Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 77
Re: Stones 2016 tour rumors - North America etc
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 11, 2016 18:13

Nate
thecitadel
corriecas
Hairball
I don't think anything will happen in Europe until the Spring of '17 unfortunately.
The rumours of a return to the US in October are becoming louder by the day, and anything before that (Europe or anywhere else) seems unrealistic -
especially as there has been no rumours of that at all. First things first though - release a new record for crying out loud!

Jagger said last week, that they would return to the UK.
Jeroen

An off the cuff comment, to play to the UK audience. He often does that. I'm betting on 2017...

Yes Jagger did say last week that they will return to play in the uk and he also said that they would be announcing more shows in the coming months.I personally really hope they do some shows in the UK and a European tour summer 2017 would be fantastic but that's just my hopes.

The information I got at the end of last week was that the next shows that are being planned are for North America in October.

I will repeat what I've said before,you could not ask for a better source of information than the one I got.

Nate thumbs up

Thanks for clarifying all of that Nate!

Date: April 11, 2016 21:14

jambay
Would love to see a 6 week Fall U.S. tour running from LA, Denver, Chicago, Toronto, Boston, New York (MSG) with 2-3 shows in each city. That seems like easy money with sure sellouts for every show (maybe), especially if there is a new album and they are playing 3-4 (or 1) songs from it.

or... LA, SF, Seattle, Vancouver, Denver, Chicago, Toronto, Boston, New York (MSG)

Don't count out a show in Texas. Best selling show of the Zip Code Tour

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: April 11, 2016 22:01

Rip This
what utter BS.
Thousands aspire to play the Garden...few if any can sell it out multiple nights...it is a high point for any career...not to mention where one of the greatest live albums was ever recorded....factor in that 3 out of 4 Stones have lived in or near NYC for the last 40 years and what you have is a second home for them...

CORRECT!

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: April 11, 2016 23:24

I think they prefer to play in Crooklyn now. Have you seen them play there yet?

Re: North America Stones 2016 tour rumors
Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: April 11, 2016 23:26

potus43
MisterDDDD
tumbled
The Worst.
potus43
The Worst.
IrisC
MSG is NOT overrated. Not sure what these people are smoking. It's the worlds most famous arena. Ask Walt "Clyde" Frazier!

I have mixed emotions about MSG. It is a terrific and legendary venue, but the crowd seems to be a bit spoiled. I remember the Bigger Bang show in 2005. The sound was fantastic and they played a fantastic show. But when Mick introduced a new song "Rough Justice", people from every section stood up and went out to buy popcorn, hot dogs, chips, beers and sodas. During "Back of My Hand" people shouted from behind that I had to sit down, and when I refused to do so, someone threw empty bags of chips and other garbage at my back. I then choose to sit down. During the new slow version of 19th Nervous Breakdown, even more people left to buy even more food, snacks and drinks. People seemed to be standing in lines to get out from every exit inside the venue. Too many people watched the show like they watch TV, at least during the first part. During the so called warhorses, all people stood up and paid more attention to the band. (And some wonder why they play Satisfaction, Honky Tonk Women, Brown Sugar and JJ Flash at every show.)
So what, EVERYONE gets up to take a leak during Piss You

Not me! But I don´t care if some do. And I don´t care that others around me don´t care about the show. I don´t care if people chose to waste $500 on a ticket for a show they don´t care about. But I think it is annoying when people talk so much that it becomes difficult to pay attention to the music. And I think it is annoying when people expect you to sit down 2/3 of the show, but you have to stand up to give room for people that are walking in and out all the time to buy pizzas, nachos, hot dogs, beers and cocktails. And it is annoying when people behind you who are talking most of the time gets annoyed when you stand up to watch Mick and Keith having a great moment on stage. But I don´t want to sound too grumpy. I love MSG (probably most because of historical reasons) and would probably go there again to see The Rolling Stones if they return in the near future. All I´m saying is that in my experience the crowd there seems to be a bit more spoiled than other places I´ve been to.

I SO AGREE WITH YOU!!!

Y'all sound like you're talking about LA.
MSG has had the best Rolling Stones fans outside of Las Vegas.

That's right.. Vegas. It has been my favorite city to see them in for the last 15+ years. Fans are there to have a Good Time and Stones fans come from all over (first met bv there, by chance) the world because its cheap and easy (like me).

Can't wait till the next one.

