Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Are you willing to pay $ 100.000 to go with Arnold Schwarzenegger to Fenway Park ?
Posted by: HappyRambler ()
Date: August 12, 2005 13:06

From dutch newspaper "De Telegraaf" today:

Met Schwarzenegger naar de Stones

SAN FRANCISCO - Voor 100.000 dollar naar de Rolling Stones. Het lijkt wat veel, maar voor dat bedrag zit je wel met Arnold Schwarzenegger in zijn VIP-box bij het Stones-concert van 21 augustus in Fenway Park in Boston. De voormalige acteur en gouverneur van Californië hoopt veel geld te kunnen inzamelen door zijn weldoeners mee te nemen naar een Stonesconcert.

Dat geld heeft hij nodig voor zijn campagne voor de speciale verkiezingen op 8 november. Inwoners van Californië moeten naar de stembus om een oordeel te vellen over maatregelen die Schwarzenegger wil nemen, maar die door het door Democraten beheerste Congres van de staat zijn afgewezen. Dat vond de voorstellen van 'Arnie' te rechts en en heeft die dus afgewezen. Nu is het de beurt aan de inwoners om een oordeel te vellen.

Democraten zullen waarschijnlijk niet op de uitnodiging van de gouverneur ingaan. Voor wie een plaats in de VIP-box te duur vindt, is er ook een goedkopere mogelijkheid om naar het concert te gaan en toch kennis te maken met de gouverneur. Voor 10.000 dollar is er een kaartje te koop voor een plaats op de voorste rij en een privé-ontmoeting met Schwarzenegger voor de aanvang van het concert.

Een woordvoerder van de Stones liet weten dat de band niet betrokken is bij Schwarzeneggers inzamelingsactie.

Shortly in English:

If you pay $ 100.000 to Arnold Schwarzenegger, then you'll be invited to go with him to the opening concert of the Stones in Fenway Park, and have a seat next to him in his VIP-box.
He will use the money to pay for his campaign for the special elections held on 8th november in California to make people choose sides for proposels he has done, and were rejected bij the democrats.
The Stones themselves are not involved in this.

Crazy, crazy world !!

Re: Are you willing to pay $ 100.000 to go with Arnold Schwarzenegger to Fenway Park ?
Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: August 12, 2005 13:38

It even in www.20min.ch. We should pay altogether and share it so for all fans in this page it would be only a couple of $ and I am sure we would be able to get up front at his suite.

Re: Are you willing to pay $ 100.000 to go with Arnold Schwarzenegger to Fenway Park ?
Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: August 12, 2005 14:43

How stupid would you be to pay a 100.000 dollars to sit in a vip box if you can sit front row for 10.000 dollars?!?!?!?!!

All in all in a stupid thing, i'm glad the stones organisation said that they have nothing to do with it!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: wild_horse_pete ()
Date: August 12, 2005 15:58

Hahahahaha for $1000,- you can come with me to a stones concert, you will have a front row place and i will kiss your but. Hahahaha LOL

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: August 12, 2005 19:14

Damn! TALK ABOUT TICKET SCALPING!!!!!!

But I guess If it is for a political campaign it's alright?

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 14, 2005 05:49

I would rather see the Boys in Amsterdam Arena.

Posted by: waaghals ()
Date: August 14, 2005 13:02

They should ban Arnie from the stadium for ticket scalping!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1765
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home