Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 19 of 22
Re: Buenos Aires show-1 La Plata 07-Feb-2016 Rolling Stones live updates
Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: February 8, 2016 15:27

Killer show, the guitars were so loud that my ears are still ringing, for moments it seemed like the loudest band on earth (the ending of Paint It Black and Midnight Rambler for example) or the whole JJF and Satisfaction.
Just to note, the 4G connection is very bad in Argentina, sometimes you don't even get a decent 3G speed, the internet connection is much better in Chile or Brasil, I am very surprised that someome could telescope part of the show.

I've got 3 more shows this tour, the next two here and Uruguay, let's hope for more surprises as ASMB, it was a highlight last night, the song was a massive hit here on 1997 and the crowd was very into it.

Rolling Stones - La Plata Argentina, February 7 2016
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 8, 2016 15:29

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-12 19:34 by bye bye johnny.

Date: February 8, 2016 15:30

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-12 19:34 by bye bye johnny.

Date: February 8, 2016 15:31

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-12 19:35 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 8, 2016 15:47

DandelionPowderman
with sssoul
Oh and: Great jacket, Keith! xox

Where is the blue jacket? winking smiley

Where do you think??!! winking smiley

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 8, 2016 15:54

Thanks as ever, bbj, for digging out some amazing photos.

Wow - I've never experienced such an audience before *ever*! From the first row lower tier on Keith's side we had the most fantastic overview and it was a spectacle to behold. Not to mention deafening! We spoke to both Tim Ries and Darryl after and all they could talk about was the audience and how incredible it was up there on stage for them. They were absolutely buzzing from it & it all made for a great show overall, with PIB as a stand-out for me.

We hired a private car to go to and from the stadium and it was a breeze. No traffic jams in sight. It actually took slightly less time getting back than going - not much more than an hour. We saw no violence at all - just a feel-good crowd. No alcohol is sold in the stadium.

Tim and Bernard will be playing at the Thelonius Club on Friday at midnight, with some kind of tango element involved.

Anita is here too. She still dresses with that cool flair.

Date: February 8, 2016 15:56

latebloomer
DandelionPowderman
with sssoul
Oh and: Great jacket, Keith! xox

Where is the blue jacket? winking smiley

Where do you think??!! winking smiley

LOL!

Date: February 8, 2016 15:57

Beast

Wow - I've never experienced such an audience before *ever*! From the first row lower tier on Keith's side we had the most fantastic overview and it was a spectacle to behold. Not to mention deafening! We spoke to both Tim Ries and Darryl after and all they could talk about was the audience and how incredible it was up there on stage for them. They were absolutely buzzing from it & it all made for a great show overall, with PIB as a stand-out for me.

We hired a private car to go to and from the stadium and it was a breeze. No traffic jams in sight. It actually took slightly less time getting back than going - not much more than an hour. We saw no violence at all - just a feel-good crowd. No alcohol is sold in the stadium.

Tim and Bernard will be playing at the Thelonius Club on Friday at midnight, with some kind of tango element involved.

thumbs up

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 8, 2016 16:02

GlimmerGirl24
Nate
ChefGuevara
Things got rough outside the stadium

[youtu.be]

At several times in this video you can clearly hear gunshots I hope no one was seriously hurt.

Nate thumbs up

The police were using rubber bullets to stop the ticketless from forcing their way into the stadium.

Ok I hope no one was hurt,I don't know anything about guns or bullets but in the video you can see some metal bullet casings on the street and what looked like it may have been a bit of blood on the street it's hard to make out in the video as I say I don't know anything about guns or bullets so maybe rubber bullets have metal casings anyway.

Nate

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 8, 2016 16:22

The Buenos Aires Herald report: [buenosairesherald.com]

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: February 8, 2016 16:26

Nate
GlimmerGirl24
Nate
ChefGuevara
Things got rough outside the stadium

[youtu.be]

At several times in this video you can clearly hear gunshots I hope no one was seriously hurt.

Nate thumbs up

The police were using rubber bullets to stop the ticketless from forcing their way into the stadium.

Ok I hope no one was hurt,I don't know anything about guns or bullets but in the video you can see some metal bullet casings on the street and what looked like it may have been a bit of blood on the street it's hard to make out in the video as I say I don't know anything about guns or bullets so maybe rubber bullets have metal casings anyway.

Nate

Riots at a Stones concert? How long ago is that?....