Yup. Vegas and NYC (MS Garden). You right. Someone nailed it when they said Mad Sq Garden is their "spiritual home".
Very $piritual

OT..When go tickets on sale for Knebworth 2016???
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 12, 2016 15:27

and what is the date it takes place..??
maybe the stones will be there??
jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-12 15:47 by corriecas.

Posted by: mrsw ()
Date: April 12, 2016 20:18

Hoping for Knebworth

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 12, 2016 22:21

mrsw
Hoping for Knebworth

thumbs up and me.........

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: April 13, 2016 00:12

Nate
KRiffhard
Nate
I just got some very good information regarding these North American rumours the Stones are definitely making plans to play in North America in October.

Some people on this board know who my source of information is so you know this information is rock solid.

Nate thumbs up

Many thanks Nate thumbs up
PS:..new album in september?smiling bouncing smiley

I don't know but yeah I guess it makes sense to release it about that time.

Nate thumbs up

Nate.. we thank you for the tid-bits of things that you feel comfy in disclosing. Can you elaborate and reply of just two questions about their current recording endeavors / the album

1... Many seem to think or are under the impression this is quite possibly basically going to be an album of blues covers.. or some sort of rendition type of album.

However I strongly feel this is certainly an ...'all new Rolling Stones studio album'.. to add or as possibly a final to their long catalog of ..."Rolling Stones releases"... they are planning ...You know .. with Jagger/ Richards compositions etc. etc. etc. (though it could contain a great cover or two?). I don't think this is any sort of special covers edition at all.. I think it's a brand new Stones album. Which is it as far as you know thus far?

2. Are they working on it at the moment / currently recording it?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-13 00:17 by IanBillen.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: April 13, 2016 07:02

grzegorz67
Rip This
what utter BS.
Thousands aspire to play the Garden...few if any can sell it out multiple nights...it is a high point for any career...not to mention where one of the greatest live albums was ever recorded....factor in that 3 out of 4 Stones have lived in or near NYC for the last 40 years and what you have is a second home for them...

Which 3 live in or near NYC ? Ronnie is in London and Charlie's in Devon. Mick spreads his time all over the place. Keith's in Connecticut.

All are born and bred Londoners. The band had already been going for 7 years before they played MSG.

Ronnie ,Keith and Mick all used to live in NYC.

Date: April 13, 2016 07:03

Nate
thecitadel
corriecas
Hairball
I don't think anything will happen in Europe until the Spring of '17 unfortunately.
The rumours of a return to the US in October are becoming louder by the day, and anything before that (Europe or anywhere else) seems unrealistic -
especially as there has been no rumours of that at all. First things first though - release a new record for crying out loud!

Jagger said last week, that they would return to the UK.
Jeroen

An off the cuff comment, to play to the UK audience. He often does that. I'm betting on 2017...

Yes Jagger did say last week that they will return to play in the uk and he also said that they would be announcing more shows in the coming months.I personally really hope they do some shows in the UK and a European tour summer 2017 would be fantastic but that's just my hopes.

The information I got at the end of last week was that the next shows that are being planned are for North America in October.

I will repeat what I've said before,you could not ask for a better source of information than the one I got.

Nate thumbs up

October and November.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 13, 2016 08:10

IanBillen
Nate
KRiffhard
Nate
I just got some very good information regarding these North American rumours the Stones are definitely making plans to play in North America in October.

Some people on this board know who my source of information is so you know this information is rock solid.

Nate thumbs up

Nate thumbs up

Nate.. we thank you for the tid-bits of things that you feel comfy in disclosing. Can you elaborate and reply of just two questions about their current recording endeavors / the album

1... Many seem to think or are under the impression this is quite possibly basically going to be an album of blues covers.. or some sort of rendition type of album.

However I strongly feel this is certainly an ...'all new Rolling Stones studio album'.. to add or as possibly a final to their long catalog of ..."Rolling Stones releases"... they are planning ...You know .. with Jagger/ Richards compositions etc. etc. etc. (though it could contain a great cover or two?). I don't think this is any sort of special covers edition at all.. I think it's a brand new Stones album. Which is it as far as you know thus far?

I am no insider I'm afraid so I can't say what people want to hear all I know is what I've said but if I hear anything else then you will all be the first to know.

