Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mick Jagger 'very upset' about not seeing David Bowie before he died
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 23, 2016 02:05

thought this was interesting and didn't notice it posted already...

[www.nme.com]

LUKE MORGAN BRITTON, 22ND MARCH 2016

The Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger has spoken of his regret for not staying in touch with David Bowie prior to his death earlier this year.

The pair were friends and collaborators during the '70s and '80s, mostly notably working together for 1985 single 'Dancing In The Street'. However, The Mirror reports that Jagger has said that he hadn't seen Bowie in a "long time" before he died. Jagger describes himself as "very upset" at not being able to see his friend one last time.

Jagger also revealed that he was in New York, the city where Bowie lived and died, when he passed away. "I was listening to his album before he died and ahead of it coming out," Jagger is quoted as saying. "I thought I must get in touch with him as I hadn’t seen him in long time. But he died almost immediately after that. I was very upset."

The singer also confirmed that he was unaware that Bowie was battling cancer. "What he was going through must have been really wrenching," Jagger added. "But working and doing such good work until the very end is really laudable."

Reflecting on Bowie's career, Jagger continued: "He had sense of what he wanted to project and what he wanted to be personality-wise... he was rather chameleon like in that respect. He chose rather good designers to work and had a tremendous sense of style and verve that took his stage act to another level."

"He was a bit like Grace Jones in some respects, she did the same sort of thing. In a certain way, that’s a lot of superficiality... but for someone like Lady Gaga or Bowie, it’s part and parcel of their sense of style and the projection of their inner self."

Bowie passed away in January at the age of 69. In the aftermath of his death, Jagger paid tribute to "the good times" the pair shared.

Re: Mick Jagger 'very upset' about not seeing David Bowie before he died
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 23, 2016 03:28

Was he upset at all about Glenn Frey? Could you ask NME just to be sure?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 23, 2016 04:22

Munichhilton

Why don't you ask instead, Munich. We'll wait right here for the answer. cool smiley

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: March 23, 2016 13:25

it's from a 2-part series he did with the Daily Mirror. Could Mick have possibly chose a worse paper to be associated with? haha

Date: March 23, 2016 14:53

latebloomer
Munichhilton

Why don't you ask instead, Munich. We'll wait right here for the answer. cool smiley

Nothing so far...hang tight though, he's prolly just busy in Cuba and I've left a colorful voicemail

Date: March 23, 2016 15:13

Munichhilton
latebloomer
Munichhilton

Nothing so far...hang tight though, he's prolly just busy in Cuba and I've left a colorful voicemail

K, when you talk to him, tell him it's gonna be great Babeee!!!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 23, 2016 15:21

alieb
it's from a 2-part series he did with the Daily Mirror. Could Mick have possibly chose a worse paper to be associated with? haha

The Daily mail, The Daily express, The Star, The Sun?

All of them will insult your brain more deftly than a bottle of Jack Daniels......

Date: March 23, 2016 16:24

EddieByword
alieb

The Daily mail, The Daily express, The Star, The Sun?

All of them will insult your brain more deftly than a bottle of Jack Daniels......

You take that back about Jack...he dint do nuffin rong...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 23, 2016 20:16

Munichhilton
latebloomer
Munichhilton

Apparently Mick feels comfortable with the Glenn Frey situation, having just appeared on his last album. (Mick's memory is a little sketchy when it comes to the personalities of the individual Eagles).

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: March 23, 2016 20:32

he didn't seem this upset about l'wren did he?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 23, 2016 20:37

treaclefingers
Munichhilton
latebloomer
Munichhilton

Apparently Mick feels comfortable with the Glenn Frey situation, having just appeared on his last album. (Mick's memory is a little sketchy when it comes to the personalities of the individual Eagles).

Glenn Frey or Don Henley? winking smiley

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 23, 2016 21:44

tumbled

Of course he was. He postponed the Australian tour and flew to the USA to
assist in arrangements. I assume you are joking though...

