Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Mick Jagger 'very upset' about not seeing David Bowie before he died
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 24, 2016 16:27

I think Mick Jagger will always be remembered as:
THE best frontman, rock n' roll singer in history.
Songwriter 2nd
and of course, with The Rolling Stones.
And since we are speculating,
I recall an interview MJ did (2008?)
where he was very honest/ on the record as officially saying:
Marriage isn't a tenet I believe in.
He didn't think the institution of marriage worked. For him.
This was while in relationship with L'wren.
Have to think he knew himself and had the courage to become honest with those involved: long term forever fidelity and pledge of unwavering love to the end no matter what, never worked for him personally. Kudos for being honest with himself instead of trying to be socially acceptable or just telling other people what they want to hear, even tho it's not the truth.
I don't see any ego involved with his grief over Bowie.
Hits home his own impending mortality, and a glimpse of impact over the affect it will have over the fan/ public. Hopefully notes were taken about private secret burial type service, and other details to preserve sanity the mass groups of people (millions) that will get caught up in the hysteria.
I have always thought the only way to possibly deal with the head trip of being THE most living famous person alive, everyone wanting a piece,
is to completely shut down. It's a survival tactic.
And from what I gather,
he has done his best as a Father. That's the top quality in any person who becomes a parent.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-24 19:37 by 35love.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: March 24, 2016 16:35

Aquamarine
stanlove

Explain how it changed peoples lives. Thats hyperbowl .
But you did hit on why Bowie was so big in the UK and not in the USA. I have tried to explain why this is with artists like Bowie before but I get shouted down. Queen and the Smiths are two more.

England is a feminine country compared to the USA. So artists like that make it big in the UK but not in the USA..

Words fail me. eye rolling smiley

(Actually, not quite. "Hyperbowl" is a handy new word.)

Another one denying the obvious. And hyperbowl fits very nice.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: March 24, 2016 16:40

StonedInTokyo
ladylou
As for Bowie: I says, after read his 'RS mag tribute', definitely the ego of Mick was very upset with all worldwide impact of Bowie's death , including all the celebs coming out saying he changed forever their lives et al. After his 'RS mag tribute', I knew there will be no DB tribute in any Stones gig... his ego wasnt amused

What a ridiculous post. This reminds me of fans who called him callous for not paying tribute onstage to L'Wren. Mick Jagger ain't wired that way! He's a pro and an entertainer. Christ, he flew home for his father's death, then flew all the way to Las Vegas and did the gig without mentioning a word. You gonna tell me he didn't love his father? Get real, people.

People who knock how Mick handles grief are just telling us alot about themselves. They think life is like some talk show where you have to sit there and talk about your feeling all the time. There were actually people on here who thought Mick should sing Just Like a Women at the first Stones concert after Scott's death. WTF

For me I have much more of a problem understanding people who have to share their feeling about everything. The type of people who when someone close to them dies they have to talk to everyone about it. Thats cringe worthy to me and to me it cheapens everything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-24 16:47 by stanlove.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 24, 2016 18:18

Cristiano Radtke
treaclefingers
Munichhilton
latebloomer
Munichhilton
Was he upset at all about Glenn Frey? Could you ask NME just to be sure?

Why don't you ask instead, Munich. We'll wait right here for the answer. cool smiley

Nothing so far...hang tight though, he's prolly just busy in Cuba and I've left a colorful voicemail

Apparently Mick feels comfortable with the Glenn Frey situation, having just appeared on his last album. (Mick's memory is a little sketchy when it comes to the personalities of the individual Eagles).

Glenn Frey or Don Henley? winking smiley

As I said, re: Mick's memory...

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 24, 2016 18:37

stanlove
StonedInTokyo
ladylou
As for Bowie: I says, after read his 'RS mag tribute', definitely the ego of Mick was very upset with all worldwide impact of Bowie's death , including all the celebs coming out saying he changed forever their lives et al. After his 'RS mag tribute', I knew there will be no DB tribute in any Stones gig... his ego wasnt amused

What a ridiculous post. This reminds me of fans who called him callous for not paying tribute onstage to L'Wren. Mick Jagger ain't wired that way! He's a pro and an entertainer. Christ, he flew home for his father's death, then flew all the way to Las Vegas and did the gig without mentioning a word. You gonna tell me he didn't love his father? Get real, people.

People who knock how Mick handles grief are just telling us alot about themselves. They think life is like some talk show where you have to sit there and talk about your feeling all the time. There were actually people on here who thought Mick should sing Just Like a Women at the first Stones concert after Scott's death. WTF

For me I have much more of a problem understanding people who have to share their feeling about everything. The type of people who when someone close to them dies they have to talk to everyone about it. Thats cringe worthy to me and to me it cheapens everything.

*Keep Calm and Carry On

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 24, 2016 18:47

stanlove
StonedInTokyo
ladylou

Mick, for all his extrovert behaviour, is in some ways a deeply private person and doesn't wash his emotional dirty linen in public, but isn't it possible that both kinds of people may be experiencing genuine grief? I'm definitely with you in the keeping-it-private camp. I'm not into watching that kind of talk-show, or expecting on-stage "tributes" for all and sundry, but that's how some people operate and it isn't necessarily insincere, though it can sometimes feel that way.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 24, 2016 20:37

Green Lady
stanlove
StonedInTokyo
ladylou

Mick, for all his extrovert behaviour, is in some ways a deeply private person and doesn't wash his emotional dirty linen in public, but isn't it possible that both kinds of people may be experiencing genuine grief? I'm definitely with you in the keeping-it-private camp. I'm not into watching that kind of talk-show, or expecting on-stage "tributes" for all and sundry, but that's how some people operate and it isn't necessarily insincere, though it can sometimes feel that way.

here here...good logical arguments.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-25 07:25 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: bathsheba ()
Date: March 24, 2016 21:50

Mick has always shown great dignity and restraint throughout his many public trials, of course with the tragedy of L'Wren and also Keith's most disloyal book. I think that is something rare in the world of A-listers (and something DB also shared) and to be admired.

If Mick says "I was very upset" about the death of Bowie- this really means something.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: March 24, 2016 21:56

bathsheba
Mick has always shown great dignity and restraint throughout his many public trials, of course with the tragedy of L'Wren and also Keith's most disloyal book. I think that is something rare in the world of A-listers (and something DB also shared) and to be admired.

If Mick says "I was very upset" about the death of Bowie- this really means something.

Amen.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 24, 2016 22:03

35 LOVE, great summary! Mick offers no apologies about his lifestyle or preferences. Ridiculous to even suggest that Mick's expression of grief over Bowie's death was anything but REAL...tying it to his " ego" is simply bizarre!
Mick has nothing left to prove but hecontinues to work within the movie industry with his company JAGGED FILMS, producing the wonderfully entertaining mini-series " Vinyl" on HBO with pal Marty Scorcese. It captures the flavor of the 70's music scene really well! He keeps working because it keeps him ALIVE and vital. He still has a lot to say, whether in be through his music or on film.
I think he has dealt very well with being THE MOST FAMOUS living Rock star! What people assume about Mick and PRETEND To know is comical.
Unless you are related to Mick Jagger, it is all meaningless conjecture. He IS a private man, and a many faceted, fascinating, super intelligent, multu-talented genius, IMO.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1541
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home