Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Jagger's 'Moves'
Posted by: andy js ()
Date: August 19, 2005 14:16

last night i sat down and watched four flicks for the first time in ages

does anyone else laugh out loud at Jagger's 'moves' on the Twickenham and MGS shows ?

it's bloody painful to watch. right from the off on both gigs he looks like he's having a fit, arms sticking out all over the place in some sort of cardiac arrest tribute

he looks SO uncomfortable. why does he do it ?

why doesn't he do something natural like walk about, sing, clap his hands and gesture a bit like he used to ?

once he calms down he's fine, but the early parts of the gigs are @#$%& hilarious

anyone else agree ?

Re: Jagger's 'Moves'
Posted by: ADRIAN_L ()
Date: August 19, 2005 14:22

looking back , on the dvd's it is amusing.
At the time, when you're there, in the flesh, and you're all pumped up ,and Mick's doing his thing, getting the crowds up and dancing, it's the best thing.
I'm not a fan of DVD concerts...it's never quite the same.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-19 14:22 by ADRIAN_L.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: August 19, 2005 14:30

Hi Andy, I too watched some FF for the first time in ages yesterday. I have always almost hated jagger's new moves. They are so non-authentic looking. His old moves were badass. I can not imagine why and where chose this crap. I was watching the sessions where he actually is working out with a "dance"instructor in fron of a huge mirror. Actually PRACTISING these silly moves LOL. You're right, once he settles down he is cool. But I hte all those scales singing and that windmilldancing.
I watched the documentary disc. It ius always my fave. The whole scene of the warmup gig at Palais Royale is IMO priceless. When they are at first totally nervous, and are all hugging and kissing each other. But once it's over and they pile into the van and are all flushed and giddy it cracks me up. Jagger and Keith keep looking at each other and laughing. After all these years and all these incredible successes they seemingly stil;l can not believe they get by wuth this shit. Too cool. Even Jagger is besides himself.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: August 19, 2005 15:05

ADRIAN_L Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> looking back , on the dvd's it is amusing.
> At the time, when you're there, in the flesh, and
> you're all pumped up ,and Mick's doing his thing,
> getting the crowds up and dancing, it's the best
> thing.

Yeah that's true.

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: August 19, 2005 15:49

The exaggerated moves by Jagger during Our of Control in BTB and NS shows were truly amazing...because they fit the song!

Posted by: sladog ()
Date: August 19, 2005 16:17

What is really amusing is to pull out Ladies and Gentlemen and watch Jagger pretty much just stand there. When he does move it is so funny to watch.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: August 19, 2005 16:31

I love the way he moves on lets spend the night together much much better.its like he just does it ADLIB kinda thing.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: August 19, 2005 16:38

Sladog! In L&G Jagger is the KING!!! He is the KING, the Ambassador of COOL, the Hermes of the Rock!!! Never before or after has anyone been so @#$%& ultra slick, hip, cool, sexy and badass. Everyghting is right on. Niothing funny. He was untouchable. Untouchable. I won't sit and list frames and glimpses. You got to go check it out again. And dig! Dig deep.

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: August 19, 2005 16:44

The Hermes of Rock? Great term!

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: August 19, 2005 16:50

He's much more graceful in Gimme Shelter. His moves are much more jerky in L&G, down to being coked up to the eyeballs I imagine. Too much running on the spot etc.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 19, 2005 18:04

He just moves to the rythm. I always thought he looked more silly in the seventies, because he was way too exaggerated. Nowadays he's more cool. And he's better than Joe Cocker.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 19, 2005 18:06

The moment Mick starts to move I get cold chills, I get goose bumbs, I get wet panties. I LOVE MICK'S MOVES! Can't wait to see them in October. cw

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 19, 2005 18:07

ceiling wax Wrote:
>I get wet panties.

I really hope that you're a woman.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 19, 2005 18:12

yes, it's true.

Posted by: Manhattan ()
Date: August 19, 2005 18:16

ceiling wax Wrote:
> The moment Mick starts to move I get cold chills,
> I get goose bumbs, I get wet panties. I LOVE
> MICK'S MOVES! Can't wait to see them in October.
> cw

That's funny, I get wet panties too watching Jagger's fagotty moves, although I'm a bloke. Everybody adores Mick J, regardless of sex. Btw, guys wearing panties is a Beckham thing. If he does it, it sure is OK, even for people with a goddamned macho image.

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: August 19, 2005 18:26

ChelseaDrugstore Wrote:
> Sladog! In L&G Jagger is the KING!!! He is the
> KING, the Ambassador of COOL, the Hermes of the
> Rock!!! Never before or after has anyone been so
> @#$%& ultra slick, hip, cool, sexy and badass.
> Everyghting is right on. Niothing funny. He was
> untouchable. Untouchable. I won't sit and list
> frames and glimpses. You got to go check it out
> again. And dig! Dig deep.