Posted by: ladylou ()
Date: March 23, 2016 21:59

tumbled
It's well known fact since 1960s, women didnt upset Mick Jagger... he had leaked to DM, days before the start of the 'Ole tour', when really started his current 'relationship' and who was 'aware of' it... then after this report he immediately was following the girlfriend on instagram, who just posted a picture of hers in Mexico.

As for Bowie: I says, after read his 'RS mag tribute', definitely the ego of Mick was very upset with all worldwide impact of Bowie's death , including all the celebs coming out saying he changed forever their lives et al. After his 'RS mag tribute', I knew there will be no DB tribute in any Stones gig... his ego wasnt amused

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-23 22:14 by ladylou.

Date: March 23, 2016 23:06

ladylou
tumbled
It's well known fact since 1960s, women didnt upset Mick Jagger... he had leaked to DM, days before the start of the 'Ole tour', when really started his current 'relationship' and who was 'aware of' it... then after this report he immediately was following the girlfriend on instagram, who just posted a picture of hers in Mexico.

As for Bowie: I says, after read his 'RS mag tribute', definitely the ego of Mick was very upset with all worldwide impact of Bowie's death , including all the celebs coming out saying he changed forever their lives et al. After his 'RS mag tribute', I knew there will be no DB tribute in any Stones gig... his ego wasnt amused

The timing of the start of Mick's current relationship, whatever it is, has absolutely no bearing on whether or not he was upset about L'Wren. Of course he was. By all accounts her death was devastating to him and to suggest otherwise is just crass. As for Bowie, Mick's ego has nothing to do with the decision not to do a tribute to him in a Stones concert. They never covered any of Bowie's songs, so it wouldn't have made any sense.

Date: March 23, 2016 23:12

I believe I'm free to write my opinion on this board, based on media reports. You're being disrespectful to call my opinion crass. I dont think you should feels entitled to it. Your reply is an world of contradictions and wishful thinking. You knows no more facts than me, Deal with it.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-23 23:18 by ladylou.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 23, 2016 23:19

Wondering if Mick has any thoughts on the death of Lemmy (RIP).

Date: March 23, 2016 23:22

ladylou
I believe I'm free to write my opinion on this board, based in which the media reports. You're being disrespectful to call my opinion crass. I dont think you should feels entitled to it. Your reply is an world of contradictions and wishful thinking.

I was responding to your comment that women don't upset Jagger, not what was reported in the media. To my mind, you seemed to infer that Mick wasn't upset about L'Wren's death. I certainly didn't intend my opinion to be disrespectful, but I can see how you would have interpreted it that way and so I do apologize. As for contradictions and wishful thinking, let's just say that neither of us know the real story there, media reports mean nothing.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: March 23, 2016 23:28

ladylou
tumbled

Where did you pull all of this out of?

The constant theories that Mick is always jealous of every other star got old decades ago. There has never been any proof of any of it, To me Jagger seems pretty comfortable with who and where he is. He is a bigger star then Bowie and always was and always will be. You don't think he knew that alot of people did like Bowie and none of it changes Jagger's life.

AS for no tribute to Bowie by the Stones thank God, Those things are so cheesy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-23 23:39 by stanlove.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 23, 2016 23:34

[www.youtube.com]

Mick talks about Bowie around the 14.45 mark ....

ROCKMAN

Date: March 23, 2016 23:42

stanlove
ladylou
tumbled

Where did you pull all of this out of?

The constant theories that Mick is always jealous of every other star got old decades ago. There has never been any proof of any of it, To me Jagger seems pretty comfortable with who and where he is. He is a bigger star then Bowie and always was and always will be. You don't think he knew that alot of people did like Bowie and none of it changes Jagger's life.

