Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Question: Keef's Toxic Waste Drink
Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: November 19, 2015 19:28

I know I've seen this mentioned in a lot of I/V with Keef, its Sunkist and Vodka, does anyone recall what type of Vodka he prefers? Thanks!

Re: Question: Keef's Toxic Waste Drink
Posted by: flairville ()
Date: November 19, 2015 19:37

In a recent interview it was Absolut vodka in miniature bottles. Enjoy!

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: November 19, 2015 19:41

Thanks Man, going on a working retreat soon with my company, plan on it!

Date: November 19, 2015 19:42

It's Stoli and "Nuclear Waste" smiling smiley

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: November 19, 2015 19:56

Heed this warning...

DO NOT drink this.

YOU are not Keith Richards.
YOU will never be Keith Richards.
YOU will regret mixing this cocktail.

I speak from experience.
The last time I drank these wicked combos was July 3rd, 2005.
Decided to quit drinking for good the very next day.

Truth is stranger than fiction.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 19, 2015 20:03

Kurt
Heed this warning...

DO NOT drink this.

You made a big mistake : you drank it.
This stuff is to be poured in a glass and handed in front of starstruck journos/fans/guests. It's not to be drunk. That's how Keef uses it. he might take a sip of the stuff once an hour but at the end of the day it's poured down the drain.
Remember that "these days" (= since the 89 comeback) Keef looks much mich drunker/stoned than he really is).

It's show-biz after all... winking smiley

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: November 19, 2015 20:09

Kurt
Heed this warning...

DO NOT drink this...YOU will regret mixing this cocktail.

Vodka mixed with a soft drink?

Hardly the most potent cocktail. When people speak of mixing drinks they usually mean combining more than one alcoholic beverage.

Olly.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 19, 2015 20:12

Kurt
Heed this warning...

DO NOT drink this.

I speak from experience.
The last time I drank these wicked combos was July 3rd, 2005.
Decided to quit drinking for good the very next day.

Truth is stranger than fiction.
What's so bad about it?

Isn't Sunkist just orange soda? I would think a screwdriver or a Jack and Coke would provide a similar buzz.

Of course it depends on the ratio of vodka/mixer you used. The obscene sugar content in that Sunkist crap is probably worse for you in the long run than the alcohol.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 19, 2015 20:13

Olly
Kurt
Heed this warning...

DO NOT drink this...YOU will regret mixing this cocktail.

Vodka mixed with a soft drink?

Hardly the most potent cocktail. When people speak of mixing drinks they usually mean combining more than one alcoholic beverage.
That was my reaction as well.

The only thing I can think that the sugar in the soft drink would make the hangover worse...but again, it depends what ratio you're mixing to and how many you down over the course of a day.

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: November 19, 2015 20:19

Why anyone would want to drink something just because a famous person also drinks it is beyond me. Drink something because it tastes good.

Posted by: chop ()
Date: November 19, 2015 20:21

I've tried Sunkist and Vodka before...nothing like the relatively benign screwdriver (OJ and Vodka)

It's just a wretched unholy combo

Posted by: django ()
Date: November 19, 2015 20:31

Stoli ist best pure on ice.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: November 19, 2015 21:13

In my world:
Vodka + Cranberry Juice = Yummy
Vodka + Orange Juice = Yummy
Vodka + Carbonated Beverage = Waste of Vodka

I seem to remember a story (from the '90's?) of Keith ordering a drink called "A Toolbox" which he said was "A screwdriver (vodka & orange juice) with extra vodka". THAT I can get on board with but, when he switched from OJ to Sunkist he lost my interest.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: November 19, 2015 21:26

Hello,

Sorry for slightly throwing this thread but this interview has always tickled me, and it does contain a couple of first-hand observations about Keith and his thirst...

"It was early 1989, and Keith Richards was on his final day at home before flying off to the Caribbean to record with the Rolling Stones for the first time in four years. But first, he had a TV interview to get through. The tape had just started to roll and the interviewer – that would be yours truly – was all set to ask the initial question when Keith sat forward in his armchair, and asked the crew to delay for a moment.

