Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 13 of 15
Re: Mexico City show-2 Mexico 17-Mar-2016 Rolling Stones live updates
Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: March 18, 2016 07:27

Thanks a million to all the scopers in South America and Mexico, hoping and praying there will be more Stones shows down the road after Cuba!!! They're way too good to stop now.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: laurel ()
Date: March 18, 2016 07:29

I have always depended on the kindness of strangers...thank you Blansh for scoping most of it! Hoping now we get something from Cuba.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: March 18, 2016 07:38

Kinda funny because it felt like looking at a 1994 video stream over a 56K dial-up modem connection! For those of you who were alive in 1994. smiling smiley

I didn't watch the whole show and I hate to be a downer but it felt to me like Brown Sugar was washed out and "warhorsed" to death tonight. Mick's singing seemed aimless although he was in fine vocal form overall and sounded like the old young Mick Jagger. I sensed a stillness in the crowd during Brown Sugar, a disconnect. Perhaps it was just me unless other people felt the same way.

Onward to Cuba, and that will be quite a historical moment for all concerned.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: March 18, 2016 07:40

That show was unique in many ways..glad I stayed up..only 1:39 am here in Florida..

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 18, 2016 07:40

Apart from Rambler, the energy level seemed to be down tonight - though some spotty scopes didn't help. They sound as if they need that week's rest before Cuba.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: March 18, 2016 07:49

Green Lady
Apart from Rambler, the energy level seemed to be down tonight - though some spotty scopes didn't help. They sound as if they need that week's rest before Cuba.

Lots of problems with consistent scoping made it frustrating, but I thought the band really enjoyed themselves. Have not seen that much playing around between Mick and Keith in a long time. Keith's set was odd , not so much cause of Patti's birthday tribute, but he could not start "Happy" for like 15 seconds. MR was certainly different as well. The crowd seemed very happy from the scopes I saw. Thanks again to all those who scoped and shared.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-18 07:58 by Brstonesfan.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: March 18, 2016 08:09

My today's highlight.
IORR sing-along by Mexicans in a return metro coach.

Totally football pre/post-match experience in Latin America !grinning smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 18, 2016 08:12

a bigger nut
My today's highlight.
IORR sing-along by Mexicans in a return metro coach.

Totally football pre/post-match experience in Latin America !grinning smiley

Great! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: March 18, 2016 09:44

Amazing show tonight. Many things to say. I'll wait tomorrow. I am in the stars. This band makes me so happy! Mick was fantastic tonight. The band was incredible again. Every year, they get better and better. They just can't stop touring... They love it so much! And they are so good at it!

Benjamin.

Date: March 18, 2016 10:16

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 18, 2016 10:17

I had to get the photos and report done before I go to Cuba tomorrow morning. So many great moments, but if you study all the photos hard you will see somehing missing. It's there but still not there if you see what I mean. I have to go...

[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-18 10:18 by bv.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 18, 2016 12:52

Green Lady

One thing to bear in mind is that Mexico city is over 7000 feet above sea level so oxygen is harder to come by...........of course that can affect a normal performance, whatever you're doing, if you're not used to it..

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: March 18, 2016 12:57

Intro + JJF

video: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-18 12:59 by maumau.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: March 18, 2016 13:00

alternate

video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: March 18, 2016 15:25

Last night's show was absolutely smoking hot!!!!!! So gladI made it to both!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 18, 2016 15:39

Really love the picture, where Charlies smiling, taken by Bjornulf. Great.
Jeroen

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 18, 2016 16:35

corriecas
Really love the picture, where Charlies smiling, taken by Bjornulf. Great.
Jeroen

Beautiful indeed - thanks & praises, Bjornulf

I love the Rolling Stones

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 18, 2016 16:49

EddieByword
Green Lady

One thing to bear in mind is that Mexico city is over 7000 feet above sea level so oxygen is harder to come by...........of course that can affect a normal performance, whatever you're doing, if you're not used to it..