AS for no tribute to Bowie by the Stones thank God, Those things are so cheesy.
IMO It's obvious in 'his tribute' to Bowie that Mick have several issues with the fact he'll be remembered for his work/collaboration with Keith. Not for himself alone. His solo carrer, movies he produced... nothing this he'll be remembered for... but yes for his collaboration with Keith, for fact he's half part of a brilliant duo. And it's moot point if we ever would have heard about about him if he hadnt got together with Keith...Yes, I think it's all about his ego...

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-23 23:47 by ladylou.

Date: March 23, 2016 23:51

Hairball

So now Mick is supposed to have biog thought about everyone who died. Lemmy in the big scheme of things in Rock really wasn't every meaningful. I doubt if Jagger gave it two thoughts.

Why do people always feel the need to build up someone after they die? Kind of like people who go around and say Bowie changed their lives. Hogwash and i am sure they were not telling anyone that a month earlier. IF a entertainer changed your life in a major way at all you need help. Its just someone says when they feel the need to honor someone just because they died.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: March 24, 2016 01:12

stanlove
Hairball

So now Mick is supposed to have biog thought about everyone who died. Lemmy in the big scheme of things in Rock really wasn't every meaningful. I doubt if Jagger gave it two thoughts.

Why do people always feel the need to build up someone after they die? Kind of like people who go around and say Bowie changed their lives. Hogwash and i am sure they were not telling anyone that a month earlier. IF a entertainer changed your life in a major way at all you need help. Its just someone says when they feel the need to honor someone just because they died.

LOADS of people in the UK define seeing Starman on Top Of The Pops as a life changing moment, not to mention Bowie's broader mark on the 70s. Many though not all of those people being gay or bisexual. I don't know where you're from or how old you are but Bowie actually did change peoples lives and in as far as gay people did need help to come out openly in 1972 you are actually right on that point, albeit not quite as you meant it.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 24, 2016 01:55

stanlove
Hairball

Haha I was half-joking as someone was curious about Mick's thoughts on Glen Frey (RIP)! I love the Stones and I love Motorhead!

stanlove

Ahhh man you need to lighten up and stop forcing your own agenda on how or why people are affected by certain artists and entertainers.
So maybe art and music doesn't have the same impact on your life, and you don't have the same appreciation as others do - that's your problem, but why the need to be so nasty towards others feelings?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-24 01:57 by Hairball.

Date: March 24, 2016 04:06

Hairball
stanlove
Hairball

Haha I was half-joking as someone was curious about Mick's thoughts on Glen Frey (RIP)! I love the Stones and I love Motorhead!

stanlove

Ahhh man you need to lighten up and stop forcing your own agenda on how or why people are affected by certain artists and entertainers.
So maybe art and music doesn't have the same impact on your life, and you don't have the same appreciation as others do - that's your problem, but why the need to be so nasty towards others feelings?

Because I can't stand fluff, Explain how it changed anyone's life.

Date: March 24, 2016 04:08

rebelrebel
stanlove
Hairball

LOADS of people in the UK define seeing Starman on Top Of The Pops as a life changing moment, not to mention Bowie's broader mark on the 70s. Many though not all of those people being gay or bisexual. I don't know where you're from or how old you are but Bowie actually did change peoples lives and in as far as gay people did need help to come out openly in 1972 you are actually right on that point, albeit not quite as you meant it.

Explain how it changed peoples lives. Thats hyperbowl .
But you did hit on why Bowie was so big in the UK and not in the USA. I have tried to explain why this is with artists like Bowie before but I get shouted down. Queen and the Smiths are two more.

England is a feminine country compared to the USA. So artists like that make it big in the UK but not in the USA..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-24 04:12 by stanlove.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: March 24, 2016 04:49

treaclefingers
thought this was interesting and didn't notice it posted already...

[www.nme.com]

LUKE MORGAN BRITTON, 22ND MARCH 2016

The Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger has spoken of his regret for not staying in touch with David Bowie prior to his death earlier this year.

