Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Stones fans wanted!
Posted by: Rutger ()
Date: August 15, 2005 15:21

Who do you mean? (I am a large dude 1.93) but to me honest I don't know the gender of everybody on the board either!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 15, 2005 15:28

It's Ok Rutger it was just a just a joke to with sssoul...ROCKMAN

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 15, 2005 15:29

LoFL, gentlemen! :E

yep, the picture is absolutely cool, isn't it?
and as a reward for noticing that, here's a quick quiz from the Why Do You Think They Call It Trivia Department: my screen name is in fact taken from a particular rendition of the number - can you name the date/venue when Keith sang it that way?

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Date: August 15, 2005 15:33

Sang it how.....with emphasis on the sssssssssoul?

Dont quite follow the Q

ROCKMAN

Date: August 15, 2005 15:36

yep, you got it, Rockman!
he sang it with a nice long sibilant ~*sssoul,*~ honey!
the question is where/when. and yeah there's a prize!

- Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-15 15:38 by with sssoul.

Date: August 15, 2005 15:38

"My tits and ass with soul baby" I guess that's what you're referring to right?

Rockman: no offense taken.. I understood the joke!

Date: August 15, 2005 15:50

This one is kind of hard really... Which tour was it? 81/82?

Date: August 15, 2005 15:53

Wild stab but eeerrrr free Canadian show for blind after drug bust...???

For Blind Angel

ROCKMAN

Date: August 15, 2005 15:57

Good guess anyway Rockman!!

Date: August 15, 2005 15:57

time's up!
it was at the immortal gig at Hampton Virginia, december 18th, 1981.
and everybody's prize for not guessing is ...
a photo of Keith singin - maybe Little T&A (albeit not at Hampton):

- 1981, by Lynn Goldsmith (courtesy of BrownEyedGirll)

(sorry for highjacking your thread, Becx - back over to you!)

Date: August 15, 2005 16:00

Awwww I'll have to dig out Hampton DVD and witness

ROCKMAN

Date: August 15, 2005 16:02

Hmm that one wan't really hard after all I think...It wasn't impossible to guess at least. I never thought of it though. The picture is cool anyway.

Posted by: Becx ()
Date: August 15, 2005 16:47

Not at all, been enjoying the trivia!

Date: August 15, 2005 16:51

Maybe we could do a little trivia for you Becx?

Posted by: Fansince1964 ()
Date: August 15, 2005 21:55

beckymaxted@hotmail.com

Becx is this your official BBC2 e-mail adress? Well I guess I have to qoute Jagger on another matter during the Licks tour. "I don't think so"

HJofSweden

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 16, 2005 03:40

Becx,

Count me in if I can be of help. Been a fan since I heard the radio debut of Jumpin Jack Flash when I was 13 years old. Lost count of the times I've seen them over the years, I could work it out I guess if I counted the ticket stubs. Lucky enough to have seen two out the three London club shows - Brixton and Shepherds Bush Empire, didn't manage to get into the Astoria in 2003 inspite of sleeping outside the sodding place on the pavement for 24 hrs. Absolutely lovely! I recommend it - NOT! Saw 6 shows on the licks tour and am going to NYC in next month to see them 3 times in 6 days. O yeah, I'm a Londoner.

I'm currently working offshore Norway and can't too readily mail from you from my personal e-mail address, I'll rather mail you in a few days time when I'm back home in blighty if that's OK ?

Meanwhile, strongly suggest you take the advice of a previous post. Start with their first, end with their last, repeat 20 times, watch video/DVD footage - and at some point it will all become abundantly clear to you !

Date: August 16, 2005 12:41

>> Start with their first, end with their latest, repeat 20 times, watch video/DVD footage <<

... and Becx ... do set aside more than an afternoon for that; going through just the official releases takes at least a week. this is the greatest band in the history of everything we're talkin here!

- Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-16 12:42 by with sssoul.

Date: August 16, 2005 12:59

.....and you MUST watch the DVDs - Concert in Hyde Park, Gimme Shelter and Rock 'n' Roll Circus to get some sense of what was going on in '68/'69 and then realise this is just a two year window in the life of the Stones......

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 16, 2005 14:47

<<<<<<<... and Becx ... do set aside more than an afternoon for that; going through just the official releases takes at least a week. this is the greatest band in the history of everything we're talkin here!>>>>>>>

I'm with ya with sssoul.

Becx, if you read this you must understand that from a Stones fan's perspective, we won't be able to cope with an inadequately researched program and the possibility of a resultant shoddy piece of work. We just don't make allowances for things like that. It is therefore incumbent upon you to do as we suggest: take the rest of the year off, listen to everything, watch everything, attend as many of their shows as you can, hang out with fans ....... etc. That should just about cover it.

Date: August 17, 2005 15:33

Phew, just logged back on and am thoroughly scared now!! Thanks for everyone who has emailed me. As a lowly researcher I have passed all info onto to the producer - he will be in contact with everyone asap. I have also passed on your advice about getting to grips with the band -he seems pretty clued up though. I'm off to HMV to buy all of that stuff......

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: August 17, 2005 15:37

You got a nice budget.
I had to burn from friends all the albums when I made my shows last fall... :-)

Date: August 17, 2005 15:40

Yeah, I was kidding, can just about afford to get 40 licks and blag it! But to all of the fans -again that was a joke and please so not burn me at the stake for heresy! We will be using the BBC archives!

Date: August 17, 2005 16:38

Seriously... when someone asks me about the Rolling Stones I never know what to tell them. I could say ... yeah baby they're the greatest band of all time! Mick is THE rock front man. Keith is King of Cool etc... but unless you've heard at least half their stuff, a couple of boot etc. that shit doesn't mean shit to them you know..

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1761
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home