Today, I think the lack of energy might have been mine. Yesterday was a long tiring day and I was lucky to be awake.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 18, 2016 16:50

yes, they had a number of weird starts to songs including Happy but there were others, cant remember which ones right now

plexi

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 18, 2016 18:15

More photos here:

[stoneslife.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 18, 2016 19:30

Green Lady
EddieByword
Green Lady

Today, I think the lack of energy might have been mine. Yesterday was a long tiring day and I was lucky to be awake.

I can relate to that........I was just thinking this afternoon, I'm looking forwrd to a European tour if just to get scopes at a reasonable hour.........

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: March 18, 2016 19:34

after every show I've been able to listen to for this tour, at least one song has caught hold in my mind and stayed flowing in and out for a few days at least -- last night's show gave me "you got the silver" as my soundtrack

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 18, 2016 19:34

Cristiano Radtke

[twitter.com]

Cool shot of Keith! Thanks for posting it. I'm enjoying all the pictures and comments

Posted by: alexisjagger ()
Date: March 18, 2016 19:40

I went to the two shows in Mexico and the second show was te best. The people was happier and I liked a lot Angie and Lets Spend the Night Together.

Finally I saw my favourite band!

Posted by: bbeliko ()
Date: March 18, 2016 19:41

They say it's all a matter of perspective. And last night it was. I decided to just let go, let it flow and enjoy the show. Not caring about getting a nice spot, or who's standing next to me.
I've never had as much fun at a concert as I had last night, being right down in the middle of general B (as opposed to trying to get to the front) certainly helped, and it just felt like I was in a completely different world than the people seating in the front half of the field, because the line where general started was very noticable from behind, at one point the mass of heads just disappeared, replaced by a void until you set you eyes on the stage. And talking about what was going on in the stage, the band just seemed to be enjoying themselves so much. It once again feels like a bunch of old friends playing together, despite the lack of response from their immediate crowd, or perhaps because of it. Maybe it was a conscious choice, just enjoying themselves because no matter what they weren't going to get the reaction they were looking for.

I felt Mick was better last night than on monday, and I found that thing Keith did at the beggining of Happy interesting, trying to shake it up a little bit. Rambler was outstanding, the most different they've done in a long time, and that was good.

They ran out of the cool tshirts by the time I got to the venue, and I was of course hoping for Shine a Light, but oh well, what can a poor boy do?

This might very well be the last time I see them, and it was just a fantastic way to say good bye. It was really fun, and just a tip for my fellow fans if the Stones ever make it back to Mexico. Stay the f**k out of the front. Join us in the back, it'll be much more fun.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 18, 2016 20:41

bbeliko
This might very well be the last time I see them, and it was just a fantastic way to say good bye. It was really fun, and just a tip for my fellow fans if the Stones ever make it back to Mexico. Stay the f**k out of the front. Join us in the back, it'll be much more fun.

smileys with beer

!!!

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: March 18, 2016 20:53

33 minutes

[youtu.be]

22 min

[youtu.be]

Date: March 18, 2016 22:50

Happy (with a "feliz cumpleaƱos" for Patti's birthday smiling smiley)

Posted by: BostonLass ()
Date: March 18, 2016 23:22

Maybe I'm being dense, but I can't figure out what Bjornulf is talking about here:

"... if you study all the photos hard you will see somehing missing. It's there but still not there if you see what I mean..."

confused smiley

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 18, 2016 23:50

BostonLass
Maybe I'm being dense, but I can't figure out what Bjornulf is talking about here:

"... if you study all the photos hard you will see somehing missing. It's there but still not there if you see what I mean..."

confused smiley

*I miss the mystery too, but enjoying too much to see anything missing.
I hope all the fans traveling to Cuba hit the beautiful Caribbean beach
in relaxation- Spring is here where I'm at, sure helps keep positive.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 13 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2344
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home