Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Track Talk: Time Waits For No One
Date: February 21, 2017 15:18

Sway is not a «Keith-less» song.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 21, 2017 15:20

TheflyingDutchman
The crux of this site is to debate about who played what, not to edit the initial post. To do that is the height of either ignorance, arrogance or pre justice, related to Mick Taylor in particular.

So you prefer that the initial post have wrong information.

That makes sense in 2017.

Date: February 21, 2017 15:22

DandelionPowderman

Oh right - he sings on it. I guess I was going by the usual - Mick sings, Keith guitars. Stones song with no Keith guitaring is, in that aspect to some people possibly, not a Stones song.

Which is ridiculous.

Date: February 21, 2017 15:24

GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman

Oh right - he sings on it. I guess I was going by the usual - Mick sings, Keith guitars. Stones song with no Keith guitaring is, in that aspect to some people possibly, not a Stones song.

Which is ridiculous.

Agreed. I never understood that view. They're in a band. Sometimes others do things better than you do, or you couldn't make it. As long as it sounds good.

Date: February 21, 2017 15:29

I got SUCKING IN THE SEVENTIES first. Heard TWFNO and thought it was bizarrely incredible yet it sounded like nothing else I'd heard before and wasn't quite sure if it really was the Stones!

Then I got IORR and noticed it was a decent bit longer than the SITS version, which was fantastic. And the context of IORR helped out with TWFNO.

Date: February 21, 2017 15:40

GasLightStreet
I got SUCKING IN THE SEVENTIES first. Heard TWFNO and thought it was bizarrely incredible yet it sounded like nothing else I'd heard before and wasn't quite sure if it really was the Stones!

Then I got IORR and noticed it was a decent bit longer than the SITS version, which was fantastic. And the context of IORR helped out with TWFNO.

Same here (Sucking first.). The version on the TWFNO-compilation is even a little bit longer than the IORR-version, no?

Date: February 21, 2017 15:47

GasLightStreet
TheflyingDutchman
The crux of this site is to debate about who played what, not to edit the initial post. To do that is the height of either ignorance, arrogance or pre justice, related to Mick Taylor in particular.

Your remark is even too stupid to answer it.

Date: February 21, 2017 16:20

TheflyingDutchman
GasLightStreet
TheflyingDutchman

Accuracy can be a bitch.

Date: February 21, 2017 17:36

GasLightStreet
TheflyingDutchman
GasLightStreet
TheflyingDutchman

Accuracy can be a bitch.

That's why people edit the initial post with their sickening cheerleader mentality. There's not even a source. Go figure.

Date: February 21, 2017 17:42

TheflyingDutchman
GasLightStreet
TheflyingDutchman
GasLightStreet
TheflyingDutchman

Accuracy can be a bitch.

That's why people edit the initial post with their sickening cheerleader mentality. There's not even a source. Go figure.

But you're slaying the idea of getting it listed correctly!

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: February 21, 2017 17:44

As if GLS would care for recording dates, recording venues, participating musicians etc.
"True fans don´t care"smoking smiley

Date: February 21, 2017 17:46

There are many songs where we don't have ANY source. Should we omit those from the Track Talks? IMO, no.

Date: February 21, 2017 17:51

GasLightStreet
TheflyingDutchman
GasLightStreet
TheflyingDutchman
GasLightStreet
TheflyingDutchman

Accuracy can be a bitch.

Who says it is correct? You and Mathijs I believe. It's not even up for debate. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-21 17:55 by TheflyingDutchman.

Date: February 21, 2017 18:03

These threads are created for discussion and debate, my good flying dutch friend.

That goes for who played what as well. When there is a consensus about an incorrectness in a lineup, what can poor boys and girls like us do – except for pointing that out? smiling smiley

Date: February 21, 2017 18:08

DandelionPowderman
These threads are created for discussion and debate, my good flying dutch friend.

That goes for who played what as well. When there is a consensus about an incorrectness in a lineup, what can poor boys and girls like us do – except for pointing that out? smiling smiley

What consensus? Mathijs says it's wrong and Nicos believes it. Mathijs and Taylor playing rhythm guitar. Gimme a break.drinking smiley

Date: February 21, 2017 18:17

HMS
As if GLS would care for recording dates, recording venues, participating musicians etc.
"True fans don´t care"smoking smiley

It's good to know who's doing what. That's no different than knowing when and where it was recorded.

So... since you have no point, why did you bother to say such useless bullshit again?

Date: February 21, 2017 18:18

TheflyingDutchman
GasLightStreet
TheflyingDutchman
GasLightStreet
TheflyingDutchman
GasLightStreet
TheflyingDutchman

Accuracy can be a bitch.

Who says it is correct? You and Mathijs I believe. It's not even up for debate. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I didn't say it was correct nor did I ever say it wasn't up for debate so, there you go - beliefs are not facts, they mean nothing.

