Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: Jerry Hall engaged to Rupert Murdoch
Posted by: JamesMadison ()
Date: January 13, 2016 17:12

I think Rupert Murdoch could have done better. Look at Sumner Redstone's fiance. Redstone owns CBS and is worth about $5.5 billion. The girl thought Redstone was 82 and refused to marry him. He told her he was really 92 and then she said well, okay.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-13 17:16 by JamesMadison.

Posted by: Voodookitten76 ()
Date: January 13, 2016 18:01

desertblues68
TornAndFried
Aquamarine
TornAndFried
there's a good chance that Mick will end up alone at the end of his life.

I think this is highly unlikely.

How is unlikely? Mick is now 72 and its been over 2 years since his last serious relationship and he still appears to be seeing that young ballerina from New York on and off but we can't consider that too serious. Just another of his ego-boosting diversions. Maybe he doesn't want to be attached. Who knows? But approaching old age and eventually, death are not too far off.

He has said in interviews that marriage works other people, but not for him and he seems to find monogamy challenging. Maybe in the future he might find a long-term companion again. But he will always have someone by his side whether in more or less serious relationship.

Exactly. I seriously doubt he envies other people's marriages. Mick never wants to marry again. But he certainly won't be alone at the end of his life either. He may or may not have a girlfriend (who, if he lives to be 100, may not even have been born yet!), but he'll definitely be surrounded by family.

He's a very devoted father, and as we saw when L'Wren passed, his children rallied around and supported him, especially Karis, who took care of the funeral arrangements and spent a lot of time with him on Mustique. If Mick is ever seriously ill, his children will be by his side through it.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 13, 2016 18:21

Voodookitten76
desertblues68
TornAndFried
Aquamarine
TornAndFried

How is unlikely? Mick is now 72 and its been over 2 years since his last serious relationship and he still appears to be seeing that young ballerina from New York on and off but we can't consider that too serious. Just another of his ego-boosting diversions. Maybe he doesn't want to be attached. Who knows? But approaching old age and eventually, death are not too far off.

He has said in interviews that marriage works other people, but not for him and he seems to find monogamy challenging. Maybe in the future he might find a long-term companion again. But he will always have someone by his side whether in more or less serious relationship.

Exactly. I seriously doubt he envies other people's marriages. Mick never wants to marry again. But he certainly won't be alone at the end of his life either. He may or may not have a girlfriend (who, if he lives to be 100, may not even have been born yet!), but he'll definitely be surrounded by family.

He's a very devoted father, and as we saw when L'Wren passed, his children rallied around and supported him, especially Karis, who took care of the funeral arrangements and spent a lot of time with him on Mustique. If Mick is ever seriously ill, his children will be by his side through it.

Yes they will and I would guess that Jerry Hall will be close by as well. She has always shown herself to be a loyal and caring friend to Mick. I don't think that will change because of her marriage to Murdoch.

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: January 13, 2016 18:26

Stones50
highgatehillbilly
one of the most repulsive things i've ever heard. he's one of the most despicable liars on this planet. i guess people will really do anything for money. deport him back to the penal colony and her to texas.

You must be talking about the Clintons

Stupid comment

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: January 13, 2016 19:01

yes, I am glad you agree you made a stupid comment.

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: January 13, 2016 19:16

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: January 13, 2016 19:40

In related news, Lisa Simpson is engaged to marry Mr. Burns.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-13 19:50 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: January 13, 2016 23:47

Stones50
highgatehillbilly
one of the most repulsive things i've ever heard. he's one of the most despicable liars on this planet. i guess people will really do anything for money. deport him back to the penal colony and her to texas.

