Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7
Re: Olé Tour setlist speculations...
Posted by: franzk ()
Date: February 3, 2016 15:51

MacLaurens
MacLaurens
Has it ever happened that the setlist has been leaked out before the concert?

I don't know, but several times they rehearsed the song vote winner song in the stadum soundcheck before the concert.

Yes I know. But I mean the whole setlist

I remember a few times someone posted a photo of the setlist before the end of the show, but I don't remeber wheter it was before the show started.

Posted by: Handova ()
Date: February 3, 2016 18:16

Undercover Of The Night.

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: February 3, 2016 18:51

They will start with "Off the hook" or "Down the road apiece". Would be Awesome

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: February 3, 2016 19:00

Stoneage
What do you think? Will they throw in any new songs (as opposed to the 2014-15 tours) in this upcoming tour? And if so: Which songs would that be?
Personally I think they will play one or two "new" (or rare rather) songs during these 15 Latin America concerts. But I haven't a clue which ones...

no chances, just war horses.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 3, 2016 19:43

MacLaurens
MacLaurens

I don't know, but several times they rehearsed the song vote winner song in the stadum soundcheck before the concert.

Yes I know. But I mean the whole setlist

That happened minutes before or just after the start of the Waldbühne concert in 2014.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 3, 2016 19:53

MacLaurens

They rehearsed the song vote winner in Paris 2014 (Bitch), with thousands of fans listening outside.

2 days before Oslo 2014, they performed a full show rehearsal behind closed doors at the concert venue with what proved to be the the exact setlist of the actual show. But they left some windows open so that the 30-40 of us outside could listen winking smiley

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 3, 2016 20:06

To be honest Gregor, the sound that Saturday afternoon was excellent all the way round Telenor Arena.
I walked all the way round and if anything, it was slightly better at other end of Arena from where they all drove in and out.
I remember it all so well as I bumped into Chuck and his wife soon after leaving you near The Stones hotel. We also saw Mick Taylor having a stroll as well.
Great Days. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: February 3, 2016 20:29

Honky tonk women and Under my time were really good. But i think it will be jjf or start me up

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 3, 2016 20:33

crawdaddy
To be honest Gregor, the sound that Saturday afternoon was excellent all the way round Telenor Arena.
I walked all the way round and if anything, it was slightly better at other end of Arena from where they all drove in and out.
I remember it all so well as I bumped into Chuck and his wife soon after leaving you near The Stones hotel. We also saw Mick Taylor having a stroll as well.
Great Days. >grinning smiley<

Great days indeed and my best Stones gig of my lifetime 21 for hanging out by a mile, even though the gig itself had a couple of hiccups winking smiley (Can't be Seen, anyone ???)

On that Saturday I moved round to the opposite end of the Telenor later and agree - the sound was much better there. The Core Stones were all in different hotels though Mick T & Ronnie were in the same one. Mick T signed autographs. Ronnie came out for a fag with his minder but wasn't for doing autographs. I got decent photos of both, but didn't quite match your coup of meeting Mr Leavell winking smiley

I was actually back at the Telenor last July for the McCartney show, sitting roughly where you did. The end oppposite the stage was tarped off and it was all seats on the floor. Good show but the Telenor really is not the best venue. The ventilation is very poor indeed with many people sweating a lot. I saw several people being taking out of the Stones gig after fainting.

Very good as he was, there definitely wasn't anywhere near the same buzz of excitement for McCartney as there was for the Stones. cool smiley

I tend to think it'll be a conservative setlist tonight with maybe a surprise or 2 (but not more). If there's to be a Bowie tribute I hope they do 'Rebel Rebel' as I believe the Stones could play it very well. In fact the 1st time I heard it - on a tinny radio as a teenager, I actually thought it was the Stones confused smiley

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: February 3, 2016 21:12

some of the biggest douches on the planet are people who bitch about the songs the stones play live-

first off, you havent seen them that many times.if you've seen 35 or 40 shows it was most likely over the course of years,maybe decades.acting above it all and bored would be much more believable coming from people not on a stones message board.in other words,seeing keith hammering out jumping jack flash is old news?get real.

anyway the truth is, if you go over the setlists from the last 25 years they've done maybe a hundred songs in addition to the warhorses and there's a chance of hearing a new one or 2 on this tour.

