Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Randy Newman - Short People
Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: February 23, 2016 01:59

I was surprised to learn the other day that it's Waddy Wachtel playing the guitar part on Randy Newman's "Short People". I'm not sure if this is common knowledge or not, but it's a Keith/Winos connection to Randy Newman that I hadn't known about

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-23 02:13 by stones2000.

Re: OT: Randy Newman - Short People
Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: February 23, 2016 03:55

Very cool.

Date: February 23, 2016 04:25

I never knew that, nice to know!

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 23, 2016 08:43

He was among the big ones under a short time...I got 4 of his albums from that period....Short People....3/5...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: FoolToCry ()
Date: February 23, 2016 14:05

Many Session-Musicians used by Randy in the 70´s and early 80´s period are the same as in the Stones, Wood, Richards, Watts Circle:

Jim Keltner & Andy Newmark (Drums), Lenny Castro (Percussion), Willie Weeks (Bass), Ernie Watts, Jim Horn & Chuck Findley (Brass), Waddy Wachtel & Ry Cooder (Guitar)

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 23, 2016 23:26

He is one of the truly great songwriters, though his vocals are an acquired taste.
Of course you need a sense of humour to appreciate some of his lyrics and many people don't understand his sense of irony.
Am sure he could write something appropriate about Mr Trump.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: February 26, 2016 04:36

FoolToCry
Many Session-Musicians used by Randy in the 70´s and early 80´s period are the same as in the Stones, Wood, Richards, Watts Circle:

Jim Keltner & Andy Newmark (Drums), Lenny Castro (Percussion), Willie Weeks (Bass), Ernie Watts, Jim Horn & Chuck Findley (Brass), Waddy Wachtel & Ry Cooder (Guitar)

Oh really? Cool, I didn't know that. Thanks!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1914
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home