“Jane, darling,” he enquired of his personal manager Jane Rose, who instantly materialized from the open-plan kitchen.

“Yes, Keith?”

“I asked you for a drink.” He held up a tall glass that contained a couple of ice cubes and a small serving of a brown liquid. “This… is a @#$%&’ puddle.”

The clock had barely struck noon in the middle of the working week, but this was Keith Richards’ world, where he called the shots; even his manager, in essence, was just visiting. Jane Rose picked up the glass, sheepishly headed back to the kitchen, and returned with it suitably filled to the brim with Jack and coke. The inimitable Keith Richards, who had recently confounded many of the world’s leading medical experts by making it to his 45th birthday – which he celebrated, in concert, leading his own band through a lengthy series of shows – took a large sip, grinned, and then gave me the nod. “Let’s go.”

The rest of the encounter can be read here: [www.ijamming.net] and seen here: [www.youtube.com]

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: django ()
Date: November 19, 2015 21:28

mr_dja
I seem to remember a story (from the '90's?) of Keith ordering a drink called "A Toolbox" which he said was "A screwdriver (vodka & orange juice) with extra vodka".

That scene? Keith ordered a toolkit - screwdriver - "and put the hammer in" on the plane to Toronto in 2003 (Four Flicks).

Date: November 19, 2015 21:42

django
mr_dja
I seem to remember a story (from the '90's?) of Keith ordering a drink called "A Toolbox" which he said was "A screwdriver (vodka & orange juice) with extra vodka".

That scene? Keith ordered a toolkit - screwdriver - "and put the hammer in" on the plane to Toronto in 2003 (Four Flicks).

Love it when someone can clear the cobwebs from my memories! Hence the reason I started with "I seem to remember"...

Thanks django... I have a feeling you're memory is most likely more accurate than mine!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: November 19, 2015 22:00

I was at the taping for the 1992 Centerstage performance of Keith and the Winos at the PBS studios in Chicago. During a film reel change Keith was bantering with the audience of 150 or so when someone asked, "Keith, whaddya drinking' these days?" Without missing a beat he replied, "Nuclear Waste." Vodka and Tang and it's so bad even I can't drink much of it."

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: November 19, 2015 22:16

Hey simon great story.. Did he not offer you any of the Merck he'd clearly had just before the filming?

SimonN
Hello,

Sorry for slightly throwing this thread but this interview has always tickled me, and it does contain a couple of first-hand observations about Keith and his thirst...

"It was early 1989, and Keith Richards was on his final day at home before flying off to the Caribbean to record with the Rolling Stones for the first time in four years. But first, he had a TV interview to get through. The tape had just started to roll and the interviewer – that would be yours truly – was all set to ask the initial question when Keith sat forward in his armchair, and asked the crew to delay for a moment.

“Jane, darling,” he enquired of his personal manager Jane Rose, who instantly materialized from the open-plan kitchen.

“Yes, Keith?”

“I asked you for a drink.” He held up a tall glass that contained a couple of ice cubes and a small serving of a brown liquid. “This… is a @#$%&’ puddle.”

The clock had barely struck noon in the middle of the working week, but this was Keith Richards’ world, where he called the shots; even his manager, in essence, was just visiting. Jane Rose picked up the glass, sheepishly headed back to the kitchen, and returned with it suitably filled to the brim with Jack and coke. The inimitable Keith Richards, who had recently confounded many of the world’s leading medical experts by making it to his 45th birthday – which he celebrated, in concert, leading his own band through a lengthy series of shows – took a large sip, grinned, and then gave me the nod. “Let’s go.”

The rest of the encounter can be read here: [www.ijamming.net] and seen here: [www.youtube.com]

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: November 20, 2015 07:09

In the interview he did in Durham, he was drinking a mix of Campari, vodka and i believe soda....i tried it and it's not bad....I call it 'The Keith Richards'.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: November 20, 2015 15:39

Remember seeing a late nite type tv show. A couple in the audience had a pic of them with Keith. They ran into him at a bar on vacation. Ended up hanging with him drinking banana daiquiris.

