Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
sell-out of a legend
Posted by: caesar ()
Date: August 22, 2005 19:54

All the people seem to be quite happy about the Stones Tour start yesterday.
I am very sad.
Sad that they still sell the old legend of a band meeting in one of the member's houses like they did for recording "Exile" some thirty-three years ago.
It's not true. They don't like each other for years. They do not talk to each other for ages.
It's not for music. It's for money. They can make the most cash in keeping it alive. The legend. They tried solo but it didn't work. Why did they try solo? Guess!

Ticket prices up to $ 400 are far more than a hundred times they're worth.
They rip you off.
All of you.
I've been a Rolling Stones fan for about twenty four years. Many of you are fans for a longer time.
Do you really believe Mick and Keith do sit an sofas facing each other with acousric guitars, writing songs together?
They have their own authors for that. They give a shit about their art.
It's all for greed.
I am very sad.

Regards from Germany,
Caesar

"All sold out, I've never seen a greed like that..."

Re: sell-out of a legend
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: August 22, 2005 19:55

I wont argue with you Ceasar - but this give me the ool´ déja vù...

Re: a legend
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 22, 2005 20:13

... never mind. :E

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-22 20:54 by with sssoul.

Posted by: sladog ()
Date: August 22, 2005 20:14

Wow! You must really know them well to know they hate each other, have not talked for ages and exactly how they write songs!!

I guess when reporters report on them laughing, talking and getting along they are just part of this huge conspiracy, huh?

Posted by: wild_horse_pete ()
Date: August 22, 2005 20:17

Ceasar on wich concert can we see you next year?
Hope tp meet you and talk about all the ins and outs about the stones, you know allot man.

Posted by: Ged Rambler ()
Date: August 22, 2005 20:29

Moan,moan,moan - whine,whine,whine - if ya don't like it,don't bother going & if you think ticket prices should be less than $4,you've clearly lost you're mind.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: August 22, 2005 20:39

The same, old, boring, meanless, unsupported nagging against the Stones...

Have you something new to say Caesar?

"Sad that they still sell the old legend"...Oh, what a conclusion! Have you ever wondered why this egend is still "selling"? Have you noticed that they present some new great songs? Does the "old legend" includes the songs of 1994 or 1997 they played last night?

"It's not for music. It's for money"...Oh, tell me, J. Hendrix who take $18,000
in 1969 to play at Woodstock and Dylan who take more before White Isl. Festival were "for the music or for the money"? Rock 'n roll always was music and music industry. Passion and business. Together! Since 1955. The Stones have the higher ticket prices (in some cases annoying high, i have to admit) just because is still the best live act in the world, like it or not. If you didn't noticed, the first complaints about the ticket prices of the Stones came in this earth in 1969! That's what the Stones played at the Altamont.

"They don't like each other for years"... Oh, inspector Holms speaking...

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: August 22, 2005 20:58

Well ceasar is right. Idont elive journalists who would kill their mum just to talk to Keith. Its business. I havent seen any threads onb this board actually discussing this seriously at all.

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: August 22, 2005 21:22

Hey stickydion
This is exact. Ticket price is too expensive. There are many people who cannot go the show because the price is high. You think the rolling stones are the best and it's normal tickets are expensive. You pay the same price for a gig at the Olympia in paris (2500 people) than the stade de France, always in Paris (80 000 people) and for some seats, it's more expensive in the stadium than in the club. In the stadium you have a bad sound if you are not in the crowd and a little vision in your seat is in the clouds.
You know, jagger is a manager, a financial. How to win money is important for him.
Keith doesn't konw the value of the money. His mother paid him all he wanted and after he has been rich very soon and had always been rich. This is his life, I'm not a jealous guy. He lives in own world. They live in their own world, their rich world and they need money to do it. Well all theses sentences to say that tickets prices could be cheaper.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: August 22, 2005 21:26

