Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: OT: Rugby World Cup
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 12, 2015 22:05

thumbs up

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: October 13, 2015 09:56

even if Ireland deserved to win on sunday, I hope o'brien will be fairly sentenced today like Papé was in february, he couldn't play any game for 10 weeks.
it's still quite surprising that the referee owens and his colleagues didn't see anything at all when o'brien punched Papé in the stomach ! this guy should've been thrown out of the game.
Ireland can say "thank you Mr Owens" !!

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: October 14, 2015 06:40

Say a little prayer.

Date: October 14, 2015 07:23

WOW, a one week sentence for o'brien, he really got away with murder.
it's a real complete shame !!!
but it's no surprise at all in reality because that's rugby ruled by the english-speaking world , plus the one-sided attitude of the referees, wonderful !

I can smell the perfume of corruption or maybe it was just british humor, who knows !

I will support Argentina with a great pleasure.grinning smiley

Posted by: Welsh Stone ()
Date: October 14, 2015 18:53

I agree about O'Brien - a one week ban is a bit of a joke, especially as Ford and Gray have got 3 weeks and Tuilagi got 5 weeks!

Date: October 18, 2015 17:09

Congratulations Argentina, what a great team !

Date: October 18, 2015 17:21

Yes ! Big Congratulations to The Pumas.

They had a great game .

Bad luck to Wales yesterday and could have gone either way with South Africa.
Both teams played really well.

Can't say much about NZ v France as France were completely outclassed.

Hoping that Scotland will beat Australia later, so that one home nation gets to the semi-finals.

I reckon the All Blacks will win the Final.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 18, 2015 17:32

Commiserations to Wales. That was a great game and must be heartbreaking to have come so close.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 18, 2015 19:50

Gutted. just gutted. And I thought dodgy refs were confined to football. After a last minute dodgy call which handed the match to Australia, the referee sprints off the field without shaking the hand of sny player. He's supposed to consult the video ref where there is doubt. He did not do so. Nice sportsmanship smiling smiley

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: October 18, 2015 20:08

So, Argentina in the final then?!

Date: October 18, 2015 21:58

Still gutted about yesterday, but really proud of the way Wales have overcome the incredible number of injuries we've suffered to get as far as we did. Unfortunately, I think it caught up with us a little bit yesterday and we just fell that little bit short.

Been some excellent quarter finals though - NZ were on fire yesterday and Argentina just keep on getting better. Scotland put an immense effort in today but somehow the SH teams always do enough to win those tight games.

Really looking forward to the Argentina v Australia game in particular - could be a cracker!

Date: October 18, 2015 22:54

I was thinking of you yesterday Welsh Stones. You being at Twickenham and really hoping and praying Wales would pull it off in that last 10 minutes.

Was so ,so close, as was the great game today where Scotland just lost out.

Still think.............or hope it will be NZ v Pumas in the Final and All Blacks will come out on top...................although in my heart of hearts would be hoping to see Argentina winning The Rugby Union World Cup.

That would be an even bigger dream. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-19 21:15 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 19, 2015 00:17

Scotland surpassed all expectations with their performance today. Robbed of a famous and heroic win by a bad referee call at the very end with no time to react. Sooo gutted. The ref ran away at the final whistle which speaks volumes.

It's tough being a Scot at times.... sad smiley. And true to form, we blew it with the other shape of ball last week. I hope someone, somewhere invents a sport we can actually win at one day.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: October 19, 2015 21:07

Great games last weekend! Thanks for the good play and congrats to all the full spirit and braves teams.
Go Pumas go!!!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 28, 2015 01:25

So, the final on Saturday between The Wallabies (Australia) and The All Blacks (New Zealand). I haven't picked a favourite yet but can a team
with this giant on its side ever lose?

Date: October 31, 2015 17:25

He certainly is a giant.
Was hoping the Pumas would beat South Africa last night but it wasn't to be.
Should be a good game today with All Blacks coming out on top I reckon. winking smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 31, 2015 17:27

grzegorz67
Scotland surpassed all expectations with their performance today. Robbed of a famous and heroic win by a bad referee call at the very end with no time to react. Sooo gutted. The ref ran away at the final whistle which speaks volumes.

It's tough being a Scot at times.... sad smiley. And true to form, we blew it with the other shape of ball last week. I hope someone, somewhere invents a sport we can actually win at one day.

Andy Murray/tennis. winking smiley

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: October 31, 2015 20:43

Not a team sport, but the Scots have had great success with golf!

Date: October 31, 2015 21:03

DaveG
Not a team sport...

That doesn't matter.

Date: October 31, 2015 21:13

Congratulations NZ - worthy winners. Final score line a little harsh on Australia but NZ have been outstanding all tournament. What a great tournament too - exciting matches, big crowds, massive improvements from the Tier 2 countries, great atmospheres at the fanzones. Even the weather was good! It's over to you Japan for 2019....

Date: October 31, 2015 21:15

All Blacks gave a great display of rugby and deserved to win.

Australia deserved to get to the Final and have played well all the way through.

Northern hemisphere teams have got to up their game a bit to compete with our Southern hemisphere competitors.

Well done to New Zealand. You done really well retaining The World Cup. smileys with beer

Date: October 31, 2015 21:18

crawdaddy

Australia deserved to get to the Final and have played well all the way through.

Northern hemisphere teams have got to up their game a bit to compete with our Southern hemisphere competitors.

They were most likely out in quarter final were it not for an error by the referee gifting them a chance.

Glad New Zealand pumped em. >grinning smiley<

Date: October 31, 2015 21:27

I forgot about that, and have to agree with you there.

Scotland were robbed and Wales were so, so, near.

England were crap, and I admit that as a guy who comes from S.W. London.

Date: October 31, 2015 22:27

crawdaddy
I forgot about that, and have to agree with you there.

Scotland were robbed and Wales were so, so, near.

England were crap, and I admit that as a guy who comes from S.W. London.

Although, in saying that, Scotland totally messed up the lineout that lead to the controversial incident. A simple throw and waste time was all that was needed, not some long throw in the rain that increases likelihood of errors. Typical. angry smiley

In the end, the best team won the world cup, so all is well and just. thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-31 22:28 by His Majesty.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: October 31, 2015 23:05

All is well and just #2:

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

and

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-31 23:06 by DeanGoodman.

Date: October 31, 2015 23:13

^ Insert puke smiley.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 31, 2015 23:19

As someone whom did not attend public school and whose mother grew-up on a council estate, I have to ask: what is this 'rugby' lark everyone here is banging-on about?

Date: October 31, 2015 23:22

Big Al
As someone whom did not attend public school and whose mother grew-up on a council estate, I have to ask: what is this 'rugby' lark everyone here is banging-on about?

A sport played by real men. grinning smiley

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 31, 2015 23:33

His Majesty
Big Al

Yes, I guess that is true. One doesn't quite know what to think when watching today's footballers. Ronaldo, for instance. What, exactly, is it?

Date: October 31, 2015 23:42

Big Al
His Majesty
Big Al

Yes, I guess that is true. One doesn't quite know what to think when watching today's footballers. Ronaldo, for instance. What, exactly, is it?

A ridiculously paid skilled footballer, but the sport is riven with acting and cry babies.

I think this world cup has been a great promo for rugby. thumbs up

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1499
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home