Date: February 21, 2017 18:28

GasLightStreet
TheflyingDutchman
GasLightStreet
TheflyingDutchman
GasLightStreet
TheflyingDutchman
GasLightStreet
TheflyingDutchman

Accuracy can be a bitch.

I didn't say it was correct nor did I ever say it wasn't up for debate so, there you go - beliefs are not facts, they mean nothing.

Now you start making sense. Listening to the track it's impossible to make up who played the 12 string. To state that it's Keith without doubt is what I call cheerleader mentality. The editor of this topic takes it for granted and edits the initial credits. Thats ridiculous and undemocratic.

Date: February 21, 2017 18:59

TheflyingDutchman
Now you start making sense. Listening to the track it's impossible to make up who played the 12 string. To state that it's Keith without doubt is what I call cheerleader mentality. The editor of this topic takes it for granted and edits the initial credits. Thats ridiculous and undemocratic.

Wasn't there something said about a consensus? The initial credits may be edited - and therefor may be edited again when, what's the saying, new shit has come to light.

It's not like someone ran over an opossum and shoved it in your mailbox.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-21 19:52 by GasLightStreet.

Date: February 21, 2017 19:24

GasLightStreet

Wasn't there something said about a consensus?

Yes it is. grinning smiley

The sources are TIOS and Keno.org, saying it's Taylor playing the 12- string (for what its worth) That was the initial post. To change that because of the opinion of one (biased) person has never been done before. Overruling a thread. Is that so difficult to understand ?

Date: February 21, 2017 19:55

TheflyingDutchman
GasLightStreet

The sources are TIOS and Keno.org, saying it's Taylor playing the 12- string (for what its worth) That was the initial post. To change that because of the opinion of one (biased) person has never been done before. Overruling a thread. Is that so difficult to understand ?

I thought it was more than one person. How many does it require? This is not en executive order to be slapped down by a congress - it's just the details of song personnel.

There is this listing as well:

Line-up ‘Time Waits For No One’: MJ (voc)/KR (gtr, bvoc)/MT (gtr, synth)/
BW (bass)/CW (dr)/Nicky Hopkins (p)/Ray Cooper (perc)

[www.nzentgraf.de]

Not specific so...

Date: February 21, 2017 20:08

GasLightStreet
TheflyingDutchman
GasLightStreet

I thought it was more than one person. How many does it require? This is not en executive order to be slapped down by a congress - it's just the details of song personnel.

There is this listing as well:

Line-up ‘Time Waits For No One’: MJ (voc)/KR (gtr, bvoc)/MT (gtr, synth)/
BW (bass)/CW (dr)/Nicky Hopkins (p)/Ray Cooper (perc)

[www.nzentgraf.de]

Not specific so...

If you followed this thread there's only one person who is just guessing without proper elaboration. Nico Zentgraf's link( quoting you, I cannot find it) doesn't mention an acoustic, so it's useless re the acoustic.

Date: February 21, 2017 20:35

The websites are most likely also guesses without proper elaboration. Aside from LET IT BLEED, STICKY FINGERS, BLACK AND BLUE, SOME GIRLS and the last 4 LPs the album credits on GHS and IORR and ER and U and whatever other ones are quite vague with who does what.

Date: February 21, 2017 20:57

I agree. So why change the initial credits re TWFNO in the first place?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 21, 2017 21:10

TheflyingDutchman
DandelionPowderman

What consensus? Mathijs says it's wrong and Nicos believes it. Mathijs and Taylor playing rhythm guitar. Gimme a break.drinking smiley

I believe everything grinning smiley .......if you say Mathijs is wrong....I edit the post......or we vote for it......

Date: February 21, 2017 21:22

NICOS
TheflyingDutchman
DandelionPowderman

I believe everything grinning smiley .......if you say Mathijs is wrong....I edit the post......or we vote for it......

I don't say he's wrong or right. It's just a strange move you made. Apart from that: Thanks for your contribution on one of the most interesting topics on iorr.org thumbs up

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: February 22, 2017 02:59

TheflyingDutchman
GasLightStreet
TheflyingDutchman
GasLightStreet
TheflyingDutchman

Accuracy can be a bitch.

It took about one and a half year til you figured out the initial post has been edited...?
I don't think so.Your posts clearly reflects the kind of mentality you're blaming others for.
But...Time Waits For No One.
What a fantastic song.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 22, 2017 07:46

I fear we're doomed to sail the ocean forever.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: February 22, 2017 18:57

GasLightStreet

I was going to mention this very subject. The editing of Time Waits For No One on Sucking In The Seventies was awful! Did they also use that edit when that album came out on CD?

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: February 22, 2017 21:38

I remember thinking 'Time Waits For No One' and 'Through The Lonely Nights' were Rolling Stones beautiful ballads in 1970's more than Angie when I heard them

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2004
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home