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Date: February 8, 2016 16:26

Nice to see Can't Be Seen mentioned as a hit grinning smiley

Thanks for posting, with sssoul thumbs up

Date: February 8, 2016 16:42

I'd say Chuck's chord right before the bridge really came out of left field for Mick. He didn't recover before after the first chorus grinning smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: February 8, 2016 17:05

Great show, crazy audience and very hard work last night to make some decent pics but managed to get a few good ones:

Hendrik Mulder

Date: February 8, 2016 17:13

Awesome pictures, Hendrik! thumbs up

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: February 8, 2016 17:19

[m.youtube.com]

Pro shot of iorr and SMU
(it's the mobile Version of yt, sorry for that, I am writing with my mobile)

Date: February 8, 2016 17:20

Yes great photos again Hendrick
Do you mind saying what camera you took the pictures with?

Thanks

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: February 8, 2016 17:21

ASMB was a rough go for Mick. He struggled with his in-ear monitor, then wandered over to Bernard to right himself. ... This is ultimately why they have trouble mixing up the setlist. Despite rehearsing them for hours, they end up in a ditch onstage. It's a vicious circle: they work up something like Silver Train; they try it live and it's so-so. And because it's so-so, the audience reception is lukewarm. Which reinforces Mick's risk-aversion.

Date: February 8, 2016 17:28

Mel Belli
ASMB was a rough go for Mick. He struggled with his in-ear monitor, then wandered over to Bernard to right himself. ... This is ultimately why they have trouble mixing up the setlist. Despite rehearsing them for hours, they end up in a ditch onstage. It's a vicious circle: they work up something like Silver Train; they try it live and it's so-so. And because it's so-so, the audience reception is lukewarm. Which reinforces Mick's risk-aversion.

Then again, songs like Memory Motel, Factory Girl, Worried About You, Around And Around, Respectable and She's So Cold work pretty well.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: February 8, 2016 17:42

StonedRambler
Am I the only one who finds MR boring since Mick Taylor does not play on it anymore?

Yes. What a @#$%& great version that was yesterday.

Date: February 8, 2016 17:54

Oh man, seeing the Stones in concert is one thing......seeing the Stones in concert in Argentina is something else! Everything you have ever heard about the passion of the Argentinian fans is true. An extraordinary spectacle in itself to witness the singing, dancing and partying.
It was a long show as well, I think it clocked in at around 2hours 20minutes or so . I spoke to Darryl afterwards and mentioned this and he said he felt it flew by and it was probably due to all the audience singing and chanting between songs that extended the gig. He said he was having so much fun and the whole band just love playing here.

Posted by: Georges ()
Date: February 8, 2016 18:05

Thank you very much for such great pics and review.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: February 8, 2016 18:08

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-16 07:44 by colonial.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 8, 2016 18:15

Nate

It's a Sony DSC-WX500 - due to the very nice pictures in the Santiago de Chile Live-Thread I was interested too in the camera model and found it in the EXIF-data of the pictures.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: February 8, 2016 18:22

Mel Belli

Of course, I've only heard ASBM from last night's show on youtube, but to me it's on par with most versions I've heard from Bridges to Babylon tour - and the reception was great. Did you hear the crowd singing along with the bass riff? I honestly expected them to play a few songs from Voodoo and/or Babylon as those records were hugely popular in Argentina when they came out. Hoping for Saint of Me before they leave Argentina!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-08 18:23 by The Worst..

Date: February 8, 2016 18:23

Irix
Nate

It's a Sony DSC-WX500 - due to the very nice pictures in the Santiago de Chile Live-Thread I was interested too in the camera model and found it in the EXIF-data of the pictures.

Thanks very much for the info.
I will be taking a Nikon Coolpix P100 bridge camera to Brazil,does anyone know if I will be allowed to take this camera into the concert?

Thanks

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: February 8, 2016 18:28

Beast

Thanks Beast for the report - hugs to you and Paul!!!

Are you going to Mexico City?

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: February 8, 2016 18:53

I like how they finished ASMB. And Keith was committed…..nice!!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 8, 2016 18:54

Hendrik
Great show, crazy audience and very hard work last night to make some decent pics but managed to get a few good ones

Yes you sure did, Hendrik! Thanks so much for sharing them
You love the Stones' faces, don't you
Me too

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: February 8, 2016 18:57

Beast

sounds like an otherworldly experience! thanks for being there for all of us

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 19 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1626
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home