caesar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All the people seem to be quite happy about the
> Stones Tour start yesterday.
> I am very sad.
> Sad that they still sell the old legend of a band
> meeting in one of the member's houses like they
> did for recording "Exile" some thirty-three years
> ago.
> It's not true. They don't like each other for
> years. They do not talk to each other for ages.
> It's not for music. It's for money. They can make
> the most cash in keeping it alive. The legend.
> They tried solo but it didn't work. Why did they
> try solo? Guess!
>
> Ticket prices up to $ 400 are far more than a
> hundred times they're worth.
> They rip you off.
> All of you.
> I've been a Rolling Stones fan for about twenty
> four years. Many of you are fans for a longer
> time.
> Do you really believe Mick and Keith do sit an
> sofas facing each other with acousric guitars,
> writing songs together?
> They have their own authors for that. They give a
> shit about their art.
> It's all for greed.
> I am very sad.
>
> Regards from Germany,
> Caesar
>
> "All sold out, I've never seen a greed like
> that..."

They do it for the money? Why the hell would they need money? They've got enough to live a life of luxury for atleast a thousand years. They're incredibly rich and it would be foolish to go on if that was the only reason.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: August 22, 2005 21:29

Brutus was right...

Posted by: R ()
Date: August 22, 2005 21:36

If the shows are sellouts, or near sellouts, then the tickets are not too expensive. Sorry.

Date: August 22, 2005 21:40

caesar
what i sad story
i almost cry

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: August 22, 2005 21:50

You're not right R.
when people really want to see a rolling stones concert they have no other choice to pay the price the stones want. I they are no money for albums, they have the possibility to copy the records. You can copy a CD but capture the real atmosphere of a concert and they know that.

Date: August 22, 2005 21:53

1999 was the first year i started paying more for Stones tickets
than the drugs i took to the show

lol

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 22, 2005 22:54

TooTough Wrote:
> Brutus was right...
>
>

Infamy, infamy, theyve all got it infamy!

Posted by: NYCSTONESFREAK ()
Date: August 23, 2005 00:16

Who cares about motive

I wish page and Plant got together and tried to do something in Zep mode

Stones only one of legendary bands willing to put image on the line

They could have just stopped and lived off past.

And not taken the chance of making new material.

They did not......

Of cause its part greed

but its also a gamble a big gamble

rare in live can you go back and hear old music by legends and relive
old songs ans moments

when statisfaction is played WOW.

You can't hear SGT Peppers anymore or many other legendary groups

But you can still for a moment live in the glorious past

Be thankful

Posted by: R ()
Date: August 23, 2005 00:59

"You're not right R.
when people really want to see a rolling stones concert they have no other choice to pay the price the stones want."

I am right. If they pay the price and the shows sell out, or nearly sell out, then the price is fair. The sellout, or near sellout crowd, obviously thought so.

Posted by: salar ()
Date: August 23, 2005 16:26

TooTough Wrote:
> Brutus was right...

No, he isn`t.
Oh no, not that same old bashing stuff again...just the same old story of old farted cynical guys who do not care about their fans and rip them off..
the same old story of egozentric old man..who do not even talk to each other.

See u on the BB tour
sellach

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 23, 2005 18:33

Ged Rambler Wrote:
> Moan,moan,moan - whine,whine,whine - if ya don't
> like it,don't bother going & if you think
> ticket prices should be less than $4,you've
> clearly lost you're mind.

grinning smiley
Agree. Who really gives a flying fukc

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: caesar ()
Date: August 23, 2005 21:36

Thanks for the response.
With all the celebrating it's something different to talk about critical items I think.

Quote "...if you think ticket prices should be less than $4,you've clearly lost you're mind."

You're right, but prices from $ 40 to 80 would be fair.

Quote "...you know allot man"

And you believe a lot.

Quote "...They've got enough to live a life of luxury for atleast a thousand years."

Another reason why that should please their fans with lower ticket prices.

After all I still like them. I will pay the price to see them one time next year. But it's not blasphemous to criticize them.

Take care,

Caesar

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: August 23, 2005 22:07

que hubo, porque siempre te fijas al lado negativo???

