auf der letzten Tour vor Halbfans lächerlich machen, die 98 % Superhits hören wollen.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-17 13:32 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: December 17, 2016 13:37

Monsoon Ragoon

Gut, ich will damit nicht gesagt haben, dass alle Fans von AC/DC usw. saufen oder
blöd sind. Aber mein Fall ist so etwas nicht - und ein solches Umfeld passt
nicht zu einem Stones Konzert. Ich hoffe, die Jungs wollen sich nicht auf der
letzten Tour vor Halbfans lächerlich machen, die 98 % Superhits hören wollen.

Jetzt bin ich bei dir! grinning smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 17, 2016 14:10

Monsoon Ragoon

Things like that happened at the Lausitzring/Eurospeedway near Dresden in the past, that would be a venue for me, though.

I don't think that the Stones will ever play in the "Armenhaus Deutschlands" (Germany's poorhouse) .... winking smiley

I also don't think that they'll play in Dresden or Erfurt -- Prague is just too close.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: December 17, 2016 14:20

With no show in Denmkark it's Hamburgs turn.

Date: December 17, 2016 14:21

Irix

Things like that happened at the Lausitzring/Eurospeedway near Dresden in the past, that would be a venue for me, though.

I don't think that the Stones will ever play in the "Armenhaus Deutschlands" (Germany's poorhouse) .... winking smiley

I also don't think that they'll play in Dresden or Erfurt -- Prague is just too close.

They were three times in Leipzig and the shows sold much better than many West German shows 1999-2007. The West German tour 2007 was a financial desaster for the promotors. If they had chosen Erfurt, the stadium would have been sold out.

There are very few places in Germany were they still can sell 70.000 tickets at high prices. One of them is Munich, one is Dresden (and there are 3-4 more). The area has a relative rich population (richer than in the Ruhr area, where they played three or four times since 1990) and the Stones have never been closer than more than 100 km to Dresden, which means there are many, many people who would actually buying tickets. There us a big demand. Look at Austin or Regina 2006 to see how good Stones tickets sell in "new" towns. They even earned money in very poor countries like Peru and Bolivia. same for Lausitzring 40 km north (which is also not very far from Berlin). If Prague (and Berlin) does not happen, a show in Saxony is possible (but not very likely, I know). And Prague will probably not happen, because Brno 2007 was also selling very poorly.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-17 14:40 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: December 17, 2016 14:23

Irix

I don't believe they will play Prague anymore. They have pleyed there several times before, but Vaclav Havel was a big part of the reason they played there. It is true that Dresden is close to Prague, but it is still Germany, while Prague is not and it means very different ticket pricing.

Anyway, as I wrote above, I believe thet Germeny might get only one concert and in that case I don't believe places like Dresden or Erfurt might get even considered.

Date: December 17, 2016 14:26

MAF

Wow, after seeing the 2016 lineup I really hope they don't play there. If they do, I might skip it, even if it was my last chance to see them. But nothing is set, also the date is at the beginning of June and the span between 3/6-14/7 doesn't go well along with the rumours of a 4-5 week tour.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 65

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2786
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home