Sounds like he is a cool drinker. Someone should write a book about his drinking history. Like what was his "drink of the week" was during such and such time period. Start from the early days up to the Sunkist and Vodka. It would be a fantastic book.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 22, 2015 16:49

mr_dja
In my world:

I seem to remember a story (from the '90's?) of Keith ordering a drink called "A Toolbox" which he said was "A screwdriver (vodka & orange juice) with extra vodka". THAT I can get on board with but, when he switched from OJ to Sunkist he lost my interest.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Yes to the first two...you and I need to drink together, DJA. I don't mind a little carbonation in the form of soda or tonic water, but sunkist? Blech!

How did I miss this thread before? smiling smiley

Posted by: dadrob ()
Date: November 22, 2015 17:32

growing up in chicago going to Bulls games in the seventies there was an old black dude that sat near us and he drank vodka and orange crush. He taught me to read the game..

I am a vodka guy but I never liked that much soda or mixer, just a splash and then yes those are hard to drink in a large quantity maybe four pints at best before the motor skills turn to shit.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 22, 2015 23:24

Maybe the Shepards Pie sits in his gut and absorbs it all?

I marvel at people who can throw down just about anything down their throat without a digestive care or upset in the world. Straight Jack from the bottle for how long? And vodka with soda sugar red dye #40,
does kinda sound like fun actually, but regularly, man that's rough/nauseous.
My hard drinking was pretty short lived/ young,
other medicinal methods more friendly, IMO.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 23, 2015 06:26

Vodka and Sunkist sounds a little like a kiddies' creation: it shouldn't be. A splash of orange juice, yes. But fizzy orange? Oh well, it's Keith!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-23 06:30 by Big Al.

Date: November 23, 2015 16:10

latebloomer
mr_dja
In my world:

Peace,
Mr DJA

Yes to the first two...you and I need to drink together, DJA. I don't mind a little carbonation in the form of soda or tonic water, but sunkist? Blech!

How did I miss this thread before? smiling smiley

I'll look forward to getting the opportunity to drink with you latebloomer. smileys with beer I must admit that I didn't really think along the lines of "a little carbonation" when I made my third equation. Probably with just "a splash", I could probably enjoy a third ingredient in my vodka drinks. When I made my equation I was thinking along the lines of how a Jack & Coke or Keith's Nuclear Waste would be mixed.

Disclaimer: About a year ago I did have a Vanila flavored vodka with coke that actually was pretty good. Came out tasting similar to Vanilla Coke which I actually prefer to the original sometimes.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: November 23, 2015 16:11

Tasty

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 30, 2016 22:41

The Stones may never tour in France again. They have banned plastic plates, cups and cutlery, presumably including Keith's beloved red cups. Quelle horreur!

Posted by: dadrob ()
Date: September 30, 2016 22:52

I used to go to Chicago Bulls games where older black guys would drink Orange Crush n vodka so I know that mix well....

I drink that stuff nightly or vodka lemonades. no ice just cold mixer

As Keith said, " trust a pro"

Date: September 30, 2016 23:03

Shouldn't be a problem STG... The ban doesn't go in to effect until 2020. The 2017 tour shouldn't be effected. Now, if they're still touring in 2020... We'll see...

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: September 30, 2016 23:07

dadrob
I used to go to Chicago Bulls games where older black guys would drink Orange Crush n vodka so I know that mix well....

I drink that stuff nightly or vodka lemonades. no ice just cold mixer

As Keith said, " trust a pro"

Toxic Waste NIGHTLY? You've got some stout taste buds... I can get with ya on the vodka and lemonade but, living here in the southeast, I've come to really enjoy what my buddy called "Ice Picks": Vodka & Iced Tea over just about anything except my beloved vodka and cranberry.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2035
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home