Its worth to just enjoy it, nobody's perfect, and while your a fanatic of their music you shouldn't care that much on art or financial matters maybe...

regards, saludos

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 23, 2005 22:14

If they hate each other so much, why do Mick and keith spend months together in Mick's home in France to record a new album, then one year on tour together, when Keith would be better of in a warm place or CT, and Mick jetting around anywhere? I think they like it, and I think they are pretty good working mates still.

Bjornulf

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: August 24, 2005 01:03

Hey caesar you are a 100% right, don't let some idiots on this board knock you down, at one time the stones were the World greatest rock and roll band, now they are a joke, old men trying to act young, who have no creativity left, and who are robbing their fans blind.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: August 24, 2005 01:31

The money is obscene the Stones are asking, but people are willing to pay and have a great time seeing this incredible band. They took a big risk with these prices, but Sunday they delivered the goods. Sorry to hear you are so bitter Caesar, but they remain a viable force on that stage. Sunday was no lie, they got it done in a big way. The best aspect of the concert was the new material. It was sooo great to here these new songs. The new album is going to be a good one for us fans.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: August 24, 2005 04:37

half of what caesar says is his opinion and I can not deny that. I might not agree but WTF.
But the oter half is plain old fabrication. Now that is what many here haver a problem with. They have autohors who write the songs for them???
Man I am glad we haven't gone down the A'smith road yet and brought Desmond Childs in. Desmond - the machine, spewer of AOR Hits, desecrater of Rock, Horsefly in my Milk and Cookies...

Posted by: Josh2131 ()
Date: August 24, 2005 04:45

About Aerosmith...

Desmond Child isn't the one running Aerosmith.

It's Marty Friedrickson (can't spell his name, but he co-wrote songs on all albums from Nine Lives on).

They started "Honkin' On Bobo" with a different producer, but brought Marty in make it work.

Marty does A LOT for the band, musically. I don't plan on spilling all my guts, but just wanted to let you know who was keeping them alive.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: August 24, 2005 04:49

Sorry Josh. I sort of quit paying attention to them after "Pump" At that point it was definetly DC. he cowrote "Elevator" and "What it Takes". I was so suprised at the video of the making of Pump where A'smith was showing all this stuff that made them look just so...uncool. It's the only word I can think of. They were bringing in DC after the fatc to retool their material and make it more accessible for schoolmoms. They had these ridiculous meetings with suits about the title for the album. Everything was so corporate.

Posted by: sprandel ()
Date: August 24, 2005 04:53

caesar Wrote:
> All the people seem to be quite happy about the
> Stones Tour start yesterday.
> I am very sad.
> Sad that they still sell the old legend of a band
> meeting in one of the member's houses like they
> did for recording "Exile" some thirty-three years
> ago.
> It's not true. They don't like each other for
> years. They do not talk to each other for ages.
> It's not for music. It's for money. They can make
> the most cash in keeping it alive. The legend.
> They tried solo but it didn't work. Why did they
> try solo? Guess!
>
> Ticket prices up to $ 400 are far more than a
> hundred times they're worth.
> They rip you off.
> All of you.
> I've been a Rolling Stones fan for about twenty
> four years. Many of you are fans for a longer
> time.
> Do you really believe Mick and Keith do sit an
> sofas facing each other with acousric guitars,
> writing songs together?
> They have their own authors for that. They give a
> shit about their art.
> It's all for greed.
> I am very sad.
>
> Regards from Germany,
> Caesar
>
> "All sold out, I've never seen a greed like
> that..."

Stop all the Marxist talk about greed. They would be "ripping themselves off" if they charged any less for tickets. The ticket prices would only be too high if they did not fill the venues. (remember from school, supply/demand!). Only a fool works for less than he is worth. And don't tell me that dragging your ass around the world to the point of exhaustion is not work. Stop bitchin' and join a commune. Maybe go stand in line for a government check. How weak!

Posted by: Josh2131 ()
Date: August 24, 2005 04:54

No Problem. A lot of people praise Aerosmith for their longevity and productivity and these praises really aren't valid, so I take opportunities I can to share the truth. The Stones are one of few bands who have longevity and productivity (whether you like the new songs or not; persoanlly, Mick and Keith are my all time favorite song writers with the new stuff included).

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 775
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home