Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT: Leicester City FC Congratulations
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 8, 2016 22:30

geordiestone
Yes Congratulations to Leicester City, a modern day miracle and also a huge well done to Leicester fan Mark Selby who for the second time became World Snooker champion just 15 minutes after Leicester secured the title via Chelsea. Selby must of been buzzing. If it had been me and Newcastle were winning the league at exactly the same time as i was potting my way to glory i'd of likely keeled over with joy and would still be there now!!!

Your team really ought to have won it 20 years ago Geordie. Keegan's biggest mistake was signing Asprilla, who while a great talent in himself, had to be accomodated into an already successful team, upsetting the balance of it. And as it is, it looks like you'll have a season down next year. The sooner Ashley clears off the better for you guys.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: May 9, 2016 05:32

Beast
RoughJusticeOnYa
Hairball
Deltics
Stoneage
Can anyone British born explain to me why Leicester is pronounced "lester"? Why jump a syllable?
Because it is.
Why is Arkansas pronounced Arkansaw when Kansas isn't pronounced Kansaw or vice-versa?

I sometimes wonder why the 'c' in Tucson (AZ) is silent...

and the middle 'c' in 'Connecticut'...

The pronunciation of Leicester, Gloucester etc. is barely weird compared to the likes of these surnames:

Cholmondeley (pronounced “Chumley”), Featherstonehaugh (“Fanshaw”), Marjoribanks (“Marchbanks”), Brougham (“Broom”), and Beauchamp (“Beecham”).

This all brings to mind the Monty Python sketch where a man called Raymond Luxury Yacht says his name is pronounced Throatwobbler Mangrove!
grinning smiley too funny.

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: May 9, 2016 18:35

grzegorz67
geordiestone
Yes Congratulations to Leicester City, a modern day miracle and also a huge well done to Leicester fan Mark Selby who for the second time became World Snooker champion just 15 minutes after Leicester secured the title via Chelsea. Selby must of been buzzing. If it had been me and Newcastle were winning the league at exactly the same time as i was potting my way to glory i'd of likely keeled over with joy and would still be there now!!!

Your team really ought to have won it 20 years ago Geordie. Keegan's biggest mistake was signing Asprilla, who while a great talent in himself, had to be accomodated into an already successful team, upsetting the balance of it. And as it is, it looks like you'll have a season down next year. The sooner Ashley clears off the better for you guys.
We can't get rid of him, he wont leave and until he does what hope have we got? None. PS; Tino Asprilla turning out for local non league team Blyth Spartans tonight.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1119
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home