Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: Any Lemmey connections with the Stones
Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: January 6, 2016 22:16

Very similar to Bill?...... well maybe not, except for the girls.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 7, 2016 08:43

Bill appears in Eat The Rich vid ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: January 7, 2016 09:42

Lemmy, Beatles fan. He talks about the Stones too...

See this one :

[www.facebook.com]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-07 09:45 by powerage78.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 7, 2016 11:55

the basic connection is right now: Another hard-drinking, drug-taking musician outlived by Keith Richards

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: January 7, 2016 12:15

Lemmy was a Birds-fan in the mid-60's, there's a photo of him in Ronnie Wood's recent 1965 diary-book.

N

Date: January 7, 2016 14:59

in a recently broadcasted documentary on ARTE TV (still available on arte.de) Lenny says: "the Stones are seen as the hard guys, the Beatles as sissies. In fact it's the other way round"

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: January 7, 2016 16:03

Motorhead covered Leaving Here from The Birds

[m.youtube.com]

Lemmy is at his most enthusiastic talking about the records and bands that enthused him a long, long time ago. The Birds, Ronnie Wood’s mid-60s freakbeat band, whose arrangement of the Motown standard Leaving Here was a staple of Motörhead sets for many years;

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 7, 2016 16:29

Lien
Motorhead covered Leaving Here from The Birds

[m.youtube.com]

Lemmy is at his most enthusiastic talking about the records and bands that enthused him a long, long time ago. The Birds, Ronnie Wood’s mid-60s freakbeat band, whose arrangement of the Motown standard Leaving Here was a staple of Motörhead sets for many years;
True...I think Lemmy told stories about sharing a flat with Ronnie back in the '60s. He's had some good things to say about Ronnie.

Date: January 7, 2016 16:29

Both Lemmy and Keith went over from Jack and coke to vodka and orange juice..

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: January 7, 2016 16:51

slewan
in a recently broadcasted documentary on ARTE TV (still available on arte.de) Lenny says: "the Stones are seen as the hard guys, the Beatles as sissies. In fact it's the other way round"

That's hilarious!

Date: January 7, 2016 17:24

Wild Slivovitz
slewan

That's hilarious!

see: [concert.arte.tv]

Date: January 7, 2016 17:33

slewan
Wild Slivovitz
slewan

That's hilarious!

see: [concert.arte.tv]
Well he is right in a way, isn't he? Mick and Keith grew up in fairly comfortable surroundings as opposed to the Liverpudlian Beatles.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: January 7, 2016 20:36

Maybe. But let's not forget that, unlike the Beatles, back then the Stones have been targeted for a long time by the establishment, were really put in a "crossfire hurricane" and still came out on top. Therefore I'd rather refer to the Stones as the tough ones, but truth be told I'm biased!

Date: January 7, 2016 22:25

well, Lenny claims that he has seen the Beatles before they were famous and when they were still a wild live act

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: January 7, 2016 22:39

Wild Slivovitz
Maybe. But let's not forget that, unlike the Beatles, back then the Stones have been targeted for a long time by the establishment, were really put in a "crossfire hurricane" and still came out on top. Therefore I'd rather refer to the Stones as the tough ones, but truth be told I'm biased!

Marketing 101. Your professor: ALO.

Re: OT: RIP Lemmy
Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: January 8, 2016 13:27

Lemmy tribute from a Finnish milk company

[www.youtube.com]

Date: January 8, 2016 13:38

Oslo Town Hall's clocks are playing Motörhead's «Electric» every afternoon (6 PM) daily thoughout June (the 6th month).

[www.osloby.no]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-08 13:57 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 8, 2016 14:38

slewan
the basic connection is right now: Another hard-drinking, drug-taking musician outlived by Keith Richards

Exactly. Keith is no-longer a hard-drinker or drug-taker. Lemmy went for it, full-throttle, to nearly the very end.

Date: January 8, 2016 14:42

DandelionPowderman
Both Lemmy and Keith went over from Jack and coke to vodka and orange juice..

Lemmy briefly mentions in his final filmed-interview, that the switch from coke to orange juice is due to the sugar-levels in the former.

Date: January 8, 2016 14:42

Big Al
slewan

Exactly. Keith is no-longer a hard-drinker or drug-taker. Lemmy went for it, full-throttle, to nearly the very end.

He swapped his drink of choice for his latter-years, though, from Jack and coke – to vodka and orange juice (just like Keith, btw)...

Date: January 8, 2016 14:43

LOL, you beat me to it, Al grinning smiley

Date: January 8, 2016 14:45

DandelionPowderman

Ha-ha! By seconds, it seems. Ok, I'll let you go first on explaining Keith's switch. Actually, I don't know why he changed over. Has he ever explained?

Date: January 8, 2016 15:06

Big Al
DandelionPowderman

Ha-ha! By seconds, it seems. Ok, I'll let you go first on explaining Keith's switch. Actually, I don't know why he changed over. Has he ever explained?
First of all, Keith drinks vodka and orange SODA, not juice. His euphemism for it is "toxic waste".

Secondly, I recall from interviews back in the '90s/'00s, that Keith seems to believe (with little basis) that clear spirits are better for you than brown spirits.

[liquor.com]

Date: January 8, 2016 15:07

Big Al
slewan

Over the summer, Lemmy was interviewed by Marc Maron for his WTF podcast, and he admitted he still did speed. He sounded deathly ill then, and I knew he was never gonna change his ways at that point.

Date: January 8, 2016 15:11

keefriff99
Big Al
DandelionPowderman

First of all, Keith drinks vodka and orange SODA, not juice. His euphemism for it is "toxic waste".

Secondly, I recall from interviews back in the '90s/'00s, that Keith seems to believe (with little basis) that clear spirits are better for you than brown spirits.

[liquor.com]

In an recent interview I think Jane Rose mentioned exactly that to the interviewer while he was waiting for Keith to enter the room (before Keith dropped the ice cubes on the floor).

Juice or soda? Doesn't really matter much in this context, does it? It's not like the drink becomes stronger with soda smiling smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 8, 2016 17:39

"Icon?
@#$%& that. Makes me sound like a 500-year-old religious painting. I had no time for that. I wanted to still be current." - Lemmy thumbs up
[www.independent.co.uk]

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: January 8, 2016 18:33

Big Al

Lemmy briefly mentions in his final filmed-interview, that the switch from coke to orange juice is due to the sugar-levels in the former.

Dr. Lemmy? Coke is poison, but OJ isn't much better. At his age the damage was done. He should have chosen what made him happy.

Date: January 8, 2016 18:54

DeanGoodman
Big Al

Dr. Lemmy? Coke is poison, but OJ isn't much better. At his age the damage was done. He should have chosen what made him happy.
He was diagnosed with diabetes in 1999 or 2000, and continued drinking Jack and Coke until 2013 or so...the guy was a freak of nature.

Date: January 8, 2016 19:07

DeanGoodman
Big Al

I concur, absolutely. It is, however, what he said in the interview. I don't think it is a question of 'age' as such, though. It has more to do with the length of time he had being abusing his system.

P.S. I love your reviews!

Date: January 8, 2016 19:50

[www.youtube.com]

Tribute to Lemmy from a Finnish milk company...

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1917
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home