Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 4 of 8
Re: Jerry Hall Magazine Covers, Children, etc...
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: June 3, 2018 04:45

Date: June 3, 2018 04:49

Karis and Watson on their wedding day, flanked by her parents, Mick and Marsha

image source photo

Here are a few pics of Mick Jagger with his daughter Karis at her 2000 wedding and in 2015 on a shopping trip with Karis and his grandbabies…

Shopping trip in 2015: Mick Jagger; Karis’ son, Zak (then 11); and Karis’ daughter, Mazie (then 13)…

Marsha Hunt

Date: June 3, 2018 04:51

Karis Jagger (right) with her half-sister, Jade Jagger, at Jade’s jewellery line launch.

Date: June 3, 2018 04:52

Mick Jagger (centre) and former wife Jerry Hall (to his right) with three of their children (from left) Gabriel Jagger, James Jagger and Georgia May Jagger.

Date: June 3, 2018 05:04

Mick Jagger Has Been Leaving Comments on His Son Lucas Jagger's Instagram

Date: June 3, 2018 05:18

Ao lado do pai, Lucas Jagger chega aos 18 anos
(Alongside his father, Lucas Jagger reaches 18 years)

Lucas Jagger posed with his brother - Luciana Gimenez presents her son Lucas Jagger at the launch of her collection. Raphael Castello photo

Fernanda Souza took her niece, Isabeli to prestige the collection of Lucas Jagger

Lucas Jagger launched his first collection of clothing this Saturday, May 27, 2017.

Luciana Gimenez honored her son Lucas Jagger.

Luciana Gimenez

Luciana Gimenez was married to Marcelo de Carvalho for 12 years which has ended.

Luciana Gimenez is recently separated from Marcelo de Carvalho after 12 years of marriage

Date: June 3, 2018 05:20

Luciana Gimenez

Date: June 3, 2018 05:24

Mick Jagger spent the summer with his children in 2016. Mick Jagger and children Lizzy, James and Lucas reunite.

In click with Lucas Jagger, leader of the Rollings Stones appears smiling next to some of the children and grandchildren. again," said the veteran Rolling Stones frontman on Monday.

In addition to Lucas, 18, the clique was Georgia (in white dress), 26, and James (of dark glasses), 32, both of the astro union with Jerry Hall ; Karis (of orange), of 47, of the relation with Marsha Hunt ; and Jade , 46, of the marriage with Bianca Jagger . In the image are present some of the grandsons of Mick, that is still father of Lizzy , of 34, and Gabriel , of 20, also with Jerry. The youngest of the star, Deveraux , 1 year, dating the ballerina Melanie Hamrick , appears in her mother's lap.

Date: June 3, 2018 05:38

Mick Jagger and Melanie Hamrick

His daughter Lizzy captioned a photo of her week-old sibling on Instagram: “My beautiful baby brother Deveraux Octavian Basil Jagger.”

Deveraux is 73-year-old Sir Mick’s eighth child and was born on December 8, 2016. The mum is US ballet dancer Melanie Hamrick, 29, who he met when he toured Japan with the Stones in 2014.

May 2017

Melanie Hamrick is a dancer with English Ballet Theatre.

Date: June 3, 2018 05:40

Lizzy Jagger, 32

The eldest daughter of Jagger and Jerry, Lizzy hit the big time when she first walked the Thierry Mugler and Vivienne Westwood catwalks aged 14. She went on to become the face of Lancôme, Burberry and Tommy Hilfiger, among others, and now pootles between New York and London.

Date: June 3, 2018 05:44

Date: June 3, 2018 05:47

Marianne Faithfull

Pamela de Barres

margaret trudeau

carla bruni

Date: June 3, 2018 05:54

Bill Wyman, his girlfriend Astrid Lundstrom and his son Stephen (wearing an Afghan Jacket) on their way to Sweden for a skiing holiday, 31st December 1970

Date: June 3, 2018 05:55

Date: June 3, 2018 06:09

Julian Mark Andrews (Born: Oct. 22, 1961)
Brian Jones certainly got around. In 1961 he fathered yet another child with yet another woman: girlfriend Pat Andrews. In a rare instance of support (however fleeting), Jones sold his record collection to buy clothes for the baby, born Julian Mark Andrews and named for jazz great Julian “Cannonball” Adderly. Jones even lived with mother and child for a little while before running off. In 2013, Pat said she's never received anything in child support from Jones or his estate outside of "a package full of baby things" and that Mark "doesn’t want to cash in on his dad’s fame." Her son, who goes by Mark, spoke to author Laura Jackson for her 1993 book about Jones, Golden Stone. At the time, Julian had just gotten married and was “working for a multinational corporation.”

