Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Mick in Cuba
Posted by: Nat Da Brat ()
Date: October 18, 2015 02:18

Title5Take1
If the Stones play Havana Mick should come out wearing this T-shirt from the Bigger Bang tour:

Does anyone know where I can find one of these? I don't recall ever seeing this during BB. Would be willing to trade for one smiling smiley

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: October 18, 2015 02:23

MisterDDDD
ROPENI
Well obviously now days here "wishing upon a star" is more acceptable than being realistic,time will tell...winking smiley
Love the Lucinda tag line.. fact remains calling pessimism "realistic" doesn't make it so.. Realistic to you, I get. I remain optimistic, with good reason. Wish upon a star insinuates no chance, no Mick visit , no... etc.

Big fan of Lucinda,the rest as far as l know Mick's visit to Havana is to do a documentary for the BBC with Julien Temple,and to dance at the Discos with some Cuban hotties,that is a fact,the rest will see...winking smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: October 18, 2015 05:38

Hyman Roth is rumored to be gathering a group to finance a show or two.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 18, 2015 16:31

With the amount of money the Stones have made over the years there's no reason for them NOT to go to Cuba. Money should not be an excuse. A lot has to change in Cuba for them to accommodate the American mentality and that will take a while. The Stones could be the first big international band to play there and pay for it too if they need to. They could always record every silly detail of it and release it in all the various forms even though that probably wouldn't make the money back that they would've made if it was "normal".

A lot could change in Cuba. Word is to get there now before it gets ruined (Americanized).

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: October 18, 2015 16:46

smiling smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 19, 2015 01:43

GasLightStreet
With the amount of money the Stones have made over the years there's no reason for them NOT to go to Cuba. Money should not be an excuse. A lot has to change in Cuba for them to accommodate the American mentality and that will take a while. The Stones could be the first big international band to play there and pay for it too if they need to. They could always record every silly detail of it and release it in all the various forms even though that probably wouldn't make the money back that they would've made if it was "normal".

A lot could change in Cuba. Word is to get there now before it gets ruined (Americanized).

Your right GLS...they should give the Cubans a free concerts ...for everything they missed the last 50 years.............one big Arena and severals local clubs.....

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: October 19, 2015 10:40

GasLightStreet
The Stones could be the first big international band to play there and pay for it too if they need to. They could always record every silly detail of it and release it in all the various forms even though that probably wouldn't make the money back that they would've made if it was "normal".

You set the bar too high
One thing is playing for free, other is paying for playing for free
That would mean them giving their own money. I guess they have they own existing causes, more important than rocking La Havana.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: October 19, 2015 19:59

Clearly would be a make a great live album and video documentary...I mean I'd love that.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: October 21, 2015 00:26

BILLPERKS
Hyman Roth is rumored to be gathering a group to finance a show or two.

which is the only way it would even be considered; someone underwrites the thing so the Stones get their usual fee.

Posted by: aliceinseattle ()
Date: October 21, 2015 16:52

I would just love to go to Cuba, but I don't enjoy traveling alone.sad smiley

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: October 21, 2015 16:59

aliceinseattle

Start planning on your trip! Although I can't guarantee that you'll have traveling companions from the moment you leave home, at some point you be able to attach on to a group of Stones fans on their way to the same show and you'll no longer be alone! Seriously, with enough advanced planning, you may be able to find other fans (possibly even here at IORR) who may be in a similar situation as yourself and would like to plan on traveling together with you.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 21, 2015 20:16

aliceinseattle
Alice,
I am also in the Northwest (Bellingham) and am starting the research on a trip to Cuba for the rumored show(s)! I would also likely be traveling alone at this point.. Perhaps we could get a small group of fans from the Northwest to travel together. Mike

Posted by: aliceinseattle ()
Date: October 21, 2015 20:34

oh wow, you guys are the greatest. Are there more from here in the Seattle area?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 21, 2015 21:34

See, with all these gringos flowing in, the Stones can easily charge for tickets smoking smiley

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: October 21, 2015 21:52

aliceinseattle
oh wow, you guys are the greatest. Are there more from here in the Seattle area?

I'm thinking that there are two Seahawks fans who post in the NFL thread who are actually from the Seattle area. No idea if they're planning on going to Cuba for the show though.

I'm actually in Tennessee

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: October 22, 2015 14:48

Heading to Havana tomorrow, any tips, thoughts, ideas?!

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: October 25, 2015 03:58

shattered
chrism13
Hey Shattered-Any response regarding your license?

-Chris

Hi: Nothing and I just emailed em to ask for a reason.

Seeing the Stones didn't fit into the criteria so it was denied.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 25, 2015 04:21

There are direct flights from Vancouver BC...

It's my understanding that is a fairly easy, legal, way to travel there. Going to research that more.. Roundtrip flights a little under $1000 Canadian ($750 US).

Anyone familiar?
This site has some good/interesting info..

[triphackr.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-25 04:28 by MisterDDDD.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2265
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home