Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Touring with a new album
Posted by: bianca ()
Date: August 25, 2005 00:18

I read recently that Keith was dissapointed that the last tour was done without a new album. He felt it ran the risk of making them a nostalgia act and I think he is 100% correct.

Lord knows they have a catalogue of songs to tour forever, but I think when you don't create new music you cease being true musicians and turn into a cover band.

This tour, so far, feels very different to me. Sure they have to crank out the old hits every night, but the 4 new tunes they play, and the new songs on the radio, remind us all that these guys ain't nearly finished.

Re: Touring with a new album
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: August 25, 2005 00:20

Lucky us in Europe... At then the album will be properly cemented.

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: August 25, 2005 00:28

Excellent point Bianca. Despite what they say, I think they lose focus a little bit when playing warhorses. It becomes more of a "show". Sometimes with new songs they're still able to push the song to a new level, witness Out of Control. The re-creation of a song live is what made the 69 tour so great - Midnight Rambler & SFTD, for instance. It appears that the new material puts a little more fire into their playing.

This is true too, I think, when they pull an old rare tune into the setlist.

Karl

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-25 00:32 by KSIE.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 25, 2005 00:37

Yes Bianca..The Stones work best when they have fresh meat to chew on...!!!!

ROCKMAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1595
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home