Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Your favorite Stones related release of the year
Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: December 2, 2015 08:19

#1 for me is Crosseyed Heart. But I also absolutely love the Deluxe Sticky Fingers 2 CD. Sticky Fingers Live was really great too, I hope there's a DVD/CD release in the future

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-02 08:23 by stones2000.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 2, 2015 08:47

Yes Crosseyed Heart obviously...Second place comes The Dylan-box where an entire CD devoted to just Like a Rolling Stone that I still think refers to Brian Jones ...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 2, 2015 09:30

Per the Stones I found I like the Marquee CD better than the DVD. Odd, I know. And as for Crosseyed Heart, I think Bill's single 'What & How & If & When & Why' wipes the floor with anything off Keith's album. Crosseyed Heart sounds like Winos 3, when all that was ever needed was Winos 1. Bill's single is coherent, with interesting vocals and guitars, and of course a bass line that drive the whole thing.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: December 2, 2015 09:52

Come On
Yes Crosseyed Heart obviously...Second place comes The Dylan-box where an entire CD devoted to just Like a Rolling Stone that I still think refers to Brian Jones ...

tell us more?

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 2, 2015 09:56

Turner68
Come On

tell us more?

It's just speculation in General ... it gets more exciting so than if the song is about someone of Bob's old babes grinning smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: December 2, 2015 09:58

Come On
Turner68
Come On

tell us more?

It's just speculation in General ... it gets more exciting so than if the song is about someone of Bob's old babes grinning smiley

god help whoever it is about... ;-)

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: December 2, 2015 11:57

Crosseyed Heart.....because it exceeded all my expectations !

Leeds 82.........because I was there !

sc uk

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: December 2, 2015 12:24

The Sticky Fingers deluxe edition

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: December 2, 2015 13:11

Moonshine
We've certainly been spoilt but surely it's gotta be Crosseyed Heart, far better than many expected with a real timeless quality.
When it's finally all over I'm sure this will be viewed as a standout.

thumbs up

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: December 2, 2015 14:48

Leeds 82, Runner up Sticky Fingers Super Deluxe ...

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: December 2, 2015 15:11

Naturalust
Sticky Fingers Super Deluxe by a Moonlight Mile!

And matxil I agree with you about Bohemian Rhapsody, Yellow Submarine, and The Lion Sleeps Tonight but I think you missed the boat with Sweet Home Alabama. Those guitars are grooving. That is a well put together tune, tasty leads, great lyrics, classic intro.

It's the standard "rock" song played in almost all jam-sessions, it's the culmination of middle-of-the-road. It's on the level of Status Quo.
And the lyrics, well, I normally don't pay much attention to them unless they are really great, but just googling them and reading them, I have to say I don't like the lyrics either. Quite the contrary.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1314
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home