Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Which full members of the Stones interact on IORR
Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: January 29, 2016 16:57

Bliss
Mick used to post on his old board under a pseudonym. A few people knew it was him. He had a very distinctive style, which I have not seen here.

That's exactly what I wanted to say, alieb. Can we please have some more, Bliss? I long to know.

I am dead.flowers, but I am neither a full nor any other type of member of the Stones. smiling bouncing smiley

EDIT: grammar (tricky though)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-29 17:00 by dead.flowers.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: January 29, 2016 17:22

dcba
Doxa is Mick Jagger.
Mathijs is Pierre de Beauport.

But ssssshhhhhh...

I am Brian! And so is my wife!

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-29 17:24 by Happy24.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 29, 2016 17:41

I could believe Doxa being Mick, but Mathijs not really. Reason for that is he seems to be a Taylorite and I don't think they'd have haim around if that were the case. Just my thought there.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 29, 2016 19:04

frankotero
I could believe Doxa being Mick, but Mathijs not really. Reason for that is he seems to be a Taylorite

I really don't think Mathijs's a Taylorite. Re-read some epic jousts about the 69-74 years vs the 75-82 years. For example Mathijs puts Hampton'81 as the greatest Stones show ever.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: January 30, 2016 00:26

Phelge of course is 100% rock solid who he says he is.

Unsurprisingly when he first posted years ago on Undercover (even before IORR existed) his claims were treated very cynically (No-one in the internet knows that you're a dog etc).

But he was able to prove it and his postings were, and still are, very much welcomed.

There was also a mysterious (probably) lady who called herself 'mudabove' who posted on Undercover. She vigorously asserted that she was a close associate of Mick and would try to prove it by saying things like "Mick will be wearing a pink shirt tomorrow" and then when he did that was considered proof. In her case, I think that no-one either fully believed, or disbelieved her! Case not made either way.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: January 30, 2016 05:06

If I was in a band traveling the world, and people were posting videos and experiences of my shows, I'd be reading them. As far as interacting, why not? If DB and BD have on their sites, why wouldn't the Stones? And, who would be most likely to post, in my opinion? MJ. Why? Because he can. And, I would expect that he likes to mess with people, especially the ones he doesn't like.

If the Stones are not posting, though, they are reading, to some extent. Of course! It's one of their fan sites! It's a click away to see what people are saying about you. I'm sure this place has brought grief and heartache, too, along with some laughs. So, try to keep it upbeat and nice, 'cause stars are humans, too, and have feelings, like you and me.

It's always good to spread the love, 'cause people won't be around forever, as we all know.

On that note~ Love you, Stones! Especially Mick. But, you others, too! And "break a leg" in S America! Enjoy your shows! God speed. Muah!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 30, 2016 06:53

The only "celebs" I have interacted with, to my knowledge, on this forum are Mr Phelge and Chuck Berry JR. Both nice guys, of course.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 30, 2016 06:54

Straycat13
And, who would be most likely to post, in my opinion? MJ. Why? Because he can. And, I would expect that he likes to mess with people, especially the ones he doesn't like.

So it's possible Mick was a regular who BV unknowingly banned...

Posted by: HamburgerToGo ()
Date: January 30, 2016 08:16

So Sorry, but you folks are daft.

Kindly consider the Rampant Negativity on these boards!

The lads have Absolutely ZERO Interest in the rancid tripe that is, regrettably, tossed around all-too-often Here.

And all of these supposed "Insiders" with their "Inside Information"?

With all respect to them and their followers, They are Quite Stuffed With Shite.

Enjoy the SA Gigs!

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: January 30, 2016 09:29

Mud Above was telling the truth, Captain. She worked in the wardrobe department

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: January 30, 2016 09:36

I think Mick J. has been lurking on every Stones board since the days of Usenet. He knows every embarrassing thing you posted in the .alt and .rec groups.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: January 30, 2016 10:56

Stoneage
The only "celebs" I have interacted with, to my knowledge, on this forum are Mr Phelge and Chuck Berry JR. Both nice guys, of course.

What are the names of these people that you've interacted with?

Olly.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 30, 2016 11:27

JamesPhelge00 .... CBII

ROCKMAN

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 30, 2016 11:28

Olly
Stoneage

What are the names of these people that you've interacted with?

James Phelge posts as James Phelge (with some number appended, if memory serves).
Chuck Berry Jr posts as CBII. Both very fine people indeed

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: January 30, 2016 12:29

Lisa talked about reading iorr in an interview discussed in this thread.

She said : "Years ago I did [read iorr], but it has its highs and lows. I decided it was better to stay mentally and emotionally healthy by not reading it."

It's not easy to read bad feeling comments even if it is or not justified.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: January 30, 2016 14:33

That's what I'm saying. Slander puts a bitter taste in people's mouths, and when it harms a loved one, it can be even worse. People are drawn by love and repelled by hate.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: January 30, 2016 17:34

It's safe to say someone might look at the shows reviews during a tour. Tell Me forum is another story.

IORR is unchallenged website in that perspective.

Some Stones insiders (guitar techs, engineers... ) would find the most precise feedback from the most skilled audience, show after show, on what went well and what was screwed up the night before. No journalist attending a Stones show every three year can compete with that.

This is real information coming from some people with extremely trained ear, some of them with over 100 shows on the meter, so it would be a waste to totally ignore it.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: January 30, 2016 18:28

HamburgerToGo
So Sorry, but you folks are daft.