Julian Brian Jones (Born: July 23, 1964)
As the Stones were starting their rise, Jones and teenage girlfriend Linda Lawrence had a son, Julian Brian (again named after Cannonball Adderly). Jones initially planned to live with Linda and Julian at her parents’ home, but when her folks found out that Brian had no plan to marry their daughter, they booted him out. Linda received a lump sum to help raise Julian. She later married folk-rocker Donovan and Julian changed his middle name from Brian to Leitch (Donovan’s last name). He has written music with Donovan and recorded as Julian Jones.

Paul Andrew Malloy/John Maynard (Born: March 24, 1965)
The fifth and last of Brian Jones' (known) children was born to on-again, off-again girlfriend Dawn Molloy in 1965. When Malloy told Jones and the Stones’ management she was pregnant, she was given payment by manager Andrew Loog Oldham and was ordered to not mention her pregnancy or relationship with Jones in the press. She gave birth to a boy named Paul Andrew, then put him up for adoption. Decades later, a man raised under the name John Maynard discovered that the anonymous “musician” listed on his birth certificate was the late Rolling Stone. He reconnected with both his mother and Bill Wyman, who was able to tell him stories about his biological father. As of 2013, Maynard, who has spoken publicly about the search for his parents, was a senior manager at a Ford plant in Britain and has a wife and three children.

Reunited: John with his mother Dawn and former Stones star Bill Wyman

The Rolling Stone's secret son breaks a 45-year silence to tell the astonishing story of how his quest to find his true identity ended in heartbreak - and why he is CERTAIN his rock star father was murdered.

The son and the Stone: John (left) in his teens, and his father Brian Jones (right) look remarkably similar

The black car always came on a Wednesday to take the newborn babies away from the home for unmarried mothers. Nobody would speak. People kept out of the way. Then, afterwards, you would hear the women's anguished cries.

Throughout the Sixties, Beechwood, a large Victorian house in Putney, South-West London, was a conveyor belt of human sadness.

In an upstairs room there were ten beds where young women, trembling with fear and guilt, would give birth and then say the goodbye that would tear them apart from their children.

'The Stones gave my mother £700 - and said she must never talk about me'

In March 1965, one of those women was 19-year-old Dawn Molloy. The budding model had been a regular at the Crawdaddy Club in Richmond-upon-Thames, the venue where the Rolling Stones started out in 1963.

And it was there that Dawn met Stones guitarist Brian Jones. Now she was at Beechwood, in a cold and silent bed, waiting for the black car to arrive...

When John Maynard finally saw his birth certificate, and in particular the details about his father, one word stood out. 'It just said musician - there was no name.'

John, a senior manager at the Ford plant in Dagenham, Essex, always knew he was adopted. 'My parents told me when I was young. They have always been very supportive - Mum and Dad have always been there for me.'

He knew that the couple kept a box of letters and documents relating to his birth, ready for him to open when he was 18, if he wanted to. But John was 29 when he finally looked inside.

'When you're adopted, there's what they call a primal wound and I didn't want to go there,' he says. 'I didn't want to open that box and open that wound.

'But when my wife and I had our first child, a daughter, something inside me changed. I stood there in the maternity suite watching this incredible bond develop between mother and daughter and I thought, "How on Earth could anyone ever give a child away?"

'I got books to read about him and looked at pictures to see the resemblance'

'So I called Mum and Dad and said, "OK, it's time for me to look at those papers." I saw that my real mother was called Dawn Molloy, and my original name was Paul Molloy, but there was nothing about my real father. There was no name on the birth certificate - it just said " musician". I never thought...'

Who would? There was nothing to suggest that this anonymous musician was the founder of the Rolling Stones, a fashion icon, a rebel who scared the Establishment with his appetite for drink and drugs, a man who was found dead in his swimming pool in July 1969, aged just 27.

So all John had was the desire to look for his 'flesh and blood'. He had no idea of the tragic and surreal story that was about to unfold, as he traced his journey from growing up with his adoptive family in Devon back to the mayhem of the Stones.

I first spoke to John a few years ago, not long after I started looking into circumstances surrounding Brian Jones's death. Although Jones and I are not related, I have long been intrigued by the enduring mystery of his untimely demise.

John's mother Dawn in 1965

According to Sussex Police, Brian drowned in his swimming pool during a late-night swim while under the influence of drink and drugs. But in The Mail on Sunday in 2008, I revealed that the police had neglected - possibly deliberately - crucial evidence that Jones died at the hands of Frank Thorogood, a builder-cum-minder who is now dead himself.

The evidence came from unseen police files held at the National Archives and from people who were at Jones's house that night.

