Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Don't dream, this is not a good album
Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: August 20, 2005 01:19

Ok Ok I have not listened the whole album in good conditions but the parts which I listened to are sufficient to know that these songs are not great songs. We know all some outtakes which are short and we love them. Those are banal. They can write 10 song like "rough justice" in a night. Same thing for the blues. They needed to make an album but not the creativity to do it. They gave all that they had to give, and they gave much. Thanks for all these greats albums, concerts and outtakes. They made good job but now it's over. Recording sessions for "Forty licks" and there are 4 poor new songs for the "Best of". They recorded this album fastly but they don't need time to records this kind of songs. Ronnie wasn't present to the recording sessions. Like a guest during overdub. Do you think that Ronnie seems to be happy on the pictures. I don't think. He doesn't smile when the others smile or he looks at elsewhere. Keith is the shadow of himself with a big ego. He is not the same in the street but on stage there are Mick and Him. He does the minimum and think that when he hits a string, it's a phenomenal gesture. Difficult to hear ronnie on stage but he makes a big work. I'm not happy to write that but this the truth. Everything has an end. I think they could continue to play live but STOP to record albums.

Re: Don't dream, this is not a good album
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 20, 2005 01:26

New members welcome

[www.bucksfizzearlyyears.co.uk]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 20, 2005 01:29

"...I'm not happy to write that but this the truth..."

...this is your truth.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: August 20, 2005 01:33

Heard the whole album too and I disagree with your opinion.

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: August 20, 2005 01:36

Stop complaing and moaning about the new cd if dont like the stones why do you
waste your engery on the band if you so good about the music why dont you put
some music out see how mant people will buy your music,APRILFOOL.kish.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: August 20, 2005 01:48

It's because people DO like and have liked the Stones that they are able, full of genuine disappointment, to express their strong sense of loss.

Should he not be able to express his 'negative' feelings here?

Date: August 20, 2005 01:59

When you are young, you have heroes, Keith was an hero for me but many years later, many things are more important than that. I love the Stones since 1973, have seen the tour since 1982. But when something is not good for me, I have the right to say I don't feel happy with that. All Stones stuffs are not good. When someone tells one bad thing about the Stones there are always anothers to say Hey you! If you are better than the stones, make an album to see the difference. The difference, it's not my job, music is a passion, a hoby for me. I have a job. If I'm wrong in my job, you have the right to tell, this guy is a bad worker. I have the right to think if a song enjoys me. Playing guitar is difficult for me, I have 2 left arms. 2 bras gauches.

Date: August 20, 2005 02:03

grow up,we not living in 1968 or 1972 most the poople who complain about the
stones are living in the past,be happy that stones are still around and playin
good music and playin live,LIFE IS A PARTY,IF STONES CANT FUFILL YOUR DREAMS,
YOU JUST FADE AWAY,STONES ARE WAY OF LIFE.KISH.

Posted by: MnLtMi ()
Date: August 20, 2005 02:05

No. What is the uncontollable need to get on a computer and complain about everything. Do you have to like everything? No, but do you need to tear everything apart, before you have even heard the music.And if you must, why cant you just voice your thoughts without telling me what to think.Maybe the little you have heard is enough for you to make a choice for you. However I have not heard the cd yet and in fact enjoy what I have heard. "I'm no school boy and I know what I like".I have heard the tour sucks too. But I don't think that started yet either.Loss, disappointment. Those are things that happen in real life. This is entertainment.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 20, 2005 02:09

why is it that when some posts a thoughtful criticism of "something Stones" he or she gets a personal attack? it's like people take that criticism personally. I don't get it.

Posted by: dennysmith61 ()
Date: August 20, 2005 02:27

If the Beatles were together would hey do another Sgt Peppers? or Abbey Road?

Of cause not.

The Stone more of a straight rock band.

So I want good fum rock with some blues

And that is what I got .

RJ is much beter then some of the other stuff they have released

Sometimes I think they tried too hard

You say RJ could have been written in a night but is tht a bad thing?

Satifaction was written in a night

Its only R&R not Bach and it will never be 67 again

TK

Posted by: FAH3 ()
Date: August 20, 2005 02:38

It seems to me that a lot of people want it to be 1972 again but we can't go back. This is the Rolling Stones in 2005.

Posted by: ShatterednVA ()
Date: August 20, 2005 02:43

Hey Aprilfool - the joke is on you - obviously you have lost your hearing and you may be going senile. Enjoy staying at home in rocking chair while we are all rocking at the stones concerts.........

Date: August 20, 2005 02:51

Thoughtful? They have not even heard the cd yet!!It seems a differnt point of view is board code for a personal "attack". want to be liked by everyone all the time. Have a kid. It works for about 6 years until they grow up and begin to think for themselves.Man to say I have not heard the cd but it sucks is just begging to be responed to.And shows no thought at all. Just negitive for negitive's sake. I find that a personal attack.The world is tough enough already.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 20, 2005 03:01

still - there's never a reason to get personal, IMO, unless someone is personally attacking you.

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: August 20, 2005 03:20

This is as masterful a piece of fake-trolling that I've ever seen, even though it's prefaced with the moniker "aprilfool".

Who's being made the fools here? Bye, guys.