Kindly consider the Rampant Negativity on these boards!

The lads have Absolutely ZERO Interest in the rancid tripe that is, regrettably, tossed around all-too-often Here.

And all of these supposed "Insiders" with their "Inside Information"?

With all respect to them and their followers, They are Quite Stuffed With Shite.

Enjoy the SA Gigs!
right because the Stones are not cynical or chatty. Ronnie used to phone musicians from Penny Saver while on the road due to boredom. I have no doubt they read stuff here for laughs.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: February 1, 2016 08:32

dead.flowers
Bliss
Mick used to post on his old board under a pseudonym. A few people knew it was him. He had a very distinctive style, which I have not seen here.

That's exactly what I wanted to say, alieb. Can we please have some more, Bliss? I long to know.

I am dead.flowers, but I am neither a full nor any other type of member of the Stones. smiling bouncing smiley

EDIT: grammar (tricky though)

For the life of me, I can't remember what the pseudonym was. What I do recall about that board was a poster called Bryan Burch who posted under the name Tadvague. He claimed to have had extensive personal contact with Mick and Jerry, none of it good. He claimed thay had stolen his idea for Austin Powers and something else, and had promised to buy him a house, etc etc etc. He was also very bitter about Christopher Gibb, Mick's friend, and his sister Jane, who writes for one of the big English papers.

Maybe someone else can chime in with some more info.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 1, 2016 08:48

Rocky Dijon
Straycat13
And, who would be most likely to post, in my opinion? MJ. Why? Because he can. And, I would expect that he likes to mess with people, especially the ones he doesn't like.

Tod?

Date: February 1, 2016 09:09

The Joker
It's safe to say someone might look at the shows reviews during a tour. Tell Me forum is another story.

IORR is unchallenged website in that perspective.

Some Stones insiders (guitar techs, engineers... ) would find the most precise feedback from the most skilled audience, show after show, on what went well and what was screwed up the night before. No journalist attending a Stones show every three year can compete with that.

This is real information coming from some people with extremely trained ear, some of them with over 100 shows on the meter, so it would be a waste to totally ignore it.

damn good point joker.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 1, 2016 13:36

treaclefingers
Rocky Dijon
Straycat13

Tod?
exactly, that makes total sence to me !!!

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: February 1, 2016 15:55

TheGreek
treaclefingers
Rocky Dijon
Straycat13

Tod?

Didn't some papers think the Stones looked like monkeys in the beginning? (or was it The Monkees?).
I think Mick's preudonym was Baboon Bro.

Date: February 1, 2016 15:58

Thommie
TheGreek
treaclefingers
Rocky Dijon
Straycat13

Tod?

Didn't some papers think the Stones looked like monkeys in the beginning? (or was it The Monkees?).

If so, the Stones would have played Budapest more often? smiling smiley

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: February 1, 2016 16:00

DandelionPowderman
Thommie
TheGreek
treaclefingers
Rocky Dijon
Straycat13

Tod?

If so, the Stones would have played Budapest more often? smiling smiley

Right!thumbs up

Date: February 1, 2016 17:02

dcba
Thommie
honestly, I think the Stones themselves avoid visiting forums like this one.

I'm sure Mick is a lurker here, as well as Chuck L. Keef and CW couldn't be bothered though...

I'm just glad as i'm sure you all are, that Chuck is finally being recognized as a full member by us fans, as he has been for a long time by the band.

On another note, could we refer to this position as 'band mate' instead, as 'full member' sounds a bit off-colour.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: February 1, 2016 18:51

RollingFreak
I don't think any of the real Stones members interact here. Let's face it, Charlie probably couldn't care less, Keith probably doesn't even know how to use a computer, Mick Taylor probably doesn't even own one, Bill Wyman is probably snoring 24/7. The only people it could be would be Mick or Ronnie, and I don't think either have nearly enough time to waste themselves with this. Mick is on the move constantly, and the only way I could see him here is if it was a PR thing for fans. Ronnie, I guess he could but I just figure he'd rather party than sit on the computer.

This is very, very funny, Rolling!

Posted by: JamesPhelge00 ()
Date: February 2, 2016 03:12

CaptainCorella
le to prove it and his postings were, and still are, very much welcomed.

There was also a mysterious (probably) lady who called herself 'mudabove' who posted on Undercover. She vigorously asserted that she was a close associate of Mick and would try to prove it by saying things like "Mick will be wearing a pink shirt tomorrow" and then when he did that was considered proof. In her case, I think that no-one either fully believed, or disbelieved her! Case not made either way.

Mudabove once emailed me and asked if I knew Linda Keith - I told her yes but she never replied. So maybe it was her. LK was also friends with journ0 Kathy Etchingham - so maybe it could have been her too.

I thought it was more like a "Do you remember me?" type question.

Phelge

www.phelge.com

Posted by: lucifrshmr ()
Date: February 2, 2016 06:18

Phelge,
Do you know Chris Eborn?

Fred

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-02 06:20 by lucifrshmr.

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: February 3, 2016 09:24

Love your book, James Phelge. Mud Above is neither Linda nor Kathy. Mud is much younger than those historic ladies. I called her and spoke to her about them after reading your post.

Mud says Keith will wear red and hot pink tonight. Let's see if she still can work magic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-03 09:29 by chatoyancy.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1921
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home