Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT: Joe Walsh & Bad Co.
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 8, 2016 11:09

Jah Paul
When I saw the Eagles two years ago (first and only time...sure glad I went), Joe stole the show...his playing was stellar and his voice in great shape. First time I'd ever seen him, too - he blew me away!

thumbs up

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: March 8, 2016 17:11

Jah Paul
When I saw the Eagles two years ago (first and only time...sure glad I went), Joe stole the show...his playing was stellar and his voice in great shape. First time I'd ever seen him, too - he blew me away!

You always here this from quite a few people after an Eagles show.

I had (yes past tense) seen the Eagles a few times. At times I came away feeling that Joe had been the show.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 8, 2016 17:15

1cdog
Jah Paul

I had (yes past tense) seen the Eagles a few times. At times I came away feeling that Joe had been the show.
Joe's definitely the wildest and most "rock'n'roll" member of the Eagles. Even though he played very precisely because that's what Glenn and Don dictated, he knew how to let loose and rock out more than the other guys.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 8, 2016 22:45

Just scored 11th row floor tickets - $250 VIP - I'm happy smileys with beer

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: March 8, 2016 23:04

BluzDude
Just scored 11th row floor tickets - $250 VIP - I'm happy smileys with beer

thumbs upsmileys with beer Toast to you happiness and enjoyment of the show!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: dgodkin ()
Date: March 8, 2016 23:43

will see them in Houston in may,really looking forward to seeing bad co. with paul Rodgers,with 3 of the original 4, great band maybe because they were considered a supergroup when they formed and also under zeppelins label never got the respect they deserved and since their is a rock and rool hall of fame they damn well should be in it

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: March 9, 2016 05:36

Section C, row 10, dead center. Thank you Amex presale.

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: March 9, 2016 07:45

Like many here, finally saw the Eagles on the History of the Eagles tour. Walsh indeed brought a much needed spark. Glad to have seen Leadon as well. Speaking of which, word is Randy Meisner is a total wreck after the accidental death of his wife.

On a cheerier note, I've seen Henley live many times and it is always a great show. I suspect he could carry on for a while and be the Eagles' substitute for people in the same manner McCartney is for the Beatles.

Date: March 9, 2016 09:39

Long John Stoner
Like many here, finally saw the Eagles on the History of the Eagles tour. Walsh indeed brought a much needed spark. Glad to have seen Leadon as well. Speaking of which, word is Randy Meisner is a total wreck after the accidental death of his wife.

On a cheerier note, I've seen Henley live many times and it is always a great show. I suspect he could carry on for a while and be the Eagles' substitute for people in the same manner McCartney is for the Beatles.

I think there's a pretty good chance that's going to happen. He seems pretty spry still.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 19, 2016 15:06

Just heard that Mick Ralphs is sitting this one out and will be replaced by Rich Robinson from the Black Crowes. Should still be good, but .... kinda like seeing the Stones with Mick and Charlie as the only original members.

Hey, speaking of great double bills who are gonna be out on tour this summer, how about Jeff Beck and Buddy Guy?

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: March 19, 2016 18:18

1cdog
Jah Paul

The other Eagles are too sterile and perfect in their presentation. It's practically like they're soulless. Joe always played the second half of the second set in order to wake people up for the drive home.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: March 19, 2016 18:19

tatters
Just heard that Mick Ralphs is sitting this one out and will be replaced by Rich Robinson from the Black Crowes. Should still be good, but .... kinda like seeing the Stones with Mick and Charlie as the only original members.

Hey, speaking of great double bills who are gonna be out on tour this summer, how about Jeff Beck and Buddy Guy?

Jeff is always the same and you never know if you're going to get brilliant Buddy or ADD Buddy.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 20, 2016 02:55

That's funny about Buddy, and true. I saw him in Kalamazoo Mi a few months ago and he was absolutely brilliant. Then went to see him at his club in Chicago and he was a hot mess. But it was still fun!

Date: March 20, 2016 08:33

rbk
tatters

Jeff is always the same and you never know if you're going to get brilliant Buddy or ADD Buddy.

I think with Buddy some of it depends on the preshow Crown Royale intake. I actually got to drink with him once preshow. He's never less than entertaining! Hope this double bill comes to my area. Jeff Beck changed my musical life 40 years ago & I go see him whenever I can.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-20 08:34 by crholmstrom.

Date: March 20, 2016 15:42

crholmstrom
rbk
tatters

I think with Buddy some of it depends on the preshow Crown Royale intake. I actually got to drink with him once preshow. He's never less than entertaining! Hope this double bill comes to my area. Jeff Beck changed my musical life 40 years ago & I go see him whenever I can.

