Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones Tour in Europe 2017
Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: December 15, 2016 12:30

erikjjf

And "Tsar Tsar" as an encore, perhaps?

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: December 15, 2016 13:09

There are offers from not less than 10 countries and 15 cities, but the tour won't be a big one, 8-10 shows.
UK, Germany and France are the only countries 100% confirmed.

The new album (if they want to finish it) won't be out during the tour, after the success of B&L they will milk that one a bit more.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: December 15, 2016 13:13

DandelionPowderman

Next year will see Aerosmith and Guns'N Roses in Europe in early summer. In the case, the Stones plan to tour Europe they will certainly choose dates in mid or later summer ... That's what I guess.

Anyway, hope to see them next year in Germany. Any place, any time.

According to Bjørnulf it will be Mid June until mid July.

If bv says mid June - mid July, then it is very likely correct. Springsteen, McCartney, Gilmour and Black Sabbath all toured Europe this June (there were probably many more, but those were that I saw in June :-) and I think it had almost zero impact on the ticket sales. No competition really - the more acts are on tour, the more concerts people will go to.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: December 15, 2016 13:24

Happy24

Next year will see Aerosmith and Guns'N Roses in Europe in early summer. In the case, the Stones plan to tour Europe they will certainly choose dates in mid or later summer ... That's what I guess.

Anyway, hope to see them next year in Germany. Any place, any time.

According to Bjørnulf it will be Mid June until mid July.

If bv says mid June - mid July, then it is very likely correct. Springsteen, McCartney, Gilmour and Black Sabbath all toured Europe this June (there were probably many more, but those were that I saw in June :-) and I think it had almost zero impact on the ticket sales. No competition really - the more acts are on tour, the more concerts people will go to.

Yes and the Stones are a bigger draw than any other band on the planet they are in a league of their own.

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 15, 2016 13:26

I would love to go to Berlin and London , that would be really cool .Wembley in London and Olympic Stadium in Berlin smiling smiley

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: December 15, 2016 14:15

Oh No, Not Berlin Again - they played there concerts in 1965 (1), 1970 (1), 1973 (1), 1976 (1), 1982 (1), 1990 (3), 1995 (1), 1998 (2), 2003 (1), 2006 (1), 2014 (1). That's 14 shows, some of them did not sell very well. I think it's enough. One show every 3,5 years. Moscow is 3x as big and had 1 show. Is that fair? Also, the 5 Berlin shows I attended were all average at best, Leipzig gigs were much better.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-15 15:03 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: December 15, 2016 14:20

My best Rolling Stones gigs were in Berlin 1990, 2003.
Great memories, The Rolling Stones played fantastic there, in front of very good audiences

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: December 15, 2016 14:50

bv
Mid June until mid July will give 4-5 weeks of two shows per week i.e. 8 shows or so. As soon as the contract for the shows is signed there will be something more to tell. Until then they may pick and reject shows on offer as they please.

Indeed there are talks about Nijmegen, Barcelona, Paris, Oslo and a few more cities, we just need to see them contracting to these dates.

Any more rumours about Poland other than that Warsaw (National Stadium) date is a firm offer, already on the table?

Posted by: atip ()
Date: December 15, 2016 16:15

Spud

My brother had a brief chat with one of the Stones' 'permanent' crew members this past weekend in London (passed by on the street). He (will not name him here) simply said 'pay off your credit cards' with a laugh. Something is up. Mine are paid off and I'm negotiating with my wife smiling smiley

Good luck with that winking smiley

You can always get a new wife.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: December 15, 2016 16:34

Great to see some real details starting to float up to the surface. Coming from the US with only a 7-10 day window of travel time, it looks I'll only be able to do one, maybe two shows tops but I'll be there! I'll be damned if that canceled Vegas show is my 'last'

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: December 15, 2016 17:16

My best Rolling Stones gigs were in Berlin 1990, 2003.
Great memories, The Rolling Stones played fantastic there, in front of very good audiences
been a few times to berlin too, always great shows (though waiting in the full sun in front of the olympic stadium is not always that fun).

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: December 15, 2016 20:52

10 City tour is what I've heard. Please don't ask who from.
Chriseganstar

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: December 16, 2016 01:23

Gaetzi
Great to see some real details starting to float up to the surface. Coming from the US with only a 7-10 day window of travel time, it looks I'll only be able to do one, maybe two shows tops but I'll be there! I'll be damned if that canceled Vegas show is my 'last'

Us too, missed meeting you and your friends. Still hoping for a couple concerts in US in the spring. Weren't there rumours about that too? Since the Europeon concerts seem to be shaping up, hoping spring concerts will too.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: December 16, 2016 02:48

chriseganstar
Chriseganstar

Okay, who from?

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: December 16, 2016 11:06

Happy24

Chriseganstar

Okay, who from?

Don't ever do that again..You must understand that if Mick finds out this guy's giving us info, he will never tell him anything again.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 16, 2016 11:10

powerage78
[www.byzegut.fr]

Paris, Stade de France, 24 juin 2017 ?