Date: August 20, 2005 03:33

Hi,
i did not mean to be nasty about aprilfool at the moment all we are gettin
is negative vibes about the STONES,when we hear the booming sound of the
stones new cd A BIGGGER BANG will all will be dancing to the music.kish

Posted by: Buddha66 ()
Date: August 20, 2005 04:24

Aprilfool...

perhps you should stick to Brittany Spears or maybe the Back Street Boys...seems like that is more your taste

Date: August 20, 2005 04:32

Masterful. I must admit I do not post on these sites often.So I had not learned the game. Thanks so much for saving me from wasting more of my lifes time here. So that is the game on these boards.Post pure BS, see if you get a rise out of someone. And accomplish what exactly? Clearly the only way to share real ideas and joys in life is face to face with friends, over a beer, where it is a least somewhat harder to be a fake.It's a leats imposible to hid who you physically are.This is the 2nd "Stones" site I have seen that really has little to do with the Joy the band has brought us over the years.I finally see what others have said. These damn boxes have taken the true community sense out of the human experience, and we are not better for it.Alot of stuff is going down around us while we sit here B.S.ing each other. Bye to you too.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 20, 2005 11:19

Even if we were living in 68 or 72 the songs I heard are even friggin' cool by that standard too.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: August 20, 2005 12:10

Hey guys, I attacked nobody, I've just said that I thinkt the new songs are not good for me and it's not a new "exile". during last months I saw on this board, "Yeah the next album will be the best since some girls or something like that". At this, peopel said it will be a good album without listening a song and now when I say after listening some parts, it's not good for me, the answer is that I don't love stones music. The more important with a part of guys around is to say or write that every stuff done by the stones are beautiful, the best of the world. They are only humans, not gods or lords. I don't answer to somebody who speaks about Back Spears or Britney Street Girls. By the past I saw some threads which are funny and I've spent a good time to read them. Some others about implants on keith's head are pathetic, what about the stones.

Posted by: Manhattan ()
Date: August 20, 2005 12:26

Back Spears and Britney Street Girls!!!????
What's pathetic here is your spelling and your childish postings.
You're one of 'em illiterate @#$%& that come to this page once in a while.
Gods or Lords. JEEEZ!!! You've been watching too many Lord of the Ring movies.
Put on CNN or Fox News instead, so you get some proper education, punk!!

Posted by: Jagiero ()
Date: August 20, 2005 14:17

I do understand your vision aprilfool. It's always interesting to discuss albums etc...Anyway, I can't agree when you say A bigger bang is not a good album. For me it's not a new exile. The only thing they have in common is the length of the album. It's always wrong to compare albums with each other in sound. I think a Bigger Bang is a good album with a few higlights, oh no not you again, this place is empty and biggest mistake. For me this album is a bit better than Voodoo Lounge but it's certainly not a classic. It's not a classic because there are too many mediocre songs. Some people say Rain fall down or Rough justice is fantastic but i don't agree. Everyone has his own taste and i respect that but i can't agree saying rough justice is better than for example brown sugar.

Date: August 20, 2005 14:36

Be correct Manhattan.
Thanks for your reply Jageiro. You understand what I mean. It's just my opinion. If there is a forum where we are constrained to always speak potive position about them, I have no reason to post.

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: August 20, 2005 15:28

"Keith is the shadow of himself with a big ego. He is not the same in the street but on stage there are Mick and Him. He does the minimum and think that when he hits a string, it's a phenomenal gesture."

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..................................

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: August 20, 2005 15:34

If songs like "It Won't Take Long" and "Rough Justice" were released in the 1971 or 1972, would have been classics!

Aprilfool wrote: "They can write 10 song like "rough justice" in a night".

Rerhaps, because they are full of talent. Typical nice Stones riffs. But you must put in same class "All Down The Line", "Soul Survivor", "Dance Little Sister", "The Hand Of Fate", "Respectable", "It Must Be Hell" and 100 many other GREAT songs...

I respect everyone's opinion about the music, it's a matter of taste. But i am tired of the insipid nagging of some "fans" (!!??) who take themselves as great doctors and psychologists. "Do you think that Ronnie seems to be happy on the pictures. I don't think". What a point Aprilfool! I think Charlie seems sad on the cover of "Dirty Work"album, as Ronnie seems on "Stripped"'s cover. Who Knows, perhaps that means the band should "stop to record albums" since 1986 or 1995...

Date: August 20, 2005 15:38

My nephew is doing Bla, blah, blah, blah, blah with his hand and his mouth. The difference, he is only 14 months. Are you Cromagnon man?

Posted by: Ged Rambler ()
Date: August 20, 2005 15:48

This is gonna be a good album & it ain't no dream.Initial responses can always be a little muted,but in the end - after a few listens,the albums are invariably good.

Voodoo Lounge was an awesome album & from what I've heard oa ABB so far,its lookin good.

For gods sake,give it a chance , it ain't even in the shops yet - I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised.

Lets cut out the crap - its rock n roll time.

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: August 20, 2005 15:57

"My nephew is doing Bla, blah, blah, blah, blah with his hand and his mouth. The difference, he is only 14 months. Are you Cromagnon man?"

Seems like he has learned it from somebody in his family.....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1677
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home