John and I have been in touch quite a lot over the years by phone, email and text, so I had a good sense of his character. But until recently, he didn't feel ready to have his true identity known in public, so we had never met face-to-face.

The moment we did finally meet and I saw the striking resemblance between him and his father - the hair colour, the skin tone, the look in his eye - I went cold and realised just how raw and emotional his story really is. From Brian Jones's tragic end to John Maynard's tragic beginning, it still shapes his life today.

It's a strange world I live in,' he says. 'On one hand I've got a normal life - a good job, a beautiful wife and three great kids. On the other hand, I'm the son of Brian Jones, one of the most famous names in rock 'n' roll. He started the Rolling Stones. And wherever you hear a song such as Paint It Black on the radio, you think, "God, that sitar...that's Brian."

'Once I was flying back from Las Vegas. It was a beautiful night and I was looking down on the towns and cities, and I thought to myself, "All those people down there will have heard of the Rolling Stones. And my dad started that band." It's weird. Being Brian's son is the greatest thing that never happened to me.'

John's search for his birth parents began 16 years ago. He contacted an agency that helps people trace their birth mother but he stalled at the first stage.

'They wanted £1,500 and I couldn't afford that at the time. But years later, when we had our second child, our son, I again saw that bond between mother and baby. I had just made some money restoring an old Ford Mustang so I went back to the agency and said, "I'm ready."

'They came back with a telephone number for a Dawn Molloy, who was living in the United States. I called the number and said, "Hello, is that Dawn? It's Paul," and she said "I know." I said, "How do you know?" She replied, "Because I always knew you'd call one day." We started chatting. I told her that I was doing OK, that I was married with kids.

'Dawn told me she had married in 1965, not long after she had me - she and her husband are still together. They'd had a child who was born ten months after me, but that child died suddenly, aged four. Dawn thought she was being punished for what she had done to me.

'I asked, "Who is my father?" and Dawn said, "God, don't you know?" When I said I didn't, Dawn said, "He was really famous. It was Brian Jones from the Rolling Stones." '

Dawn became pregnant during a ten-month affair with the guitarist. But when Jones found out that Dawn was carrying his child, he dumped her.

'I went straight down to the library, getting books to read about him, looking at pictures to see the resemblance. The search for your birth parents is always painful and emotionally draining but for me it was twice as hard,' says John.

'Finding my real mother led straight to another emotional roller coaster - finding out my father was not only a world-famous rock star but that he was dead.'

It felt like a cruel game of snakes and ladders. John had found Dawn but lost Brian for ever. To feel close to his father, all he had were the official records and the memories of people who knew Brian.

'I went along to the adoption agency in Chelsea, where they kept the papers relating to my case,' John told me.

'The first thing they did was offer me counselling but I said, "No thanks, I'm fine." Then I saw a team of officials who asked, "Do you know who your father was?" I said, "Yes, I do. It was Brian Jones." They said, "OK. Good."

'I asked why they had asked me and they said, "Well, we had Roger Daltrey's daughter in here last week, and nobody had ever told her who her real father was." So with the children of famous people they were checking upfront that people knew before handing over the records.

'There were letters from Dawn to me that she thought had been passed on. She wrote a letter to the adoption agency on the day Brian died saying-"Please let Paul know - it's my utmost wish that he knows his father is now dead." But I didn't get them.'

Looking through the bundle of documents and photographs, John got his first glimpse of Brian and Dawn's time together. There are black and white photos of Dawn, wearing white trousers and a tight jumper, her large dark eyes looking straight at the camera lens - a mix of American beatnik and convent school prim, attesting to her Roman Catholic schooling in the Norfolk seaside town of Great Yarmouth.

In one colour photo, Dawn and another girl are with the Stones in an open-top car, parked in a leafy driveway. Dawn is at the back next to Brian, her head slightly bowed.

There are postcards, too, sent by Brian during the Stones' US tour in 1964. Writing from Chicago, he says: 'Dearest Dawn, I haven't forgotten you. I'm sorry I haven't written before now. America's the greatest country. We've been absolutely knocked out. Lots of love, Brian.'

John says: 'Brian found time to write to Dawn, so she must have meant something to him.' Through his conversations with his mother, John has found out more about Brian, the time he shared with Dawn and the reactions of her family and the band to the pregnancy.

'He said he wanted to marry Dawn - but that's what Brian said, and then he moved on to the next one.'

Dawn later explained to her son that she was 17 when she first met Brian in 1963. She and a friend would regularly watch the Stones at the Crawdaddy Club and became friendly with the band members.

