Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Am I the only one...
Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: August 19, 2005 11:16

Am I the only person who is trying NOT to get hold of the all the songs from the new album before it is released? I get such enjoyment out of buying the album, looking at the artwork and lyrics in anticipation all the way home... And then, once I get home, put the album on and - FINALLY - get to hear it. It is THAT moment I seek, but it is hard to withstand the temptation to download snippets or even full versions of songs.

I have, of course, been listening to RJ, ONNYA, SOL (not much) and BOMH. However, these are kind of publicly available and are not, therefore, cheating. (ONNYA I haven't heard the album version).

I think that downloading the songs before the album is released is kind of like sneaking a peek at your presents before Christmas. It's hard to resist...

Re: Am I the only one...
Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: August 19, 2005 11:23

No you are not the only one. I am making a point to not listen to them. I could not help sampling all the cuts on amazon, right? Then today I see the notice about rs.com and This place is empty and It won't be long. I did check out 1 minute of IWBL but did not even touch TPIE. I am like you. If I know all the tunes piecemeal, I will miss out on that incrtedible big bang, rush when I have the NEW ALBUM in my hand. The actual shrinkwrapped CD by the Stones and I put it in the playter and put on the headphones and crank it to 11.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 19, 2005 11:31

I heard SOL, RJ and ONNYA (PC and PC rehearsal). Then I heard a few clips, but it wasn't many. All I remember is that Sweet Neocon reminded me of Just Wanna See His Face from EOMS.

I wanna be surprised when I get it. If I know all the stuff before it gets out it would be like pissing up the Stones legs (No offense to Gaz though).

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: riffhard72 ()
Date: August 19, 2005 12:06

No - you're definately NOT the only one!

Obviously I heard ONNYA from the PC and I did d/l SOF, RJ & BOMY from itunes, so that's about it. I also clicked on the samples from Amazon, but that was last week and I can't remember what they sound like now! LOL!

So, I'm definately looking forward to the release!!

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: August 19, 2005 12:14

Count me in as well, waiting for the album god help the neighbors!!!!!

Posted by: millerman ()
Date: August 19, 2005 12:27

me too, have just heard ONNYA (pc version) and RJ. I would like to just sit back in the coach with a cold beer and put the new album on and it will all be "first timers"

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 19, 2005 14:48

I always get a kick out of hearing the songs for the first time. I heard "Rough Justice" a couple of days ago on Sirius. Until the CD is released, I continue to go nuts when I hear the songs on the radio.

Posted by: keefstheman ()
Date: August 19, 2005 14:56

I'm not even going to buy the new album....Limewire, baby! Load onto the Ipod and I'm golden!

Posted by: Jackass ()
Date: August 19, 2005 15:00

I'm with you Chelsea. I've heard RJ and SOL a couple of times each and ONNYA once from the rehearsels on their website. I'm the exact same way, get the album and listen to the entirety with notes and all. I'm not a downloader so I don't go there.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 19, 2005 16:17

i haven't touched the amazon snippets, but this morning when i saw those four whole tracks up on rs.com i went for 'em - and now i can't stop listening to them. smile smile smile, yeah they got me *again*, those splendid bastards ...

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Date: August 19, 2005 16:25

i'll download it
then buy the disk used

i'm all about the downloading

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 19, 2005 19:21

new albums are like new cars - they're only "new" once. really doesn't matter when you first listen to it.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 20, 2005 06:49

sjs: No you are not by yourself. I'll buy it after the tour.

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: August 20, 2005 07:09

I don't follow you.
It's like a pregnant woman : do you wan't to know male or female?
Oh no, i want a surprise
Shit, i can give you the surprise right now but without the babe.
Yesterday i discovered two new songs and it was a big surprise...

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: August 20, 2005 13:42

Heard Rough Justice for the first time this morning (and the fifth) when I got the single. Streets Of Love sounds a lot better than on Virgin AM radio, RJ has a punk/All Down The Line feel with bluesy lyrics (using animals as a metaphor). It's still growing on me.

I will wait for the album but I am not turning the radio off if they preview the songs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1113
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home