Exactly. Could not have said it better. And it is Crown Royale or at least it was at Blues Alley in DC about 23 years ago. I watched him get plowed before the show and he was a total mess during the show. Even had to sit down at one point and just let the band play. About 9 years or so ago I got drunk Buddy again - this time at a HoB show. He was swiging on the Crown during the show. Before, between and after the mentioned shows I have seen some really good Buddy shows. I have heard that he has sobered up or at least turning up drunk at shows has not happened in recent years. All that said, Buddy is no spring chicken anymore either.

As for Beck. Seen him many times. The material may not have always been my choice but never disappointed in the performance or effort. Just a great guitarist!

Can't wait to hear some reviews from those attending Joe Walsh shows this summer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-21 20:03 by 1cdog.

Date: March 21, 2016 17:59

Yep, seeing them in Charlotte in June.

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: May 7, 2016 07:17

Are there any complete Free proshot concerts on dvd or youtube? Couldn't find anything on youtube. The band Free! smiling smiley

Posted by: WetWillie ()
Date: May 22, 2016 05:19

A couple audience recordings have appeared on dime. Here's a link to one of just Joe Walsh. But there is a Bad Company posted on dime also.

[www.dimeadozen.org]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 22, 2016 05:49

It was a double whammy of a great show! thumbs up

Date: May 22, 2016 06:50

1cdog
Jah Paul

Here's a funny story. I was getting my car washed in Sherman Oaks a few years back, and saw the workers drying a new Caddilac XLR-V, which was not available to the public (I read a lot of car mags). I have to go over and take a look, and whip out my cellphone and take some pics. I go back to the waiting area and sit down, and this guy taps me on the shoulder and says "what the hell are you doing taking pictures of my car"? I look over and it's Joe Walsh. So I don't acknowledge that I know who he is, and ask him how the hell he got a car that wasn't available. So we're sitting there talking about it, and I say "hey, you're Joe Walsh, of course you get access to the good shit". He asks me who I am, I tell him my name and he says "I thought that was you too". He's funnier than shit in real life. After a while, he gets up to leave and I tell him "you were the best part of The Eagles". He just chuckled and hopped in his car. I was at Ringo's birthday party last year, and he comes over and says "hey, you're that guy from the car wash". Unbelievable that he would remember someone from years ago....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-22 06:52 by roller99.

Date: May 22, 2016 06:52

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 22, 2016 14:32

How was Rich Robinson on guitar? I am so interested in this aspect of the show.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: May 22, 2016 15:20

Is Howard Leese from Heart still with them?

Date: May 22, 2016 15:25

HonkeyTonkFlash

yes he is

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: May 22, 2016 16:38

keefriffhard4life
HonkeyTonkFlash

yes he is

Does anybody know why he left Heart? I liked his work with them.

Posted by: plqmule ()
Date: May 22, 2016 18:40

Ringo sat in with Joe Walsh Friday night in L.A. cool smiley

video: [www.youtube.com]

Date: May 22, 2016 19:15

roller99
1cdog
Jah Paul

Here's a funny story. I was getting my car washed in Sherman Oaks a few years back, and saw the workers drying a new Caddilac XLR-V, which was not available to the public (I read a lot of car mags). I have to go over and take a look, and whip out my cellphone and take some pics. I go back to the waiting area and sit down, and this guy taps me on the shoulder and says "what the hell are you doing taking pictures of my car"? I look over and it's Joe Walsh. So I don't acknowledge that I know who he is, and ask him how the hell he got a car that wasn't available. So we're sitting there talking about it, and I say "hey, you're Joe Walsh, of course you get access to the good shit". He asks me who I am, I tell him my name and he says "I thought that was you too". He's funnier than shit in real life. After a while, he gets up to leave and I tell him "you were the best part of The Eagles". He just chuckled and hopped in his car. I was at Ringo's birthday party last year, and he comes over and says "hey, you're that guy from the car wash". Unbelievable that he would remember someone from years ago....

Roller99, that is too funny!

Thanks for sharing the story!

Date: May 23, 2016 04:45

HonkeyTonkFlash
keefriffhard4life
HonkeyTonkFlash

yes he is

Does anybody know why he left Heart? I liked his work with them.

not sure why he left. i know he always felt like a hired gun in heart

Date: May 23, 2016 07:20

plqmule
Ringo sat in with Joe Walsh Friday night in L.A. cool smiley

video: [www.youtube.com]

Review of Joe Walsh/Bad Company

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 23, 2016 07:47

Another review - from the Orange County Register:

Joe Walsh and Bad Company get classic at the Forum

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1804
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home