You must be talking about the Clintons

You have no class.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 14, 2016 01:26

There we go again. Whichever subject, it always ends the same: Elephants arguing with donkeys!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 14, 2016 15:16

Don't feed the trolls. thumbs up

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 14, 2016 15:21

The Rolling Stones and its extended entourage (Wives, girl friends, children, Managers, sidemen) must be,apart from fictional characters (TV, Radio), nearly the longest running soap opera around.
Oh, except the UK Royals.
The Kennedy Dynasty seem to have faded out.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 14, 2016 18:54

TornAndFried
Aquamarine
TornAndFried

An ego-boosting diversion may be all he wants. I always enjoyed them (while single, of course).

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 14, 2016 18:56

Back to Jerry - she has never been my cup of tea as a beauty (horse face, mouth too big, etc.).

Bianca in the day was much more to my liking - brunette, dark complexion, brown eyes. That describes Mrs. Elmo excatly!

Note to Mick - don't pick up wives at discos.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: January 15, 2016 02:38

Well, there's no accounting for tastes - but I'm disappointed in hers.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: January 15, 2016 04:23

Jerry better get her defense skills up

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 15, 2016 08:19

Applicable content at 01:38 grinning smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: January 15, 2016 09:21

Deleted

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-15 13:58 by desertblues68.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 15, 2016 13:52

Wishing everyone who find true love all the best. Nothing is like sharing life with someone you love. I don't understand why some people always have biazed negative opinion because others are rich, pretty, ugly, old or whatever. May be it is jealousy or envy. Why can't we just say congratulations and best luck in life?

Bjornulf

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: January 15, 2016 17:56

it makes me think of "Bitch" , very dedicated song !

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 15, 2016 18:15

bv
Wishing everyone who find true love all the best. Nothing is like sharing life with someone you love. I don't understand why some people always have biazed negative opinion because others are rich, pretty, ugly, old or whatever. May be it is jealousy or envy. Why can't we just say congratulations and best luck in life?

thumbs up

Congratulations and best of luck to both of them!

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: January 15, 2016 18:18

chatoyancy
Jerry's political views are opposite of Rupert's. A few years ago at a protest at Heathrow Airport she said that the most important issue to her was climate change. Rupert recently bought the National Geographic and fired all the award-winning journalists who warn of climate change and the islands being devoured by rising oceans.

Any woman who cites climate change as a concern should be dumped immediately.
Man, is he going to regret marrying this old battle axe.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: January 15, 2016 18:21

StonedInTokyo
chatoyancy
Jerry's political views are opposite of Rupert's. A few years ago at a protest at Heathrow Airport she said that the most important issue to her was climate change. Rupert recently bought the National Geographic and fired all the award-winning journalists who warn of climate change and the islands being devoured by rising oceans.

Any woman who cites climate change as a concern should be dumped immediately.
Man, is he going to regret marrying this old battle axe.

Nice

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: January 15, 2016 19:08

Congratulations Jerry and Rupert!! Best of luck in your life together!!

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: January 15, 2016 19:21

Naturalust
Applicable content at 01:38 grinning smiley

[www.youtube.com]

grinning smiley

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: January 15, 2016 20:05

They are both adults and know what they're doing, even if they barely know each other at this point. I read that Rupert proposed marriage to his last wife on their first real date. That lasted a few years and produced a couple of kids for him, so he was happy for at least part of it. Until she wrote a torrid love letter to Tony Blair, so even political differences didn't stand in their way until later. Mazel Tov to these two upstanding, attractive citizens who do so much good for the world and work so hard for their money.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 15, 2016 20:11

chatoyancy
she said that the most important issue to her was climate change.

Maybe she was referring to menopause? smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-15 20:11 by Koen.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: January 15, 2016 20:16

Being Murdoch's stepson might help James Jagger's acting career more than being Mick Jagger's son.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 15, 2016 23:39

Anna Nicole Smith was married one year with oil tycoon J Howard Marshall,
then 89 years old. Which in 2011 rendered her $475 million after years of
legal affairs.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: January 16, 2016 00:51

Stoneage
Anna Nicole Smith was married one year with oil tycoon J Howard Marshall,
then 89 years old. Which in 2011 rendered her $475 million after years of