'Before the start of one gig, Dawn saw Brian fussing over a white poodle,' says John. 'She took the puppy from him and their eyes met. Brian asked her to stand at the side of the stage during the show and afterwards they sat talking all night. Dawn said it was if they had known each other forever. They saw each other for about ten months before Dawn became pregnant.'

That discovery would spell the end of their relationship. John says: 'Dawn went to where the Rolling Stones were playing, I think in Blackpool in October 1964, when she was four months pregnant with me.

She said she was told that the Stones' manager had ruled Brian couldn't see her any more because it would be bad for the band. When Brian was told she was pregnant, he was out of there. The relationship was over. Dawn broke down in tears. Bill Wyman went and sat with her on the beach. He put his arm around her and just held her.'

Flicking through the bundle chronologically, you find the handwritten postcards are soon replaced by a new, chilling trail of typed, official-looking documents, including an adoption form listing the birth as 'illegitimate' and the father as 'Brian Jones, Guitarist (Musician)'. There are also letters marked 'Confidential' and 'Important', showing how Dawn was left to cope with her pregnancy alone in Sixties Britain.

Dawn's father had been a musician in the Band of the Grenadier Guards before becoming the manager of a block of flats in London's Belgravia, which is where she was living when she became pregnant. Her mother was a singer before she married, and Dawn's brother had followed his father into the Army.

'My mother was browbeaten and brainwashed by her family into giving me up,' John says. 'The letters she wrote while at the adoption centre just before I was given away show what she went through.

'It was impossible for young single women in the Sixties to keep a child. And the Stones' management drew up a contract to stop Dawn from talking to the Press or the public about me, Brian's illegitimate son. The Stones paid £700 for Dawn's silence.'

When Dawn handed her baby over, she made one simple request that linked her baby back to Brian Jones. The documents state: 'Dawn would like her baby to go to people who are musical or who appreciate music.' In the same adoption papers, Dawn defends Jones, pointing out that he had a 'grammar school education' and 'good manners'.

These papers resonate with the unbearable pain that Dawn went through in 1965 and, from talking to John, I sense that although he wouldn't wish that on anyone, especially his own mother, her deep sadness is somehow reassuring for him.

Today John and Dawn are close, even though she has lived in America since 1983. They speak on the phone every week and often send each other emails.

Dawn summed up her experience of meeting Brian through to the trauma of John being adopted in a brief email.

'I met Brian in the early Sixties. Parents and society did not support unmarried mothers back then. I was forced to relinquish my son - and it changed the course of my life for ever.'

John says: 'Dawn told me one of the most haunting things she experienced was when she was taking off from Heathrow to move to the United States in 1983. She flew over all these houses and was looking down thinking, "Paul's down there somewhere - and now I'm leaving the country." She felt like she was leaving me all over again.'

fter Dawn gave birth, she remained in contact with Bill Wyman. They still talk and email each other today. This connection gave John the chance to spend a day with the band's former bass player during one of Dawn's visits to London. John wanted to ask Bill all about Brian but ended up getting a much clearer picture of what life is like for a rock star.

'We were walking along the King's Road in Chelsea. People started to notice who he was - "Look, that's Bill Wyman" - and they came up taking photos and asking for autographs. When we were eating in a cafe, there were Japanese tourists taking pictures of Bill through the window.

'Bill and Dawn were chatting, reminiscing. I asked Bill about Brian but he didn't want to talk about him. He said, "Consider yourself lucky you're out of all this - that you had a normal life. You're best out of it." '

By now John was coming up against this wall of silence from all quarters, even from Brian's own family. 'I went to Brian's parents' house one day, because I wanted to meet them. I wanted to say hello. These are my grandparents, my flesh and blood. But they refused to acknowledge me.

'I think it's disgusting how the Jones family has responded to me. I'm not after any money - I'm doing all right. This is about who I am. Being acknowledged is a fundamental part of life. If you sit down at a bar, you expect to be served. If you leave a message for someone, you hope they call you back. To be ignored is an awful thing and that's what the Jones family is doing to me. That really hurts.'

And now that same silence has fallen on the police review of Brian Jones's death, which came as a result of the evidence I had gathered. John, for the first time in years, thought he was getting close to the answers he wants about what really happened to his father on July 2, 1969.

But at the end of last year, the police announced they would not be reopening the case or changing the official inquest verdict. John believes strongly that both the original investigation and the police review ignored conclusive evidence that shows Brian was murdered by Frank Thorogood.

'My father's death has never been properly looked into by the police. It's become the JFK of rock 'n' roll. But to me, it's flesh and blood - it's my dad - and I want a thorough, fair and open police investigation. I want the truth.

'I defy anyone to read the evidence and think my father drowned in his swimming pool. He didn't. Brian Jones was killed in a fight.'