Nate thumbs up

Date: April 13, 2016 14:19

Bjornulf,

could you shed some light on the validity of the rumours and what chances there are for the next leg, where it will be
jeroen

Date: April 13, 2016 14:43

Am i correct, that the Knebworth Festival takes place from July 4 till July 7...
I have to ask my boss for time off, just in case the Stones will be at Knebworth.
Just hoping and praying, sorry i am going on about this.
Jeroen

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 13, 2016 15:36

corriecas
Am i correct, that the Knebworth Festival takes place from July 4 till July 7...
I have to ask my boss for time off, just in case the Stones will be at Knebworth.
Jeroen

If they do play Knebworth, I don't think it will be then. Ronnie will be too busy with his newborns and don't forget that Chuck is on tour with Dave Gilmour. Later in the Summer, perhaps around the UK August Bank Holiday weekend would seem more likely - it would serve as a warm up for strongly rumoured the North American tour of October/November. The family who own Knebworth are generally happy to rent it out for events as though they are asset rich, they're not especially cash rich.

Date: April 13, 2016 15:43

grzegorz67
corriecas
Jeroen

If they do play Knebworth, I don't think it will be then. Ronnie will be too busy with his newborns and don't forget that Chuck is on tour with Dave Gilmour. Later in the Summer, perhaps around the UK August Bank Holiday weekend would seem more likely - it would serve as a warm up for strongly rumoured the North American tour of October/November. The family who own Knebworth are generally happy to rent it out for events as though they are asset rich, they're not especially cash rich.

Yeah, you are probably right, Thanks.
Jeroen

Date: April 13, 2016 18:33

IanBillen
Nate
KRiffhard
Nate

Nate thumbs up

Nate thumbs up

They have recorded some new originals too. I don't think anyone is suggesting an album of all covers. Nobody, including the band, knows what songs will make the record until they are all certain they are finished recording. And my GUESS is that will be fairly soon. But they will keep working on it until they are satisfied they have the album they want. My GUESS is it will have originals and blues standards.

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: April 13, 2016 18:47

North America tour is solid

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 13, 2016 23:51

I'm taking you at your word, Nate! winking smiley I'll start checking hotels in NYC, Boston & Montreal soon! So, do you predict that they'll return to the Barclay Centre instead of MSG? I am SO READY for a few Stones shows! I stayed away from the stadiums purposely! I HATE STADIUMS! What arenas are they looking at?

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 14, 2016 00:38

Would the forthcoming US Presidential elections have any bearing on tour schedules?
I wouldn't have thought so.
I don't think its happened before though.For the Stones, that is.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: April 14, 2016 01:03

I wonder if they'll have a new arena stage and what the "VIP" setup will be and, of course, the prices. Barclay's second level seats were $500 face so I'm sure prices will be adjusted upwards to reflect current currency levels.

Thank you, Nate, for sharing this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-14 01:05 by bleedingman.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: April 14, 2016 04:22

Nate
IanBillen
Nate
KRiffhard
Nate

Nate thumbs up

Nate thumbs up

I am no insider I'm afraid so I can't say what people want to hear all I know is what I've said but if I hear anything else then you will all be the first to know.

Nate thumbs up

Thank you kindly. We appreciate you passing things along.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 14, 2016 12:43

jlowe
Would the forthcoming US Presidential elections have any bearing on tour schedules?
I wouldn't have thought so.
I don't think its happened before though.For the Stones, that is.

Anyway: this upcoming election will produce the eleventh(!!) US President under Stones' reign.

"Lest we forget"...

ANY NEWS ON THE NEXT STONES TOUR LATER THIS YEAR
Posted by: oldrocker ()
Date: April 14, 2016 19:35

ANY NEWS ON THE NEXT STONES TOUR LATER THIS YEAR

Re: ANY NEWS ON THE NEXT STONES TOUR LATER THIS YEAR
Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: April 14, 2016 19:37

African Tour booked, mid June till September

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 14, 2016 19:41

Monsoon Ragoon
followed by the Southeast Asia tour ,hello Saigon !

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 14, 2016 19:58

And then there's the Biggest 3 tour of the Baltic states.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 14, 2016 20:51

Monsoon Ragoon
Kick of in Capo Verde, free concert - expected an audience of 525.000.

Posted by: mrsw ()
Date: April 15, 2016 13:15

What no UK again.USA to get another tour?
WE would like some proper dates in the UK not just festivals where you buy the tickets before the act is announced.

Posted by: Exile ()
Date: April 15, 2016 13:31

US is where the $$ is

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2070
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home