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: February 3, 2016 21:57

Gomper

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 3, 2016 22:06

I actually forgot about a Bowie tribute and haven't heard anything about it in rehearsal posts.

Hope they do have a tribute of some sort to David Bowie.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: February 3, 2016 22:06

andrea66
Honky tonk women and Under my time were really good. But i think it will be jjf or start me up

Out Of Thumb was also really good! grinning smiley

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: February 3, 2016 22:25

jumpin' jack flash burned so hot in SD i'd guess that. just wondering how crazy the crowd gets.

Posted by: MacLaurens ()
Date: February 3, 2016 22:34

I think that they will use the save card and open with JJF the first shows and SMU later on during the tour

Posted by: Moonshine ()
Date: February 3, 2016 22:52

Let it Rock or Rough Justice both great openers.

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: February 3, 2016 22:53

rbk
It's going to be the same basic show as last summer. Open with SMU or JJF. End with YCAGWYW and Satisfaction. 15-16 other warhorses and a quasi-ringer or two in between.

I know these things. I just do.

You are right, unfortunately

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: February 4, 2016 14:14

Stones50
rbk
It's going to be the same basic show as last summer. Open with SMU or JJF. End with YCAGWYW and Satisfaction. 15-16 other warhorses and a quasi-ringer or two in between.

I know these things. I just do.

You are right, unfortunately

Toldyaso.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: February 4, 2016 14:32

So no "Pressure Drop" sad smiley

Probably they just played it for fun as part of their warming jam at the rehearsal.

After all I am not too disappointed cause we got "She's A Rainbow" smiling smiley

Still have a very little hope for "Pressure Drop"

maybe in Buenos Aires?

Come on Stones!

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-04 14:38 by 1962.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: February 4, 2016 14:48

RipThisBone
andrea66

Out Of Thumb was also really good! grinning smiley

>grinning smiley<

Makes you wonder what 'jjf' would stand for... smoking smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 4, 2016 16:33

So most likely the only thing that will change is the internet request and possibly Out Of Control for something else. Well, that's songs from 1965 to 1997, most of them from 1968-1972.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: February 4, 2016 21:06

Not playing the fantastic Doom And Gloom to a SA-audience is a major crime. They would have loved it, just like the unfortunately also not performed You Got Me Rocking. Once again no song from Dirty Work, very disappointing as far as I´m concerned.

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: February 4, 2016 23:22

Stones songs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-05 11:50 by everwest1.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 5, 2016 02:27

Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo in Brazil pleaseeeee

Nate cool smiley

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: February 5, 2016 04:20

I like the One hit to the body idea that would be great to open to!!!

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: February 5, 2016 05:42

HMS
Not playing the fantastic Doom And Gloom to a SA-audience is a major crime. They would have loved it, just like the unfortunately also not performed You Got Me Rocking. Once again no song from Dirty Work, very disappointing as far as I´m concerned.

No Mick Taylor here is disappointing, a crime for South American fans, at least the US, Europe and Asia/Australia got to see them in full.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: February 5, 2016 12:30

SA-audiences see them IN FULL. Haughty Mick Taylor isnt a band member for 40 years now. I personally hope he will never ever again show up at one stage with the Stones. I´m lucky the noodling guy is out now, hopefully forever.

Songs the Stones can play live which are not war horses
Posted by: MacLaurens ()
Date: February 5, 2016 19:10

What songs do the Stones manage to play live, nowadays, which not are war horses?

For example:
Heartbreaker
Sweet Virginia
Moonlight Mile
She's A Rainbow

Of course they can rehearse and play many songs from their catalogue. But what songs are realistic that they could play on stage?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-05 19:12 by MacLaurens.

Re: Songs the Stones can play live which are not war horses
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 5, 2016 19:40

See this list: [timeisonourside.com] and simply deduct the war horses ....

Re: Songs the Stones can play live which are not war horses
Posted by: Olly ()
Date: February 5, 2016 20:11

This Tour we may see, based on recent performances:

'All Down The Line'
'Before They Make Me Run' (could be considered a 'war horse')
'Bitch'
'Can't You Hear Me Knocking'

The song vote could include anything, but often includes:

'She's So Cold'
'Like A Rolling Stone'
'Street Fighting Man' (could be considered a 'war horse')

As evidenced in Chile, there's always the possibility of one genuine surprise.

Olly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-05 20:12 by Olly.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1685
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home