John is the first family member to publicly criticise how the police have handled this case. 'I want to know exactly what this police review made of all the evidence that points towards Frank Thorogood killing my father.

Brian Jones
Tragedy: Was Brian murdered?

'I want to know why Sussex Police today are relying on witness statements that we now know were written by the police and not by the witnesses. And I want to know what role the Home Office played in making sure Thorogood walked away a free man, so drink and drugs could take the blame.'

Until the police are prepared to give him the answers to these vital questions, all John has is the 'memories' of the father he never met.
'I sail a lot and the other day I went to the Isle of Wight. Near Freshwater, I came across this statue of Jimi Hendrix,' he says.

'Hendrix was a big mate of my dad's. I've got a picture of the two of them together at the Monterey Pop Festival in California as my computer screensaver at work.

'Pete Townshend from The Who wrote a song about my dad. David Bowie says Brian Jones was one of his main idols. Everywhere you go you hear the Stones...it haunts me.

'I remember once going to see the Stones and I had to pay at the door - how strange that felt. I wasn't after a free lunch but my father started the band for God's sake and I had to pay!

'I met some people last summer and was invited on to their boat.

'It turned out they were the biggest Stones fans, so I had to listen to Paint It Black and Sympathy For The Devil and so on, while they jigged around and talked about the Stones. I didn't say a word. What's the point? It's almost as if I'm silenced too.'

I wondered what John would do if his father were here today.

'First, I'd probably hit him for what he did to Dawn. Then I'd brush him down and ask him if he wanted a coffee. I'd like to chat with him. To get to know him and for him to get to know me. He'd like me, I know he would. I'd want him to be proud of me. To be honest, I'd just want him to be my dad.'

Date: June 3, 2018 06:17

Brian Jones Son Julian

Date: June 3, 2018 06:19

Date: June 3, 2018 06:21

The guitarist had his first child Jesse, 39, with first wife Krissy, who
passed away in 2005.

Date: June 3, 2018 06:25

It's all over now with my girl from Brazil, says Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood 2011.

A friend explained Miss Araujo’s desire to be in the spotlight had ‘frustrated’ Wood, adding: ‘She would try and drag him along to the opening of an envelope.’

Wood began dating the 32-year-old in January 2010, a month after his relationship with cocktail waitress Ekaterina Ivanova ended.

Ex-girlfriend: The former Rolling Stone with cocktail waitress Ekaterina Ivanova who he met at a seedy London nightclub in 2008

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-03 06:27 by exilestones.

Date: June 4, 2018 05:03

'Every Journey Began In Africa' Party For The Exhibition 'Africa Rising'
And The Discovery Of The Collaboration Between Edun And Louis Vuitton

Alexandra Richards (Daughter of Keith Richards), Yves Carcelle
(Pdt of Louis Vuitton) at 'Every Journey Began In Africa' Party For
The Exhibition 'Africa Rising' And The Discovery Of The Collaboration
Between Edun And Louis Vuitton.

photos by Bertrand Rindoff Petroff 2010

Date: June 4, 2018 05:05

Versace Party At 'Cantine Du Faubourg' 2002

Date: June 4, 2018 05:11

Giambattista Valli: Front Row - Paris Fashion Week Womenswear Spring / Summer 2013
PARIS, FRANCE - OCTOBER 01: Daniel de la Falaise and Alexandra Richards attend the Giambattista Valli Spring / Summer 2013 show as part of Paris Fashion Week on October 1, 2012 in Paris, France.

photo by Bertrand Rindoff Petroff

Date: June 5, 2018 17:58

Date: June 5, 2018 18:00

Mick Jagger And Jerry Hall Wedding

Hall started dating Mick Jagger in 1977. They held an unofficial, private, marriage-like ceremony on November 21, 1990, in Bali, Indonesia.[17] The putative marriage was later declared invalid (i.e., void ab initio) by the High Court of England and Wales in London in 1999.[18][19] They have four children together: Elizabeth Scarlett (born 1984), James Leroy (born 1985), Georgia May (born 1992), and Gabriel Luke (born 1997). The couple lived together at Downe House, Richmond Hill, in Greater London, which Jagger purchased in the early 1990s. They split up in 1999. Hall cited Jagger's infidelity as the cause of the break-up.

Date: June 5, 2018 18:02

MICK JAGGER JERRY HALL F1 GP PORTUGAL ESTORIL F1 GP PORTUGAL ESTORIL 24 September 1995

Date: June 8, 2018 16:08

A Family Tree With Way Too Many Tangled Branches!

