Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: OT: Rugby World Cup
Posted by: Welsh Stone ()
Date: September 27, 2015 22:27

Was at Twickenham last night and only now starting to get my voice back - totally worth it though! What a night! Massive game against Fiji coming up, with a short turnaround and an ever increasing injury list - can't wait though. Stones reference - good to hear "Start Me Up" being played before every game.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 27, 2015 22:30

Welsh Stone
Was at Twickenham last night and only now starting to get my voice back - totally worth it though! What a night! Massive game against Fiji coming up, with a short turnaround and an ever increasing injury list - can't wait though. Stones reference - good to hear "Start Me Up" being played before every game.

I heard that on TV, I wish they'd turn that woman down on the anthem though, you could barely hear the crowd......confused smiley ......good result though even though I hate rugby......grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-28 01:22 by EddieByword.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: September 27, 2015 22:36

A great weekend for the home nations. Oh, except England.

Date: October 2, 2015 18:54

Another win for us last night - bruising encounter though! Fiji have improved a lot since the last World Cup. Enjoyed the other game too - thought Canada played some decent stuff at times against France.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 2, 2015 19:15

Aussie's or England getting kicked out tomorrow?

Have a great game smileys with beer

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 2, 2015 21:08

Come on England!

We can beat the Aussies................I hope. thumbs up

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: October 3, 2015 01:45

Fingers crossed for england tomorrow.

Just get the feeling we are not good enough thou.

Great to hear start me up for the matches.

Posted by: FeelTheFire ()
Date: October 3, 2015 03:15

Go the mighty Wallabies!

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: October 3, 2015 19:44

I'm gonna try something which I'm not very gifted for
I see England win 20 - 18.

Date: October 3, 2015 23:54

well, it's over
what a pity for England cos I thought they really could do something at 13 - 20 but then a big mistake at minute 70 and we know the result..
congratulations to Australia and especially Fowley !

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 4, 2015 00:12

I've never really watched rugby before but I decided to watch the game tonight and it was exciting.Sad that England are out but I suppose I can now support Australia for the rest of the tournament as I lived in Sydney when I was a baby.
I did also take a look at the official ticket website and the prices of the tickets are crazy some face value tickets for £500.

Nate

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 4, 2015 00:23

jpasc95
well, it's over
what a pity for England cos I thought they really could do something at 13 - 20 but then a big mistake at minute 70 and we know the result..
congratulations to Australia and especially Fowley !

They lost it in the first half, what a bum.

Posted by: FeelTheFire ()
Date: October 4, 2015 09:46

Great game by the might Wallabies. Pool A final against Wales next weekend, can't wait!

Looking forward to the games tonight,especially Ireland and Italy.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 4, 2015 10:18

England were simply outclassed last night. Very disappointing, but that's sport for you.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: October 4, 2015 19:03

Nate
I've never really watched rugby before but I decided to watch the game tonight and it was exciting.Sad that England are out but I suppose I can now support Australia for the rest of the tournament as I lived in Sydney when I was a baby.
I did also take a look at the official ticket website and the prices of the tickets are crazy some face value tickets for £500.

Nate

Nate, as you are going to visit South America next February you can also begin to support the Argentinian team too (Los Pumas), they are really great and brave too and are doing a good Rugby WC 2015. Just an idea, not an obligation of course!
Greetings to you from Buenos Aires!

Go Pumas go!!!! smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-05 02:42 by Quique-stone.

Date: October 4, 2015 19:41

Pumas were impressive at times earlier - Maradona seemed to enjoy! Well done Wales for getting to the quarters - that fact seems to be getting forgotten in the media coverage..

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: October 4, 2015 21:14

Said before England not good enough.

Saying that i thought Australia played an excellent game.

Date: October 4, 2015 21:52

As a pom who lived in Australia for 3 years as a teenager, England were crap and Aussie were great. smileys with beer

Date: October 5, 2015 09:42

Welsh Stone
Pumas were impressive at times earlier - Maradona seemed to enjoy! Well done Wales for getting to the quarters - that fact seems to be getting forgotten in the media coverage..
yes right !
imo those two teams are likely to be in the final quarter with Australia and New Zealand.

Date: October 11, 2015 20:48

Been some great games this weekend. I'm still gutted about our defeat yesterday, but we're still there - another trip to Twickenham for the Quarter Final beckons!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 11, 2015 20:57

Wales v Australia was a gripping match - Wales so very close to a try so many times: they deserved at least a closer scoreline. Good luck next weekend, Welsh Stone.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: October 11, 2015 21:27

Japan vs. USA, in half an hour, should be fun - the mighty Japanese hoping that their loss to USA in July was just an aberration.

Date: October 11, 2015 21:45

Good luck to Wales next weekend Welsh Stone.

England were crap, even though a decent win against Uruguay, but not unexpected.

I'm sure it was you in the Astoria line for tix all those years ago. None of us got lucky apart from one or two that paid a fortune from scalpers, and I couldn't remember your user name just recently apart from it had Wales connection in it. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: shugmaglumfer ()
Date: October 12, 2015 02:17

Aye Scotland 'Wales b team' through to the quarter finals!!ANYONE NOTICE THAT? how dare they in the presence of the great England who are out by the way.Why did the media again treat it as a national disaster and why is everyone so sad they were outclassed.They are just another team and therefore should get equal coverage.If that was Scotland I there would be barely the leaden analysis there has been over the last few days.It is bad enough having to watch 'Johnnys' drop kick over and over again.I hope they can beat Australia in the quarters then Wales and wipe the smile from 'Harrys' face.Just thought I would redress the balance - towards Scotland of course.winking smiley

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: October 12, 2015 05:29

ALL BLACKS

ALL BLACKS

ALL BLACKS

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Date: October 12, 2015 08:33

I'm afraid my poor French team unable to score a try against Ireland yesterday is gonna be slaughtered by the sweet and delicate All Blacks !
it will take a miracle to win !
Go ahead France !

Date: October 12, 2015 18:47

I'm looking forward to watch the match Ireland vs Argentina! It will be hard for both sides I guess!

Date: October 12, 2015 20:55

Yes Crawdaddy, I still remember that fruitless night outside the Astoria very well!

I must admit I'm a little sad the Pool stages are over - some great rugby played particularly by some of the Tier 2 nations. Obviously Japan made all the headlines - winning 3 games and still going out must be gutting - but well done to all the others, such as Uruguay, Namibia, Romania, Georgia, Canada etc. Those are the teams that make a tournament.

But, onwards and upwards - some good match ups to look forward to in the Quarters!

Date: October 12, 2015 21:51

I just knew it was you from back then about 2003 I think it was. thumbs up
I will be watching the games on Saturday and Sunday with great interest.
Really wishing and hoping Wales beat South Africa and I do love it if the All Blacks thrash France and Scotland and Ireland get through to the semi-finals.

That would be a dream come true for me. smileys with beer

Date: October 12, 2015 21:52

Welsh Stone
Yes Crawdaddy, I still remember that fruitless night outside the Astoria very well!

I must admit I'm a little sad the Pool stages are over - some great rugby played particularly by some of the Tier 2 nations. Obviously Japan made all the headlines - winning 3 games and still going out must be gutting - but well done to all the others, such as Uruguay, Namibia, Romania, Georgia, Canada etc. Those are the teams that make a tournament.

But, onwards and upwards - some good match ups to look forward to in the Quarters!

Totally agree with you WS.
Even if Uruguay lost the 4 matches, they must be proud of themself and so Am I.

Go Pumas go!!!

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1149
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home