Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: George Martin non Beatles albums
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: January 5, 2016 18:37

Interesting collection of albums. What else has he produced or help produce that could be added to the list?

[ultimateclassicrock.com]

Re: OT: George Martin non Beatles albums
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 5, 2016 19:05

dmay

What else has he produced or help produce that could be added to the list?

It's listed here: [en.wikipedia.org] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-05 19:10 by Irix.

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: January 5, 2016 19:17

Goldfinger-Shirley Bassey
The title track for the classic 1964 Bond film also features a young session player named Jimmy Page strumming along to the riff.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: January 5, 2016 19:25

As a huge James Bond fan I have to mention the original motion picture soundtrack album of Live and let die, with the Paul McCartney and Wings title song and the Original score composed by Martin.
It's one of my favorite non-Barry Bond scores.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 5, 2016 19:53

I only was aware he did produced America....must say a not very impressive list for what he accomplished for the Beatles as a producer

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: January 5, 2016 20:07

Apocalypse by The Mahavishnu Orchestra, well the second incarnation of them at least. I happen to like that album.

He also did Blow By Blow by Jeff Beck; again, a jazz fusion album.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 5, 2016 22:42

Happy Jack
The title track for the classic 1964 Bond film also features a young session player named Jimmy Page strumming along to the riff.

whow...love or loath the guy, but what a resume.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: January 6, 2016 00:38

He produced 'no place to run" of UFO in 1980

Date: January 6, 2016 01:59

treaclefingers
Happy Jack

Except it's not true. The track's producer credit named Bassey's regular producer George Martin, but the session was in fact overseen by John Barry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-06 02:02 by GJV.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 6, 2016 15:38

GJV
treaclefingers
Happy Jack

Except it's not true. The track's producer credit named Bassey's regular producer George Martin, but the session was in fact overseen by John Barry.

Why would this indicate no Jimmy Page involvement, though? He actually stated in the It Might Get Loud film that he contributed guitar to the track and that Bassey 'collapsed' after her vocal-take. I don't doubt Jimmy's contribution, personally.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 6, 2016 18:18

Nice job on Cheap Trick's All Shook Up album

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-06 18:18 by Elmo Lewis.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: January 6, 2016 19:01

I think he produced or was part of production for a couple of mid-70s albums of pop group America.

Date: January 6, 2016 21:25

Big Al
GJV
treaclefingers
Happy Jack

Why would this indicate no Jimmy Page involvement, though? He actually stated in the It Might Get Loud film that he contributed guitar to the track and that Bassey 'collapsed' after her vocal-take. I don't doubt Jimmy's contribution, personally.

Where did I say it wasn't true about Page? I only questioned the Martin involvement. Because it was mentioned in this topic, I assumed Martin was credited here for producing the Goldfinger song.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-06 21:30 by GJV.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 9, 2016 21:21

GJV
Big Al
GJV
treaclefingers
Happy Jack

Where did I say it wasn't true about Page? I only questioned the Martin involvement. Because it was mentioned in this topic, I assumed Martin was credited here for producing the Goldfinger song.

well i did bold the part about jimmy page, so you may have assumed incorrectly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1361
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home