If Rolling Stone Bill Wyman, 56, and ex-wife Mandy Smith, 22,
decide to reconcile, genealogists could celebrate. Here’s why: Wyman’s 30-
year-old son, Stephen, just announced his engagement to Patsy Smith, 46, who is
none other than Mandy’s mother!

If both romantic partnerships succeed, Bill Wyman would become his son’s son-
in-law, because he would be married to his son’s stepdaughter. Mandy Smith
would become Stephen Wyman’s mother because she would be his father’s wife. By
virtue of his marriage to Mandy’s mother, then Stephen Wyman would be both
Mandy’s son and father. Likewise, Patsy Smith would be Mandy’s daughter as well
as her mother.

Of course, things get real interesting if both couples decide to have children.

If Patsy Smith has a son, the child would be Bill Wyman’s brother-in-law and
Stephen Wyman’s uncle because he would be the brother of this stepmother,
Mandy Smith. If Mandy has a son, the child would be Stephen Wyman’s brother as
well as his grandchild because the baby would be the son of his daughter.

It then follows that Patsy Smith would be her husband’s grandmother because she
was his mother’s mother. Stephen Wyman would be both his wife’s husband and
grandchild. And since the husband of a person’s grandmother is his grandfather,
Stephen Wyman would be his own grandfather!

Bill's scandalous relationship with Mandy Smith was caused outrage
as the two started dating when Smith was only 13 years old, while Wyman was a
47 year old father of one. Even though the two of them married after Smith
turned 18, their family’s relationships became even more messed up. While Smith
and Wyman were still married, Bill’s son from his first marriage, Stephen Paul
Wyman, got romantically involved with… his stepmother’s mom! Stephen was 31
years old when he married his dad’s mother-in-law, Patsy Smith, who was 49 at
the time.

Date: June 8, 2018 16:14

Mandy Smith, from rock chick to mother hen, 20 years after her marriage to Bill Wyman
By SIMON CABLE FOR MAILONLINE
10 May 2009

As a teenager she led the ultimate rock 'n' roll lifestyle married to a Rolling Stone.
But these days Mandy Smith's musical involvement extends only to carrying her son's cello on the school run.
And her bespectacled new look makes her look more secretary than rock chick.
It is 20 years since Miss Smith's infamous marriage to Bill Wyman, when she was 18 and he was 52.

Red-haired roadie: Mandy Smith carries her son's cello on the school run.

She has settled in Manchester following the collapse of her second marriage to model Ian Mosby in 2002.

Now red-haired, she bears little resemblance to the blonde who wed Wyman in a glamorous ceremony attended by Mick Jagger, Jerry Hall and Keith Richards in June 1989.

That too failed to take off after she developed a mystery wasting illness during her marriage to Wyman which saw her weight plummet to just five and a half stone.

A year after her divorce from the Stones bassist, she married footballer Pat Van Den Hauwe, ten years her senior. The couple split after two years before finally divorcing in 1997 with Miss Smith claiming she felt suicidal.

She then moved to her mother Patsy's home in North London before meeting Mosby, a Vanity Fair model, in 2000 in a London bar.

The pair were engaged six months later and shortly afterwards she gave birth to their son Max. The relationship ended a year later.

She has since attempted a career as a make-up artist and is training to be a counsellor.

In the past Miss Smith has often blamed her turbulent love life on her marriage to Wyman.

'All my life I've been with manipulative, controlling men,' she once said.

'I believed I was never good enough, never worthy of a loving relationship.'

Date: June 8, 2018 16:16

Father's little helper

10. Karis Jagger
Who? Mick's first daughter, born in 1970. A sometime actress and film producer.
Why rock? Karis was born into the apex of Stones madness. Mick had broken up with Marianne Faithfull, had yet to marry Bianca Jagger, and fitted in a relationship with the beautiful star of Hair, Marsha Hunt. Karis also marked the emergence of a familiar Jagger riff - the long-running paternity suit. It was 1979 before an LA court granted Hunt a settlement.
Like father? In fact, no - a bit more like mum. Hunt was once a Berkeley student, Karis, meanwhile, graduated Yale. While still in her early 20s she produced her mother's one-woman show at the Edinburgh Festival, and later appeared in the Wesley Snipes movie One Night Stand. She's also married.

9. Julian Jones
Who? One of the many offspring of deceased Stones founder Brian Jones. Born 1964.
Why rock? Julian's famous associations run not just to one famous 1960s musician, but two - after Brian died in 1969, Julian's mum Julia Lawrence married the folk musician Donovan. On a rather less happy level Julian bears testimony to Brian's rather offhand way with his personal relationships. He is, for example, the second of Jones' sons to be called Julian. He is preceded by Julian Mark, born to Pat Andrews in 1961.
Like father? He has, he says, "music in the blood, and in his heart". Rather more helpfully, he's also got some on his website.

