Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Touring with a new album
Posted by: bianca ()
Date: August 25, 2005 00:18

I read recently that Keith was dissapointed that the last tour was done without a new album. He felt it ran the risk of making them a nostalgia act and I think he is 100% correct.

Lord knows they have a catalogue of songs to tour forever, but I think when you don't create new music you cease being true musicians and turn into a cover band.

This tour, so far, feels very different to me. Sure they have to crank out the old hits every night, but the 4 new tunes they play, and the new songs on the radio, remind us all that these guys ain't nearly finished.

Re: Touring with a new album
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: August 25, 2005 00:20

Lucky us in Europe... At then the album will be properly cemented.

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: August 25, 2005 00:28

Excellent point Bianca. Despite what they say, I think they lose focus a little bit when playing warhorses. It becomes more of a "show". Sometimes with new songs they're still able to push the song to a new level, witness Out of Control. The re-creation of a song live is what made the 69 tour so great - Midnight Rambler & SFTD, for instance. It appears that the new material puts a little more fire into their playing.

This is true too, I think, when they pull an old rare tune into the setlist.

Karl

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-25 00:32 by KSIE.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 25, 2005 00:37

Yes Bianca..The Stones work best when they have fresh meat to chew on...!!!!

ROCKMAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1278
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home