Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

40 Licks and Best Buy
Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: August 18, 2005 07:04

Someone at my local (well the buildings here anyway, of course the people, ((corporation)) that actually own it are god knows where) music shop after being asked by me about the new single coming out, (of which he knew nothing) went on to tell me that when 40 Licks was released here in the states, the only place you could buy it for several weeks was at Best Buy stores because The Stones (management, whoever), had signed an exclusive contract with them for it's commercial release. Is this true? He then went on to tell me how they pulled the whole Stones catalog from their shelves in protest and that other artists have done similar things since. I'd like to hear any feedback, (loud is better!) anyone has on this. Thanks.

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Re: 40 Licks and Best Buy
Posted by: Pserchia ()
Date: August 18, 2005 07:33

You're thinking of the release strategy in 2003 for Four Flicks, I believe.

Re: 40 Licks and Best Buy
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 18, 2005 09:06

Yes, it was the Four Flicks DVD that Best Buy and Future Shop (in Canada) had exclusive rights. I know in Canada there were a couple of major record chains that pulled all Stones CD's and DVD's because of this.

I believe some artists like Alanis are now selling CD's exclusively at Starbucks in the States. Not sure about Canadian Starbucks outlets. Are there Starbucks outside of North America?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1505
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home