Sign up for the Sleeve Notes email: music news, bold reviews and unexpected extras
Read more
8. Marlon Richards
Who? First born to Riff, and his then girlfriend, Anita Pallenberg, in 1969.
Why rock? As well as having a marked resemblance to his dad, Marlon is the new generation of rock royalty - a bit art, a bit fashion, a bit hanging out with Chloe Sevigny - in a nutshell. Of an artistic bent (he's art director of hip anti-fashion mag Cheap Date and has shown work at London's Zoltar The Magnificent), Marlon is now a pretty settled sort of a guy. Once an escort to "unsettled" Tatum O'Neal, he's now married to model Lucie de la Falaise, and has two children, to whom Liv Tyler is godmother.
Like father? Evidently a bit more than he is his mum. He once described her life as "embarrassing".

7. Dandelion Richards
Who? To Riff and Anita Pallenberg, in 1972, a daughter.
Why rock? Though she grew up outside the walls of rock royalty (Dandelion was brought up by Keith's mum Doris), Keith's second child is rock through and through. For a start, Dandelion is the name of the Jagger-Richards composition on the B-side of 1967's We Love You. Her "real" name, Angela, lent itself to another one, Angie, which when she married in 1998 was the tune to which she walked - perhaps inappropriately, given the tone of the song - down the aisle.
Like father? Not really. A teetotaller, she married her carpenter boyfriend Dominic Jennings, and professed an interest in keeping her job as a stable girl. She lives in Dartford.

Advertisement

6. Stephen Wyman
Who? Bill's son, from his marriage to first wife Diane McCollum.
Why rock? For helping to create a pretty interesting scene - he was banned from his own father's wedding. Though in 1989 media attention was mainly focused on Bill's courtship of bride-to-be Mandy Smith, Stephen endured the wrath of his father by becoming involved with, and later marrying, Smith's 46-year-old mother Patsy. This subsequently ensured he was not on the list for the bassist's 1993 marriage to Suzanne Accosta.
Like father? In many important ways, no. In fact, you might say they're a classic example of the generation gap. SERAPHINA WATTS 5. Seraphina Watts
Who? The daughter of Charlie Watts and his wife of nearly 40 years, Shirley. Born 1968.
Why rock? Seraphina came to exemplify some of the problems that can occur if you're the offspring of a tax-exiled millionaire rock star, albeit part of a stable family. For years accustomed to living abroad, when the jazz-loving Stone returned to Britain, Seraphina attended Millfield School in Somerset, from which she was expelled, for smoking cannabis.
Like father? In terms of marriage, at any rate, not much. She recently divorced her husband, with whom she lived on the idyllic island of Bermuda. The island was, she declared quite brilliantly, "boring".

4. Theodora And Alexandra Richards
Who? The next generation of Keith's daughters, born to King Unhealth and new partner, the 1980s model Patti Hansen. Slightly unfairly put together as a double act, they're 17 and 18.
Why rock? The distance between high fashion and rock music has narrowed a lot. The Rolling Stones have a fashion merchandise label Fashion And Licks, as designed by Agent Provocateur. Now the fashion industry is closing the gap from the other direction - the protegees of agent Bryan Bantry, Theodora and Alexandra have modelled for New York label Chanpaul and in a Tommy Hilfiger campaign.
Like father? Like mother. Riff doesn't moisturise.

3. Jade Jagger
Who? The child of Mick and his first wife, Bianca. Born 1972.
Why rock? She's done everything you need to do to rock in the grand Stones manner, except play an instrument. Expelled from school. Outraged Dad. Paparazzi photographs. Kiss and tell stories (Neptunes producer Pharrell Williams professed himself "unable to keep up with her"). Most impressively, for the last three years there have been noise complaints against her at her London flat after rowdy Christmas parties. If she gets too many more warnings, she risks arrest.
Like father? Never mind mum or dad. If she doesn't watch her step she'll be more like Winona Ryder.

2. Elizabeth Scarlett Jagger
Who? First born to Mick and Jerry Hall, now 18.
Why rock? There have been modelling assignments, of course (though dad thinks them "silly"), but Elizabeth rocks on regardless. She thinks her dad's clothes are an embarrassment, is the face of Lancôme's LCM range, has sung back-up vocals on Mick's last album. Most impressive, though, is that she had a funny appearance in hipster movie Igby Goes Down. In interviews she appears poised and ever so slightly snippy - a classic Jagger characteristic.
Like father? Yes. Elizabeth is the embodiment of Jagger's most classy aspirations.

