Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Why does Mick Jagger prevent the Stones from jamming on songs in concert?
Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: April 5, 2016 10:50

I basically agree, many times I have seen Jagger give signals to speed songs up/and or end them when things are just getting going. It seems they have 19 songs and Mick wants to get through them as fast as possible. Occasionally Keith shrugs him off and keeps going, especially towards the end of the show on Brown Sugar. I have seen Mick try to wrap that one up and Keith just keeps going and then Mick has to regroup; pretty funny actually!!!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: April 5, 2016 17:40

georgeV
I basically agree, many times I have seen Jagger give signals to speed songs up/and or end them when things are just getting going. It seems they have 19 songs and Mick wants to get through them as fast as possible. Occasionally Keith shrugs him off and keeps going, especially towards the end of the show on Brown Sugar. I have seen Mick try to wrap that one up and Keith just keeps going and then Mick has to regroup; pretty funny actually!!!

That's the problem with having a dedicated lead singer whose theatrics have robbed the band of its music. Don't get me wrong, I always loved his prancing and zumba act myself, but I never realized that his act required the other musicians to make such hefty compromises to their musical talents and abilities to fulfill his.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-05 19:20 by The Sicilian.

Posted by: carllages ()
Date: April 5, 2016 19:15

The shows have been a bit boring since they cut Charlie's drum solo.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 5, 2016 20:48

The Sicilian

That's the problem with having a dedicated lead singer whose theatrics have robbed the band of its music. Don't get me wrong, I always loved his prancing and zumba act myself, but I never realized that his act required the other musicians to make such hefty compromises to their musical talents and abilities to fulfill his.

i see people say some weird shit on here sometimes-mick jaggers stage act has robbed the band of it's music?
his stage act requires the other musicians to make a hefty compromise to their musical talents and abilities to fulfill his? DUDE...REALLY?

i'm gonna break it down for you-

1.there is a school of thought that says long drawn out jamming is boring
2.that jam bands suck
3.and as i told you Keith Richards is one of the people who believe this

from personal experience i can tell you he's absolutely correct-
i was seeing this hippie girl and i'm telling you the chick was beautiful,and the nicest person too.she kept bothering me "you have to go see the Dead with me,you have to go.you'll love it i promise"

now if she had said cliffdiving,parachuting,alligator hunting,that thing those indian guys do where they piss off the cobra,anything -i was there.

but i'm telling you, and i respect other peoples musical opinions but the grateful dead were not a good band.this jamming on and on is the most boring thing i've ever heard.Garcia seemed like a pretty good guitar player but it just mindlessly rambled on and on.
if i would have taken some acid it may have been better but i swear an hour into it i would have taken cyanide.
finally at about the hr1:20 mark i couldnt take it anymore and it pained me to say it but_"can we go now"

luckily she just said "yeah,sometimes you just have to be in the mood for it"

anyway stones fans were never the hippie types anyway,there were hippies who like the stones but it's not really the same crowd and it wasnt 30 or 40 years ago either.
the rolling stones crowd go to bathroom and get a beer during keiths set,i think the hall would be pretty empty after a 25 minute jam on Gomper.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: April 5, 2016 21:03

Jerry Garcia — 'We're like licorice. Not everybody likes licorice, but the people who like licorice really like licorice.

I love the Stones and the Dead. And am thankful on a daily basis their music is out there for me to enjoy.,

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 5, 2016 23:17

Gaetzi
Jerry Garcia — 'We're like licorice. Not everybody likes licorice, but the people who like licorice really like licorice.

I love the Stones and the Dead. And am thankful on a daily basis their music is out there for me to enjoy.,

Hope you jump on the July '78 Grateful Dead box set coming out in May!! Only 5 shows but 3 three have never been released as SBD's, and the other two are the Red Rocks shows!! smiling bouncing smiley

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2171
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home