Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Paint It, Black (Official Lyric Video)
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 22, 2015 20:54

I just noticed that Paint it Black has now an official lyric video. It would be better if it contained some footage, though.

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Paint It, Black (Official Lyric Video)
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 23, 2015 00:23

I like it though. Thanks

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: November 23, 2015 00:46

Oddly enough, this version of this song just came up in my song mix. Thought I'd throw it out there since this topic is about PIB.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: November 23, 2015 01:23

The Hot Rocks album is at the end of the video, no surprise, the album is selling an average of 3,000 - 4,000 copies each week in the States and has spent 16 weeks on the Billboard 200 this year, this week at #187.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 23, 2015 02:32

Is this sometimes overlooked song the best they ever did?

I know that Gimme Shelter, JJF, SFTD and Satisfaction often get picked for best, but where in the hell did PIB come from?

1966! It was miles past almost everything else...I mean I know the Beatles were breaking into new territory then, but I would hold PIB up to anything they did that year.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 23, 2015 02:32

The best visuals for PIB are in the doc Crossfire Hurricane...the band and all the madness surrounding them when they were touring in the 60's.

Rickie Lee Jones does a cover of PIB that's interesting, but I can't find it on YouTube.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 23, 2015 03:34

Hmmmmm.....
Should we expect Hot Rocks re-issue or next Vault - Honolulu 1966?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 23, 2015 04:29

I guess it will be the Hot Rocks re-issue............with new promotion material and the new PIB video is one of them...........

Posted by: Woody24 ()
Date: November 23, 2015 04:35

I've always thought PIB would make a great opening song for a Stones show. Start with a single spotlight on Keith for the opening of the song, then let Mick, Charlie,Ronnie and the rest burst into the song as the lights explode onto the set.

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 23, 2015 05:08

Love it!!!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 23, 2015 05:38

Cool video, thanks!

I've always like this cover version from 1969 - this guy's voice is incredible giving it a chaotic/operatic nightmarish circus atmosphere:

Karel Gott - Rot und schwarz (Paint it Black)

Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but a nice change from the original. cool smiley

Date: November 23, 2015 06:13

Hairball
Cool video, thanks!

I've always like this cover version from 1969 - this guy's voice is incredible giving it a chaotic/operatic nightmarish circus atmosphere:

Karel Gott - Rot und schwarz (Paint it Black)

Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but a nice change from the original. cool smiley

Who doesn't like Paint It Black, Forest?

I've got a hankering for Pretzels 'n' Pilsner right now...oom pah pah!

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: November 23, 2015 07:16

Woody24
I've always thought PIB would make a great opening song for a Stones show. Start with a single spotlight on Keith for the opening of the song, then let Mick, Charlie,Ronnie and the rest burst into the song as the lights explode onto the set.

I can picture that!

Thanks for posting, Cristiano. Really nice - I appreciate the visual effects! Working on a presentation and have been thinking of how to change-up some slides that have a fair amount of text, and this presented some ideas!

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: November 23, 2015 10:16

"Paint It Black" plays in the new commercial for the "Call Of Duty" video game which went on sale November 6th. I've seen it many times on TV in California.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: November 23, 2015 19:45

the ready steady go version of paint it black is awesome, shows the real energy and drive of the band, unfortunately the recording isnt the best and there is interference about 3/4 the way through the song for a few seconds, but its one they should remaster digitally and release as an official promo video.

paint it black is one of the best stones songs ever and much better than anything the beatles could ever come up with.

the beatles made some nicy catchy tunes no doubt but the stones had more drive, energy and aggresion and wrote some fantastic songs too, and were and still are very underrated, the beatles have always been overrated, a lot of thier songs are boring but recieve high aclaim

Date: November 23, 2015 20:11

chatoyancy
"Paint It Black" plays in the new commercial for the "Call Of Duty" video game which went on sale November 6th. I've seen it many times on TV in California.

me too...and I'm decidedly north of you

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 23, 2015 22:50

buttons67
the ready steady go version of paint it black is awesome, shows the real energy and drive of the band, unfortunately the recording isnt the best and there is interference about 3/4 the way through the song for a few seconds, but its one they should remaster digitally and release as an official promo video.

paint it black is one of the best stones songs ever and much better than anything the beatles could ever come up with.

the beatles made some nicy catchy tunes no doubt but the stones had more drive, energy and aggresion and wrote some fantastic songs too, and were and still are very underrated, the beatles have always been overrated, a lot of thier songs are boring but recieve high aclaim

Ya might want to let a little steam off your chest here: Beatles vs. Stones
It's been looking a bit one sided lately in favor of the Beatles...

Date: November 23, 2015 22:51

treaclefingers
Is this sometimes overlooked song the best they ever did?

I know that Gimme Shelter, JJF, SFTD and Satisfaction often get picked for best, but where in the hell did PIB come from?

1966! It was miles past almost everything else...I mean I know the Beatles were breaking into new territory then, but I would hold PIB up to anything they did that year.

It was recently used in the commercial for a new war video game. Each time it comes in the TV, I make everyone shut up for thirty seconds!

My favorite footage of PIB is from the Charlie Is My Darling video... Total madness...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-23 22:53 by BeforeTheyMakeMeRun.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1689
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home