1. Lucas Maurice Morad Jagger
Who? Lucas is the four-year-old child of Jagger and Brazilian model Luciana Morad.
Why rock? Although he's still of tender years, Esquire magazine predicts a memoir by age 20. He was born to a beautiful mother, and he has cost Mick Jagger a large, undisclosed sum of money, 1 twice. Once in a paternity suit, and then again - apparently Jerry Hall could not sanction the idea that Jagger's affair with Morad had just been a fling, and it is held to have been the final straw for the couple. A handsome payout followed the split.
Like father? Certainly not - apparently, he behaves like a small child.

Bubbling under
The Stones kids who did not quite make the top 10

1. Leah Wood
Ron's daughter is an elfin beauty, for sure. But a couple of modelling jobs and being in a Westlife video do not yet a legend of rock make.

2. Jesse Wood
Has helped out on Dad's solo album, but Jesse is concentrating more on being a dad... Kate Moss? Of course he's gone out with Kate Moss.

3. Georgia Jagger
Only 10, but showing great promise already - like Elizabeth, she sang back-up vocals on the track Brand New Set Of Rules for Mick's last album.

4. James Jagger
Seventeen-year-old James recently held a party where he put speakers on the roof of his parents' home, and is reportedly dating Alexandra Richards.

5. Gabriel Jagger
Almost made it on stage with his dad once, apparently, but got a bit scared and didn't make it. Maybe next time.

Date: June 8, 2018 16:18

Bill Wyman spent almost three decades as the Rolling Stones' bassist before leaving the group in the early '90s, playing on their most celebrated albums and songs. Suffice to say that he never generated as many headlines for his mastery of the bass as he did when the 52-year-old Wyman married 18-year old Mandy Smith on June 2, 1989.

'It was kept from the press and strangers, of course," Smith said in a 2010 interview. "For the first couple of years, I had to lie. If we were out in a club, I'd have to say I was doing a secretarial course. When it actually came out, I was 16, so I suppose it wasn't as bad. Although it was still bad. All hell broke loose."

It was reportedly at London's Lyceum Ballroom where Wyman first laid eyes on Smith. She was 13 years old at the time; Wyman was 47. Wyman said that Smith made him feel as though he had been "whacked over the head with a hammer." He helped her find work as a professional model, and the pair began spending more time together, which led to dating. Despite the obvious age difference and Wyman's reputation as being a serial womanizer, Smith's mother reportedly supported the relationship.

The couple kept its relationship a secret for two-and-a-half years before making it official in a civil ceremony, then going on Terry Wogan's television show shortly afterward. It was Wyman's second marriage. His first, to Diane Cory, ended in 1969 after 10 years together.

Not long after the wedding, the wheels started coming off the marriage. Smith's mother reportedly joined the newlyweds on their honeymoon, and the scrutiny cast upon the couple took its toll. They separated in 1991, and the divorce was finalized two years later, with Smith receiving a £580,000 payout.

For his part, Wyman defended his relationship with Smith, stating, "It was very emotional and special at the time. It wasn’t how it was reported to be and it was the only time it ever happened in my life. A lot of people understood, but a lot didn’t, and the media certainly didn’t. They treated me like crap."

Wyman's current spouse, Suzanne Accosta, and their three children are understandably not fond of bringing up Wyman's marriage to Smith. But the spotlight was cast upon the unlikely couple again in March 2013 after Smith claimed that she and Wyman had sex when she was 14 years old. Her sister responded by calling for the former Stone to be prosecuted. Wyman reportedly approached police over the claims that he had sex with a minor, but was told police were not interested in speaking with him.

"I went to the police and I went to the public prosecutor and said, 'Do you want to talk to me? Do you want to meet up with me, or anything like that?' and I got a message back, 'No,'" Wyman said. "I was totally open about it."

Wyman returned to the stage in London in November 2012 to perform with the band. He also vowed that such a reunion would not happen again, voicing his disappointment regarding his limited stage time with the group during the aforementioned London show.

In a 2010 interview with the Daily Mail, Smith shared that she was born again in 2005, claiming her rediscovery of religion played a part in saving her life. "God is the only man in my life now," Smith said.

Perhaps not surprisingly, Wyman and Smith are no longer in contact with each other. But just prior to the couple being divorced in 1993, things between the Wyman and Smith families took a bit of a left turn when Wyman's oldest son Stephen announced his engagement to Mandy Smith's mother, Patsy. That couple's marriage reportedly lasted two years, until their divorce in 1995.

Date: June 8, 2018 16:19

Bill Wyman and his wife Suzanne arrive at the UK film premiere of 'Sleuth'
at the Odeon West End on November 18, 2007 in London, England.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 4 of 8

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2140
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home