Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Keith interview 10/23/2015
Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 24, 2015 23:36

I have done duplicate threads myself, no worries, and no reason for bugging other people about it.

Bjornulf

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: October 25, 2015 09:19

I have not seen it before. Great interview, Thanks for posting this duplicate.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: October 25, 2015 11:42

I enjoyed that very down to earth

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: October 25, 2015 11:46

Good interview. Thanks for shared it.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 25, 2015 14:39

I think if someone says "sorry if it is a duplicate", it is no problem to point them to an earlier thread if that exists.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: October 25, 2015 17:18

with sssoul
BreakingBlues meant he hates being the person who breaks the news that the interview has already been posted.

You mean he hated to be that person but someone was pointing a gun to his head forcing him to?

Actually he didn't really hate it at all, he relished being the first to jump in with the rebuke.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 25, 2015 17:46

Rokyfan
with sssoul
BreakingBlues meant he hates being the person who breaks the news that the interview has already been posted.

You mean he hated to be that person but someone was pointing a gun to his head forcing him to?

Actually he didn't really hate it at all, he relished being the first to jump in with the rebuke.

Fascinating how a simple comment can be interpreted in such extreme diametric ways.
Can't speak for BreakingBlues' intentions, but I tend to lean towards with sssoul's version. He was simply being helpful imo.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 25, 2015 18:00

Rokyfan
with sssoul

Have mercy - it wasn't a rebuke! It was a courteous and helpful response
to the OP's statement indicating that he wasn't sure whether it had already been posted.
It's very sorry-making if people can't offer helpful links and corrections without having them misread as "rebukes"

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: October 26, 2015 00:24

Rokyfan

Maybe there's a language thing going on here. It's a pretty common english expression, especially on the internet ("I hate to be the guy who....., but...." )
It's a gentle and courteous way of saying, in this case, "yes it's been posted already and here's where." By saying, "I hate to be That Guy", he's acknowledging that some might take the pointer to the other thread as a scolding, and the opening part lets us know to not take it the wrong way. I guess the best intentions backfire sometimes. His post is 180 degrees from a rebuke.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-26 00:25 by carlorossi.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 26, 2015 01:23

carlorossi
Rokyfan

Maybe there's a language thing going on here. It's a pretty common english expression, especially on the internet ("I hate to be the guy who....., but...." )
It's a gentle and courteous way of saying, in this case, "yes it's been posted already and here's where." By saying, "I hate to be That Guy", he's acknowledging that some might take the pointer to the other thread as a scolding, and the opening part lets us know to not take it the wrong way. I guess the best intentions backfire sometimes. His post is 180 degrees from a rebuke.

Very well said, and I think this sums up pretty well not only to this discussion but also on that thread about abuse. We have on this forum people from all over the world and a lot of them doesn't have English as their native language (myself included, of course), which doesn't prevent them from posting here. But I think that sometimes a comment can be misunderstood by some poster due to this fact, which can originate a wrong impression about what exactly one poster wanted to say. I can't remember how many times I've had to read carefully not only one thread or comment but also what I was about to write in response in order to avoid being misinterpreted.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: October 26, 2015 02:59

It's just funny someone saying I hate to do something when if they really hated to do it they wouldn't, that's all. It was a gentle rebuke -- I have no problem with his pointing it out -- it's just funny to say I hate to when you really don't hate to, you like to.

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: October 26, 2015 03:16

Rokyfan
It's just funny someone saying I hate to do something when if they really hated to do it they wouldn't, that's all. It was a gentle rebuke -- I have no problem with his pointing it out -- it's just funny to say I hate to when you really don't hate to, you like to.

Yes, it is funny! How we use and perceive language is a trip. I don't even see it as a "gentle" rebuke, but I see how it can be read that way.

Re: Keith: "The acoustic guitar is the most important"
Posted by: mudbone ()
Date: October 26, 2015 13:44

Grandpa..you Spanish?!

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 26, 2015 17:38

I've seen duplicate threads, different titles, and it's inevitable that someone says 'it's on this', which usually has a lot more replies to it, so the duplicate one falls away.

And in those instances I've not seen anyone get mad for it.

Great Keith bit...better than most recently...
Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: October 31, 2015 09:23

If this was already posted, I´m sorry...

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Great Keith bit...better than most recently...
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 31, 2015 09:34

okay apology accepted ....

ROCKMAN

Re: Great Keith bit...better than most recently...
Date: October 31, 2015 13:10

Keith has a new album - sorry if already posted. grinning smiley

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: November 8, 2015 00:11

Great to see. On 5-string near the end Keith wasn't quite playing Brown Sugar and not quite Start Me Up and I wondered: Why not go ahead and play more than an approximation, but then figured he was sparing the guy from hassling with permissions and royalties. Just leave the riff neither here nor there!

Posted by: BreakingBlues ()
Date: November 8, 2015 00:27

carlorossi
Rokyfan

Yes, it is funny! How we use and perceive language is a trip. I don't even see it as a "gentle" rebuke, but I see how it can be read that way.

I guess this is what happens when I ignore my better judgment...

"I hope you didn't record any of this""No I didn't"

keith demonstrates 5 string
Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: November 7, 2015 22:48

this cameout oct 22nd. it's so juicy it has to have been posted already, but i have no search skills to double check. sorry if it's old news.

[youtu.be]

Re: keith demonstrates 5 string
Date: November 7, 2015 23:58

I think you're number four, but that's alright cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-08 00:00 by Koen.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 8, 2015 03:46

wow is that guy nervous or what?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 8, 2015 04:05

who sundevil ???....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: November 8, 2015 20:04

More Hot Rocks
wow is that guy nervous or what?

I think he was so nervous because he was thinking, "How do I get Keith to play the guitar on camera? And keep him doing it?" And he succeeded.

Posted by: gallagher ()
Date: November 8, 2015 21:00

one of the better keith interviews IMO. Not the usual Keith blah blah talk. You see the love for the guitar in his eyes when he starts to play and talk about it. A warm interview in that way....oh and indeed you were not the first one to post it, but that's no problem in this case haha

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 8, 2015 21:12

holy crap what a great interview!

Date: November 8, 2015 21:28

this thing is must viewing...the interviewer was excellent. An obvious fan you could see he could hardly believe he was interviewing KR.

the fact he could keep it together enough to have keith show him 'moves' on guitar is major kudos to him.

best 'keith' thing I've seen in years.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 8, 2015 21:33

treaclefingers
this thing is must viewing...the interviewer was excellent. An obvious fan you could see he could hardly believe he was interviewing KR.

the fact he could keep it together enough to have keith show him 'moves' on guitar is major kudos to him.

He was obviously just trying to increase the appraised value of his guitar he brought to the studio. No doubt he will keep those 5 strings tuned by Keith on the guitar as long as he owns it. winking smiley

Posted by: BreakingBlues ()
Date: November 8, 2015 21:39

Naturalust
treaclefingers

He was obviously just trying to increase the appraised value of his guitar he brought to the studio. No doubt he will keep those 5 strings tuned by Keith on the guitar as long as he owns it. winking smiley

What if one of them breaks?

"I hope you didn't record any of this""No I didn't"

Date: November 8, 2015 22:02

BreakingBlues
Naturalust
treaclefingers

What if one of them breaks?

then that's what they call, 'Breaking Blues'.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1397
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home