The pair were friends and collaborators during the '70s and '80s, mostly notably working together for 1985 single 'Dancing In The Street'. However, The Mirror reports that Jagger has said that he hadn't seen Bowie in a "long time" before he died. Jagger describes himself as "very upset" at not being able to see his friend one last time.

Jagger also revealed that he was in New York, the city where Bowie lived and died, when he passed away. "I was listening to his album before he died and ahead of it coming out," Jagger is quoted as saying. "I thought I must get in touch with him as I hadn’t seen him in long time. But he died almost immediately after that. I was very upset."

The singer also confirmed that he was unaware that Bowie was battling cancer. "What he was going through must have been really wrenching," Jagger added. "But working and doing such good work until the very end is really laudable."

Reflecting on Bowie's career, Jagger continued: "He had sense of what he wanted to project and what he wanted to be personality-wise... he was rather chameleon like in that respect. He chose rather good designers to work and had a tremendous sense of style and verve that took his stage act to another level."

"He was a bit like Grace Jones in some respects, she did the same sort of thing. In a certain way, that’s a lot of superficiality... but for someone like Lady Gaga or Bowie, it’s part and parcel of their sense of style and the projection of their inner self."

Bowie passed away in January at the age of 69. In the aftermath of his death, Jagger paid tribute to "the good times" the pair shared.

Gotta listen to that inner voice...

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: March 24, 2016 05:48

I daresay Mickette's got his Ossie Clark snake bracelets in a frizz, what wiv David's passing evoking an outpouring of love for someone who was a true artist. I don't believe I've heard one bad word said about David Bowie.

There are 2 things that I reckon Mick is fretting about. 1) David's personal life after he divorced the blow torch and quit cocaine was positively normal. He remarried in 1995 and had a daughter wiv Iman, his second wife. Mick's personal life in comparison is a complete catastrophe: THREE, count 'em, THREE of his girlfriends attempted suicide, one succeeded. His partner since 1977 bore him 4 children and Mick's gratitude and respect for this evinced in the form of a bouncing baby boy by another woman. & when Jerry filed for divorced, Mick was good enough to inform her that they were never really married.

2) Aside from the personal, David Bowie will always be remembered as David Bowie. Mick will always be known as, Mick Jagger of The Rolling Stones.

I am in no way taking up moral attitudes about Mick and the way he has conducted himself on or offstage; I'm speculating on my conclusion about how a celebrity whom I've followed fairly closely for 44 years is viewing the whole shebang...

"Here are we, one magical moment from Kether to Malkuth," indeed!

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: March 24, 2016 06:25

ladylou

What a ridiculous post. This reminds me of fans who called him callous for not paying tribute onstage to L'Wren. Mick Jagger ain't wired that way! He's a pro and an entertainer. Christ, he flew home for his father's death, then flew all the way to Las Vegas and did the gig without mentioning a word. You gonna tell me he didn't love his father? Get real, people.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-24 06:27 by StonedInTokyo.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 24, 2016 07:21

stanlove

Explain how it changed peoples lives. Thats hyperbowl .
But you did hit on why Bowie was so big in the UK and not in the USA. I have tried to explain why this is with artists like Bowie before but I get shouted down. Queen and the Smiths are two more.

England is a feminine country compared to the USA. So artists like that make it big in the UK but not in the USA..

Words fail me. eye rolling smiley

(Actually, not quite. "Hyperbowl" is a handy new word.)

Date: March 24, 2016 08:18

HEILOOBAAS
he divorced the blow torch
bwahahahahaha Angie

His partner since 1977 bore him 4 children and Mick's gratitude and respect for this evinced in the form of a bouncing baby boy by another woman. & when Jerry filed for divorced, Mick was good enough to inform her that they were never really married.
My best to Jerry with the billions of Murdoch for rest of her life. She EARNED her right to them

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-24 08:19 by ladylou.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1741
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home