Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O/T - Accident? Wife of Eagles' Randy Meisner Shot and Killed
Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: March 7, 2016 21:35

The wife of founding Eagles member Randy Meisner accidentally shot herself dead Sunday after a drunken domestic disturbance at the couple's California home, police said.

Lana Rae Meisner, 63, called the cops around 5:30 p.m. to report a drunken man in their Studio City house. Police took a domestic violence report and left without incident.

But Randy Meisner, 69, called police about 90 minutes later, saying his wife had been shot, police say.

His wife died in a closet after a rifle accidentally fired, hitting her in the face or head, a police source told the Daily News. She had tried lifting the gun from a case, but another item in the case hit the trigger and pulled it, police said.

“Based on the evidence at the scene, it appears to be a complete accident,” a police source told the Daily News.

“No foul play whatsoever. There is nothing indicative that it was a murder at all.”

Randy was in another part of the house when the gun went off, police said.

He was not injured in the fatal accident, but was transported to a hospital Monday morning, though his condition was not immediately clear, police said. The former Eagles bassist has not been charged for any crime.

The details of the domestic disturbance are unknown. TMZ reported Randy was "acting erratically" and waving a BB gun, but police did not confirm those details.

The couple had faced bizarre turmoil in the past year. A conservatorship court battle in July revealed Randy Meisner had threatened murder-suicide with an AK-47 while staying at an Encino hospital earlier that year. But he did not have a weapon with him at the time.

[www.nydailynews.com]

Re: O/T - Accident? Wife of Eagles' Randy Meisner Shot and Killed
Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: March 7, 2016 22:05

sad

Date: March 7, 2016 22:08

Very sad indeed.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 7, 2016 22:21

It's really sad what happened to Meisner...watching the History of the Eagles documentary, he seemed like such a sweet, gentle soul, and the rest of the band chewed him up and spit him out.

It was shocking to see how aged and frail he looked during the interviews.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 7, 2016 22:37

What a sad story.

(And even sadder is that someone immediately made this thread political)

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 7, 2016 23:28

Sad indeed

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 7, 2016 23:43

buttons67
another good reason to get rid of gun culture in america.

more people have died from gun crime in america than service personel in the forces at war.

and trump wants to ban muslims.

the biggest threat to american liberty is from themselves as guns are used by american people. its not from outsiders.

HEY BUTT67:

Way to turn a very disturbing and sad story INSTANTLY to your personal political shit speech.

Bye.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-08 00:18 by Kurt.

Date: March 7, 2016 23:45

Kurt
buttons67

more people have died from gun crime in america than service personel in the forces at war.

the biggest threat to american liberty is from themselves as guns are used by american people. its not from outsiders.

HEY BUTT67:

Way to turn a very disturbing and sad story INSTANTLY to your personal political hate speech.

Bye.
Agreed that this thread wasn't the time or place to get political, but hate speech? What exactly did he say that wasn't FACTUAL, let alone hateful?

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: March 8, 2016 00:01

keefriff99
Kurt
buttons67

HEY BUTT67:

Way to turn a very disturbing and sad story INSTANTLY to your personal political hate speech.

Bye.
Agreed that this thread wasn't the time or place to get political, but hate speech? What exactly did he say that wasn't FACTUAL, let alone hateful?

I was thinking that exact same thing

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: March 8, 2016 00:17

SKILLS
keefriff99
Kurt
buttons67

HEY BUTT67:

Bye.

I was thinking that exact same thing
ditto

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 8, 2016 00:19

I just edited my original post.
Sentiment remains the same.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: March 8, 2016 00:39

buttons67

Totally true.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 8, 2016 03:47

LeonidP
buttons67
....the biggest threat to american liberty is from themselves as guns are used by american people. its not from outsiders.

Not sure i agree w/ that, but I do agree its time to ban guns.

Good luck with that.

Who is going to volunteer to try and take them?

Date: March 8, 2016 03:55

Kurt
I just edited my original post.
Sentiment remains the same.
I didn't mean to get in your face, I just didn't agree with your characterization. Like I said, I agree that this isn't the place for grandstanding.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: March 8, 2016 04:06

Alcohol was involved also. So ban that too!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 8, 2016 04:28

Koen
What a sad story.

(And even sadder is that someone immediately made this thread political)
Seems the way of this world...it's the easiest way to sound current I guess...

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2177
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home