Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Fonda Theater
Date: November 5, 2015 01:48

I think that they've beaten us all over the head with Sticky this and that so many times this past summer that they must be waiting for the perfect moment (after the new album/tour?) to unveil this final 'surprise'...think of it as them throwing more gunpowder in to blast us all in our unsuspecting faces with a 'Didn't forget about this, did ya?' of sorts. My only fear if this is the case is that they release these ten measly tracks on DVD instead of a 'full' live DVD/CD of the 2016 tour, or even the other 2015 shows. Sure, I'd be unique of them, but I'll take a conservative sprinkle of rarities among a big cake whose main ingredients are 'Brown Sugar', 'Satisfaction', and 'Jumping Jack Flash' almost any day. Would be super if they release the audio as a CD with this as a bonus of sorts. Hopefully it comes complete with bonuses, too.

Any updates on the Live Sticky Fingers DVD?
Posted by: donvis ()
Date: November 28, 2015 23:32

Obviously this won't be a Xmas release. Any news???

Re: Any updates on the Live Sticky Fingers DVD?
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 28, 2015 23:40

Both my friend and I was talking about his yesterday. Perhaps it's on the plans for next year with a continuation of the "archive" releases? It's my guess we'll see something around the Latin America Tour. Maybe even a new record or a few new songs? I keep my fingers crossed.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 29, 2015 00:00

If they are truly planning on putting out a new record and with all the other vault stuff in the works, I unfortunately don't see this being released anytime soon. Especially with the download audio already available.

My hope it that the rumored Sticky Fingers "documentary" is so good and compelling that it drives the DVD release which will include the full show with a better mix and mastering job. Basically the audio alone will not drive the demand here, it's got to come from the video side and be more than just another film of the performance. Perhaps VideoJames has some information on how the documentary is progressing.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: November 29, 2015 00:32

Doubtful this will be an "Archives" release since it's so recent. Either way I'd like to see it on cd, video or both.

Posted by: eduardoacdc ()
Date: November 29, 2015 02:17

No.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 29, 2015 02:23

shadooby
Doubtful this will be an "Archives" release since it's so recent. Either way I'd like to see it on cd, video or both.

It might be by the time they release it!

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: November 29, 2015 09:16

Man I really hope they do release it. I think the Sticky Fingers Live album is really good, so a DVD would be even better. My favourite CD store here in Victoria had Sister Morphine playing when I walked in earlier today. I was very pleased

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-29 09:17 by stones2000.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 29, 2015 12:47

unless the remix it they can keep it in the vaults

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 29, 2015 17:25

slewan
unless the remix it they can keep it in the vaults

Bob Clearmountain has said a different drier mix exists for the video of the performance.

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: November 29, 2015 18:27

I would very much like to see this shown released. Seemed like it was going to happen. I wonder what changed their minds?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1764
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home