Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: OT: RIP Lemmy
Posted by: runaway ()
Date: August 16, 2017 23:06

keefriff99
runaway
Cooltoplady
Are those tumors on his face?

Those two on the side of his face are warts
Moles, actually. Warts are caused by a virus and would clear up.

In several interviews I read moles and warts but it seems that moles is the right definition. Warts on the hand can be stubborn.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: August 17, 2017 01:58

runaway
keefriff99
runaway
Cooltoplady

Those two on the side of his face are warts
Moles, actually. Warts are caused by a virus and would clear up.

In several interviews I read moles and warts but it seems that moles is the right definition. Warts on the hand can be stubborn.
Well Lemmy always said they were moles in interviews. I know he wasn't a medical doctor, ha, but I'll take his word for it.

Although I will admit, the idea that they were warts is fitting considering his image and musical style.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 17, 2017 09:44

Moles are dark in color, because they involve melanocytes, and they mainly appear before age 20. Look at Lemmy's face in his mid-20s -- they weren't there.

Those separate growths, however, start appearing on his face in his late 20s (see below), and they enlarged over time, which moles don't do.

They're probably what might more be accurately be referred to as cysts -- fatty deposits, just benign lumps that others might get on other parts of their body. Cysts are flesh colored, rather than darkly pigmented, and may otherwise be referred to as lumps or bumps. These may have been what is known as "sebaceous cysts", which can be uncomfortable, but which may have not been in Lemmy's case due to his penchant for self-medication. He may not have even noticed -- but how on earth can you shave around these things? Even an electric shaver would have been a problem, I would think.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: August 17, 2017 10:23

I don't know or care what was on his face...
I am dude and don't look or wonder about dudes like that,
not there there is anything wrong with you people who do...

But I know think one thing for sure...
it is fkg sacrilege to use Ace of spades in a fkg car commercial.

It reminds of the commercialization and mainstreamazation of The Ramones music
only after the band members have passed away, while spending much of their career
not making the kind of money they deserved achieving only limited commercial success.
Joey Ramone (1951–2001) Dee Dee Ramone (1951–2002) Johnny Ramone (1948–2004) Tommy Ramone (1949–2014)

Date: August 17, 2017 15:35

HankM
I don't know or care what was on his face...
I am dude and don't look or wonder about dudes like that,
not there there is anything wrong with you people who do...
Ah, gay panic. Always a classic defense mechanism for the grotesquely insecure.

Because OF COURSE we were discussing Lemmy's face out of pent-up gay sexual desire, not out of genuine curiosity about what such odd facial growths might be.

Date: August 17, 2017 15:40

stonehearted
They're probably what might more be accurately be referred to as cysts -- fatty deposits, just benign lumps that others might get on other parts of their body. Cysts are flesh colored, rather than darkly pigmented, and may otherwise be referred to as lumps or bumps. These may have been what is known as "sebaceous cysts", which can be uncomfortable, but which may have not been in Lemmy's case due to his penchant for self-medication. He may not have even noticed -- but how on earth can you shave around these things? Even an electric shaver would have been a problem, I would think.
I met him in 2003 and can confirm that his mutton chops were perfectly shaved around those things. I don't get it either.

Must have been quite a painstaking undertaking while constantly loaded on speed and Jack Daniels.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: August 17, 2017 16:08

keefriff99
stonehearted
I met him in 2003 and can confirm that his mutton chops were perfectly shaved around those things. I don't get it either.

Must have been quite a painstaking undertaking while constantly loaded on speed and Jack Daniels.

MOTÖRHEAD leader Lemmy is considering having his famous facial warts surgically removed, according to Spin magazine. "They get bigger as you get older," Lemmy says, "and I've been shaving around them long enough." Incredibly, the bassist/vocalist would also be open to the possibility of auctioning off the gnarly things to a lucky (and presumably rich) fan.

Date: August 17, 2017 21:07

keefriff99
we were discussing Lemmy's face out of pent-up gay sexual desire,
That's cool, there is nothing wrong wit that in this day and age. I was more talking about the sacrilege of suing Ace of Spades in a car commercial... but do what ever floats your parade.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: August 18, 2017 04:00

keefriff99
Cooltoplady
They're moles...everyone knows that. How old are you?

How old are you? Keep reading the replies.

Date: August 18, 2017 04:19

HankM
keefriff99
That's cool, there is nothing wrong wit that in this day and age. I was more talking about the sacrilege of suing Ace of Spades in a car commercial... but do what ever floats your parade.
Must be a Trump supporter.

Date: August 18, 2017 04:25

keefriff99
HankM
keefriff99

lmao smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: August 18, 2017 04:50

keefriff99
HankM
keefriff99

LOL

Date: August 18, 2017 04:56

Cooltoplady
keefriff99
Cooltoplady

Asking if they're tumors just struck me as awfully bizarre. Lemmy was quite a popular figure (albeit a cult one) so I figured most people were familiar with his, ahem, unique appearance.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 18, 2017 05:01

keefriff99
Cooltoplady
keefriff99
Cooltoplady

Asking if they're tumors just struck me as awfully bizarre. Lemmy was quite a popular figure (albeit a cult one) so I figured most people were familiar with his, ahem, unique appearance.

Relax. I thought they were tumors too.

Date: August 18, 2017 05:39

Well, again, if they WERE tumors, it would certainly be fitting, given Lemmy's reputation and music.

In fact, I will now think of those cysts as the precursor to the brain cancer that eventually killed Lem, only it took nearly 50 years of trying for the cancer to kill the grumpy ol' bastard.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1913
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home