Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor to reunite at Henley Festival 2016
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 5, 2016 23:55

Rollin92
It's was a part of the London election campaign last night, Boris asked Charlie. I didn't know Charlie is a huge Boris fan. Charlie was wearing a Boris t-shirt[/quote]

What channel was this on?[/quote]

Dream channel, but I am sure Charlie would love to play with them again.

[www.henley-festival.co.uk]

By the way, I don't see Bill Wyman to be there - when is he on-stage?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-06 00:00 by mtaylor.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 6, 2016 00:53

mtaylor
Rollin92
Bungo
mtaylor
Preferred to Coachella....smileys with beer

I have it on good authority from someone in the know that Wyman and Taylor will join the Stones at Coachella.

The existence of hell would have to be proved, then it will have to freeze over twice. Then and only then would Wyman play with the Stones again.
I heard the opposite, Charlie and Ronnie will join Bill and Mick T on stage. As Charlie mentioned on BBC last night: "God dammit, I miss my time with them, Bill and Mick. But then, the big circus gives me money to my horses, what do do!!". smileys with beer

Is this quote true, or is somebody pulling our collective leg?

Date: May 6, 2016 00:59

24FPS
mtaylor
Rollin92
Bungo
mtaylor

I have it on good authority from someone in the know that Wyman and Taylor will join the Stones at Coachella.

The existence of hell would have to be proved, then it will have to freeze over twice. Then and only then would Wyman play with the Stones again.
I heard the opposite, Charlie and Ronnie will join Bill and Mick T on stage. As Charlie mentioned on BBC last night: "God dammit, I miss my time with them, Bill and Mick. But then, the big circus gives me money to my horses, what do do!!". smileys with beer

Is this quote true, or is somebody pulling our collective leg?
Dream channel _ more important, will Bill be there?

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: May 6, 2016 01:03

Long overdue!

Posted by: Alchemy ()
Date: May 6, 2016 01:24

chriseganstar
Bill and Mick are playing with the Ben Waters Band. Tickets for the Henley Festival, of which this gig is a part, sold out ages ago.

Chriseganstar

Just checked the festival's website. If you click on the "Book Now" links, it will show you what the options are for that date.

Wednesday July 6th - sold out
Thursday July 7th - Elvis Costello / Jose Feliciano: available
Friday July 8th - Bryn Terfel & the WNO Orchestra (Floating stage) / Ben Waters with special guests (Live at the Top): available
Saturday July 9th - Blake with guest star Dame Shirley Bassey / Eliane Correa: available
Sunday July 10th - Will Young / Shakatak: available

This is just an overview of the acts playing on the Floating stage and Live @ the Top venue. For the music program there are 2 more stages every night.
GA ticket prices start from £ 35,-. Lawn tickets are in the £ 45 - £ 80 price range. Grandstand tickets are more expensive.

[uk.patronbase.com]

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 6, 2016 08:59

I know the lyrics to Time Waits for No One (hint, hint).

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 6, 2016 09:31

JJHMick

Anyway, it's better from him to play with Bill and Ben.

The Flowerpot Men?

(a. Showing my age, b. Couldn't help myself.)

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 20, 2016 00:58

Rollin92
From what I hear Bill's treatment is going well and he is looking forward to getting back on stage.

I also hear there are tentative discussions for a small show in London in October, to coincide with his 80th birthday and release of the documentary.

Can you give me more information about this?

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 20, 2016 01:01

Bungo
mtaylor

I don't think your source is correct, but I'll find out. It doesn't make sense. Thanks for the tip.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: May 20, 2016 01:45

roller99
Rollin92
From what I hear Bill's treatment is going well and he is looking forward to getting back on stage.

I also hear there are tentative discussions for a small show in London in October, to coincide with his 80th birthday and release of the documentary.

Can you give me more information about this?

All I've heard from someone who knows Bill's eldest daughter is that the documentary announced July 2015 is currently filming and will be released in time for his 80th birthday in October. Bills family have been interview for it, but no word if any of the Stones have.

There will likely be a RKs style show with special guests as an 80th birthday concert. Stones won't be involved as they will be in the USA.

UK Henley Festival July 6-10
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 28, 2016 06:55

Anyone planning on going?

It is likely that Mick Taylor will be performing.

Re: UK Henley Festival July 6-10
Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: May 28, 2016 12:49

if you're thinking of going, stonesrule, someone posted in a previous thread that it was sold out. Looking on the bright side, maybe you're one of the people who already has a ticket or more tickets have been issued.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 28, 2016 20:54

straycatuk
Have I read it right ? A black tie dress code ? thumbs down

sc uk

Well f**k that, all they're gettin' outa me is jeans, a Stones T-shirt, and a big effin' grin when they do my fave Chuck Berry tune !! Black tie dress code my rock n' roll @#$%&' ass !! grinning smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: May 28, 2016 21:18

Harlem Shuffler, very kind of you.

I'm not going...really don't like the big events.

But for all those who are thinking of going to Coachella, Henley sounds much better to me. Tickets are the big problem. But you can't beat an English
festival!

Date: May 28, 2016 21:21

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-28 21:22 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: May 29, 2016 10:04

Alchemy
chriseganstar
Bill and Mick are playing with the Ben Waters Band. Tickets for the Henley Festival, of which this gig is a part, sold out ages ago.

