Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Has Ronnie Wood wasted his talent?
Posted by: chop ()
Date: December 18, 2015 17:03

I'll just say that Ronnie has accomplished more in a drunken stupor than I have ever in my mostly sober middling existence.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 18, 2015 17:12

How many of us are wasting their talents here on this forum?

And did you enjoy it?

Posted by: StonesNYc ()
Date: December 18, 2015 17:41

Wasted? Ronnie has been a much more prolific artist since the mid seventies than either Jagger or Richards. Mick and Keith have been resigned to performing greatest hits tours for past 25 years.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 18, 2015 18:39

chop
I'll just say that Ronnie has accomplished more in a drunken stupor than I have ever in my mostly sober middling existence.

LOL, true that (me too!)

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: December 18, 2015 19:34

StonesNYc
Wasted? Ronnie has been a much more prolific artist since the mid seventies than either Jagger or Richards. Mick and Keith have been resigned to performing greatest hits tours for past 25 years.

and they signed Ronnie to perform those greatest hits tours for them

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: December 18, 2015 22:39

StonesNYc

Have you listened to Crosseyed Heart, or Talk Is Cheap and then listened to any of Ronnie's solo albums ? I think Keith is in a different league from Ronnie in that respect. Mick and Keith have surely been more prolific since the mid seventies. You're Joking yeah. Some Girls, Tattoo You. Gimme some Neck is more prolific ??

He draws pictures of the Stones lol Wow what a genius. Bet Mick and Keith really envy him, Ronnie's so prolific.

Posted by: Moonshine ()
Date: December 18, 2015 22:51

Wasn't he at the same party when Taylor resigned?
Keith was living in the guest house at Ronnies The Wick around that time and was just the obvious choice. By 80/81 he was freebasing and hanging on to the stones by a thread. Jagger certainly waned him out on the 81 tour.
Maybe it was WoodyS creative frustration or just trying to keep up with Keith?

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 19, 2015 02:34

I remember RollingFreak once said (basically)
All Ron Wood needs on his resume is 'Stay Witn Me'
and that's it! Done!
Makes me laugh cause that song
IS THE BEST!
Classically just killer. Master.Piece.

Posted by: herecomesrichard ()
Date: December 26, 2015 20:32

Not my phrase originally. A title someone else has given him previously

Posted by: herecomesrichard ()
Date: December 26, 2015 20:36

Second banana is not my phrase originally. A title someone else has given him previously.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: December 27, 2015 05:03

"I Wish It Would Rain" is still one of my five favorite solos.
He is a natural-born guitar player.

Ronnie Wood - the most adored guitarist in the rock world.(the book published last week in Japan)

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: December 27, 2015 15:20

I don't think that ronnie has wasted his talent. Of course he was more brilliant during his experience with the Faces. His sound was fresh and very original. With the Stones he has got a different role. But he is perfect for them. I really like his solo on Sway from the Fonda concert of 2015. Brilliant. He is a rocker a rolling stone.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 27, 2015 16:08

Ronnie Wood IS The Rolling Stones, just like Mick, Keith and Charlie. Ronnie is one of the FOUR reasons why I follow the Rolling Stones on tour. So many fantastic memories, just read my report from the Madison Square Garden 2002 show and you will understand:

New York City MSG Thursday Sept. 26, 2002
"Can't You Hear Me Knocking"
[www.iorr.org]

The talent and true value of a band member is to maximize the common performance of the band. The Rolling Stones are the greatest touring rock band in the world because of Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie. That is why millons of fans across the world have been enjoying the great talent of Ronnie Wood with the Rolling Stones for decades now.

Bjornulf

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: December 27, 2015 16:33

On this very message board, I've read that Ron Wood has got at least 2 unreleased solo albums from the 90s and/or 00s in his vault (or in his ex-wife's). These most likely could easily disparage the thought that he "has wasted his talent".

Date: December 27, 2015 16:44

billwebster
On this very message board, I've read that Ron Wood has got at least 2 unreleased solo albums from the 90s and/or 00s in his vault (or in his ex-wife's). These most likely could easily disparage the thought that he "has wasted his talent".

+ All the solo albums he released in the 90s and the 00s, of course.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 27, 2015 17:00

Well, Sally is pregnant. So, I dont think so.
Jeroen

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 27, 2015 19:30

He didn't waste his talent, however, Mick and Keith certainly wasted Ronnie's talent. It could also have been due to his huge problems with cocaine, which would mean Ronnie wasted his own talent. But I don't think Mick and Keith didn't utilize him well after Some Girls. He became a side player and his talent was ignored and squandered his talent. A quite a few songs from his solo albums between Emotional Rescue up to A Bigger Bang would have really elevated the Stones' albums during that same period. Additionally, imagine if he would have co-written more with Keith and/or Mick. I imagine there would have been some very good outcomes.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1402
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home