Huhuh the page's been deleted from Zegut's blog... because it was an insider info that was not to be communicated to the general public?

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: December 16, 2016 12:07

uhmmm...10 Countries...UK,France,Holland,Germany,Norway,Poland,Italy,Austria,Spain,Serbia/Croatia...Could it be?!winking smileycool smileythumbs up

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: December 16, 2016 12:23

RoughJusticeOnYa

And "Tsar Tsar" as an encore, perhaps?

>grinning smiley<

No, it'll be the Parrot Sketch.

Date: December 16, 2016 12:52

Might end up like this (not in particular order):

Vienna @ Donauinsel
Oslo @ Voldsløkka Idrettspark
London @ Wembley Stadium or Olympic Stadium
Paris @ Stade De France
Barcelona @ Camp Nou
Warsaw @ PGE National Stadium
Nijmegen @ Goffert Park
Milan @ San Siro
Croatia / Serbia
Germany - Hockenheimring or Alianz Arena in Munich?
Goteborg @ Ullevi ?

I wonder if the UK and Germany will get more than just one show... Demand would be much higher! Maybe some club shows in both countries?

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: December 16, 2016 13:10

wickerman

Vienna @ Donauinsel
Paris @ Stade De France
Barcelona @ Camp Nou
Nijmegen @ Goffert Park
Milan @ San Siro
Croatia / Serbia
Goteborg @ Ullevi ?

I wonder if the UK and Germany will get more than just one show... Demand would be much higher! Maybe some club shows in both countries?

well I sure hope for something different, no need for the same show in the same places
at least for me

(though I know I will end up with a ticket in hand grinning smiley )

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: December 16, 2016 13:59

maumau

Vienna @ Donauinsel
Paris @ Stade De France
Barcelona @ Camp Nou
Nijmegen @ Goffert Park
Milan @ San Siro
Croatia / Serbia
Goteborg @ Ullevi ?

well I sure hope for something different, no need for the same show in the same places
at least for me

I think Allianz Arena is a soccer stadium, there has never been any concert. But I would not be surprise if they come to Munich. 2014 was the only European Tour without Munich since 1970.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-16 16:46 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: December 16, 2016 14:46

BV has updated the rumours page on the main site! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Let the fun and games begin!
Europe Tour 2017

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-16 14:47 by petewasbristol.

Date: December 16, 2016 15:06

Monsoon Ragoon

Vienna @ Donauinsel
Paris @ Stade De France
Barcelona @ Camp Nou
Nijmegen @ Goffert Park
Milan @ San Siro
Croatia / Serbia
Goteborg @ Ullevi ?

at least for me

I think Allianz Arena is a soccer stadium, there has never been any concert. But I would not be surprise if they come to Munich. 2014 was the only European Tour without Munich (since 1967).

Yes Munich would be great
Concert and then the Hoffbrau house

Nate smileys with beer

Date: December 16, 2016 15:09

Please not the Nou Camp on Friday 7th July any other date is good

Nate confused smiley

Date: December 16, 2016 15:51

Monsoon Ragoon
I think Allianz Arena is a soccer stadium, there has never been any concert. But I would not be surprise if they come to Munich. 2014 was the only European Tour without Munich (since 1967).

Good point. Might be Olympiastadion in Munich instead - quite huge one, but definitely there is potential for more than one show in Germany. Hockenheimring would be perfect due to its size and capacity but surely is not the best place to see a gig at.

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: December 16, 2016 16:04

A newspaper from Munich (Merkur) has a story about the Rockavaria Festival 2017 taking place for the 2nd time at the Olympiastadion.

Münchener Merkur - Rockavaria Festival 2017

The official announcement was set for Nov. but nothin has been confirmed. There are strong rumors that the Rolling Stones might headline the festival in June 2017.

Date: December 16, 2016 16:36

henrik87
A newspaper from Munich (Merkur) has a story about the Rockavaria Festival 2017 taking place for the 2nd time at the Olympiastadion.

The official announcement was set for Nov. but nothin has been confirmed. There are strong rumors that the Rolling Stones might headline the festival in June 2017.

I seriously doubt it as Rockavaria is smaller and more hard rock-metal oriented festival - after their losses last year (only Iron Maiden day got decent attendance) I doubt they could afford the Stones. They can easily do their own headlining gig at this venue.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: December 16, 2016 16:54

henrik87

Hey, the paper is quoting BV - with a link to iorr.org

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 16, 2016 17:35

henrik87

...a new album before june 2017? hot smiley

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 16, 2016 17:37

georgelicks
There are offers from not less than 10 countries and 15 cities, but the tour won't be a big one, 8-10 shows.
UK, Germany and France are the only countries 100% confirmed.

The new album (if they want to finish it) won't be out during the tour, after the success of B&L they will milk that one a bit more.

...so not before june/july 2017? sad smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 65

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1666
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home