Chriseganstar

Just checked the festival's website. If you click on the "Book Now" links, it will show you what the options are for that date.

Wednesday July 6th - sold out
Thursday July 7th - Elvis Costello / Jose Feliciano: available
Friday July 8th - Bryn Terfel & the WNO Orchestra (Floating stage) / Ben Waters with special guests (Live at the Top): available
Saturday July 9th - Blake with guest star Dame Shirley Bassey / Eliane Correa: available
Sunday July 10th - Will Young / Shakatak: available

This is just an overview of the acts playing on the Floating stage and Live @ the Top venue. For the music program there are 2 more stages every night.
GA ticket prices start from £ 35,-. Lawn tickets are in the £ 45 - £ 80 price range. Grandstand tickets are more expensive.

[uk.patronbase.com]

Can someone who actually understands these various ticket options please explain what kind of ticket I need to buy to get to see MT & Ben Waters. Is 'Live at the Top' a stage ? And is covered by the £35 gen admission ticket, or do I need to get one of the Grandstand or Lawn tickets ? I can't understand this whole friggin' layout - because the little I do understand of it, it looks like they're not playing on the floating stage thing, hence I'm thinking that I don't need either a Grandstand or a Lawn seat ? Right or wrong ?

Date: May 29, 2016 18:29

Someone ? Anyone ? Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp !!

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: May 29, 2016 19:41

I wonder if Dhani Harrison was invited to perform?
His Mum still has a pad in the town... in fact many musicians live in the area.
The 'Henley Mafia".

Date: May 30, 2016 02:21

stonesrule

Yeah, was thinking of going.

Is it mandatory to wear black tie?

Date: May 30, 2016 12:31

mtaylor
stonesrule

Yeah, was thinking of going.

Is it mandatory to wear black tie ?

F***ing hope not !!

Date: May 30, 2016 20:51

So ....... got there in the end (my understanding of what's where n' how much it costs n' all that bollocks) ...

So - it's basically Ben Waters with Bill Wyman & Mick Taylor in a big red and white striped tent called Pizza express Live @ The Top, entry to which is a £35 GA type ticket - and you need a black tie ???

All sounds 'frightfully posh' and very 'Oxfordshire' to me ... wtf ?

[www.henley-festival.co.uk]

Date: May 30, 2016 21:43

Paulywaul, eager for your REPORT.

Date: May 30, 2016 22:13

stonesrule

Not sure if I'm going yet, waiting to hear from my co-conspirator ... we might just be going somewhere else on Friday 8th July ...

Date: May 31, 2016 09:19

paulywaul
stonesrule

Not sure if I'm going yet, waiting to hear from my co-conspirator ... we might just be going somewhere else on Friday 8th July ...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ... we WON'T be going to this farce in Henley, we'll be going to THIS instead !!

[www.musicglue.com]

hot smiley grinning smiley thumbs up cool smiley

So Henley ... you can stick your black ties and your champagne flutes and your posh frocks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up there where the sun don't shine, thank you very much !!

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: May 31, 2016 12:10

paulywaul
paulywaul
stonesrule

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ... we WON'T be going to this farce in Henley, we'll be going to THIS instead !!

[www.musicglue.com]

Well said, paulywaul. Who wants to dress up for rock 'n' roll/blues and be surrounded by upper class twits?

What I don't understand is why UCTs would want to see this kind of concert.

So Henley ... you can stick your black ties and your champagne flutes and your posh frocks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up there where the sun don't shine, thank you very much !!

Date: May 31, 2016 18:32

Harlem Shuffler
paulywaul
paulywaul
stonesrule

[www.musicglue.com]

Well said, paulywaul. Who wants to dress up for rock 'n' roll/blues and be surrounded by upper class twits?

Fankyew kindly HS, fankyew kindly. Exactly ... no-one (at least not anyone in their right mind) wants to be dressed up in silly black tie gear for a start, let alone being surrounded by similarly dressed upper class twits !

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: May 31, 2016 21:24

paulywaul
Harlem Shuffler
paulywaul
paulywaul
stonesrule

[www.musicglue.com]

Fankyew kindly HS, fankyew kindly. Exactly ... no-one (at least not anyone in their right mind) wants to be dressed up in silly black tie gear for a start, let alone being surrounded by similarly dressed upper class twits !

If i could just wear a black tie, socks (with sock suspenders of course) and my birthday suit i'd go, altho crowd surfing might be passed on..

Date: May 31, 2016 22:08

<<< If i could just wear a black tie, socks (with sock suspenders of course) and my birthday suit i'd go, altho crowd surfing might be passed on ... >>>

grinning smiley thumbs up hot smiley

Date: June 1, 2016 11:50

Black tie and like this

smileys with beer

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 1, 2016 15:35

chriseganstar
All I'll say is, ask yourselves when was the last time that Charlie, Ronnie, Bill and Mick T played on stage at the same time and what the common denominator is. Boogie for Stu. And guess who organised that.

Chriseganstar
did not know that Mick Taylor was at the Stu funeral and gig that they did in tribute for Stu ?

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2206
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home