Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: IORR web site maintenance
Date: February 23, 2016 11:23

EddieByword
CaptainCorella
All these newbies boasting about their early computers!

Our son's first computer was an Atari ST just like the one someone posted about. (And jolly good it was as well.)

My first programming experience was at university in 1966.... writing a program to work out the first 200 prime numbers. In ICL Machine code as far as I recall.

My first programming job was in 1968, writing intercode programs to run on a LEO III - a very direct descendant of the first ever commercial computer (LEO being an acronym for Lyons Electronic Office, and Lyons ran tea shops in the UK and spotted the need for computers to do their payroll). LEO III being, as far as I recall, the first version to have transistors and not valves!

I've even got some paper tape and some punched cards in my archives at home!

Ahhh, not boasting, just reminiscing...........my stepson's was a ZX Spectrum, same release year as the Atari.......according to Wiki anyway..........cool smiley

I had a Commodore 64. Still have it somewhere grinning smiley

Posted by: novica ()
Date: February 23, 2016 11:51

DandelionPowderman
EddieByword
CaptainCorella
All these newbies boasting about their early computers!

Our son's first computer was an Atari ST just like the one someone posted about. (And jolly good it was as well.)

My first programming experience was at university in 1966.... writing a program to work out the first 200 prime numbers. In ICL Machine code as far as I recall.

My first programming job was in 1968, writing intercode programs to run on a LEO III - a very direct descendant of the first ever commercial computer (LEO being an acronym for Lyons Electronic Office, and Lyons ran tea shops in the UK and spotted the need for computers to do their payroll). LEO III being, as far as I recall, the first version to have transistors and not valves!

I've even got some paper tape and some punched cards in my archives at home!

Ahhh, not boasting, just reminiscing...........my stepson's was a ZX Spectrum, same release year as the Atari.......according to Wiki anyway..........cool smiley

I had a Commodore 64. Still have it somewhere grinning smiley

good old times...i still have Amstrad CPC 464 !

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: February 24, 2016 00:24

bump!

i still cant access iorr on my older android phone sad smiley I get a 'Data connectivity problem' 'Secure connection cannot be found' message.

Been about 4 days now...Arrrggghh!

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: February 24, 2016 20:13

I can t believe I am the only one with these problems!

And I can[t believe no-one has chipped in with a possible solution!

HELP!

I miss having you all in my pocket!

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2126
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home