Oh, Chelsea, old mate! This one has to be one of the best posts I've read since I log into this board! Maybe the best descrption of what Jagger is and why he is the greatest frontman ever...

BTW, I find his moves nowadays soooooo artificial... I liked the way he moved back in the seventies (he moved on stage less than nowadays, even), staying at the mic and only shaking his hips and one leg.

It would be funny seeing him doing the Chicken Dance, though. But the Chicken Dance is Jagger's move par excellence, at least for me.

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Posted by: Rutger ()
Date: August 19, 2005 18:48

Back then he didn't really think about his moves I think. They came naturally with the music. These days with camera's all over the place he's much more focused on what he's doing (he even practised his moves). He kind of has to re-invent himself.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: August 19, 2005 19:13

pre-planning stage moves

how un-rock n roll and middle aged is that ?

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: August 19, 2005 23:09

GREAT POST CHELSEA! THAT'S EXACTLY RIGHT! NO ONE MOVES BETTER THAN JAGGER! He is the ultimate, even when he's just dangling his arms, it looks great! No one compares!

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: August 20, 2005 03:52

Chelsea, that post was perfect!

In LA L&G opened in Century City. HUGE screen, with quad sound pumped out of amps that were stacked to the ceiling! It was like going to a concert!

Jagger was amazing in that film...there are moments that are frozen in time that I still can recall--dancing as the horns blare away during the finish of All Down the Line--a look exchanged with Keith as they sing Bye Bye Johnnie together...

When I saw the Stones in '75, you could see the results of the karate training that Mick had gotten. It was more..choppy. In several different mags at the time he made references to having constipation and taking medicine for it, so that probably didn't help his moves either!

Your description of Mick in L&G nailed it.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 20, 2005 04:00

Just lurv Mick's moves in the mid sixties where he hunched them shoulders.. pouted that bottom lip like a slut...clapped hands beside his face and did that James Brown style dance on one foot across da stage...and the girls all cream and scream .....AAAAHHHH!!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: August 20, 2005 08:14

does anyone realize he's 62 years old! will u do his moves at 62? i'm tired of the bashing and comparing to when he was 35 years old! your body doesn't move the same at 62(as far as i know) i don't know a person at age 62 that can move like Mick so SHUT UP!HE'S NOT 35 , HE'S 62! i theorize that he makes more movements without really moving to make it look like he's really moving. it's the same in any sport. u get older and lose a step and compensate for it. he's obviously lost a step and is compensating for it. I know this. At age 62 I couldn't move or dance like him! So lay off bashers until u can do it like '72!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 20, 2005 08:55

Easy easy...I'm not bashin' Mick matter of fact I love the boy. Just mentioned a certain period and style of dance.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: August 20, 2005 09:00

I especially like Mick's moves during Paint It Black on Four Flicks. He's the Man, right!

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: August 20, 2005 09:14

Sorry guys(or girls) but I have to defend the man who defies age and time!!
There will never be another one like him folks. u will see singers that stand there and expect applause instead of earn it!!!!!

Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: August 20, 2005 18:09

I don't understand why Mick tries so hard these days. His moves do look so unnatural and they do make me cringe. His moves in the 60's and 70s were so naturally brilliant and weren't over the top.
I don't believe Mick can twist and twirl like he used to - he's definitely tightened up. His natural rhythm left him in the early eighties and he's replaced it with more choreographed moves. The windmill arm movements etc remind me of the kind of stretching movements that are often done down the gym but they really don't relate to the music.
Jagger's moves (pre-eighties) were a perfect integration with the rhythm of the music but now Jagger's older these new moves just look stupid.

Posted by: sirjagger ()
Date: August 20, 2005 19:21

Do that stage-act when Ur over 60years old!!..mm and see if You can!!..Thumbs Up for Mick Jagger!!!......and if that´s his way to act and to celebrate his music..let him do that! ;=) ..

Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: August 20, 2005 19:35

sirjagger my point is i don't know why Mick is so intent on proving he can do those moves. Mick should just concentrate on his singing and if if in doing so he feels the need to move (stamp his foot,clap his hands, shake his hips etc.) so be it. When i saw on the Four Flicks documentary Mick practicing the moves i dislike so much with a choreographer it only reinforced the fact that in my opinion it's completely unneccessary.

Posted by: sirjagger ()
Date: August 20, 2005 19:37

ok...I see Ur point!..I Likes his moves,but I am open mind and agree infact with Your point that singing comes first!..

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: August 20, 2005 19:52

When the place is rocking and the crowd's loving it his moves are @#$%& great! But when you watch it on a DVD you don't really feel that energy so it tends to look strange.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1544
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home