Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

She Said Yeah (Paul Mccartney
Date: August 9, 2005 17:54

Did you know paul mccartney did a live version of She Said Yeah ?

I just heard it and i can't say i like it much, exept is still is a FANTASTIC song.. but i just a hate when someone covers a stones record and then uses a piano solo

Re: She Said Yeah (Paul Mccartney
Date: August 9, 2005 17:54

He also does Crackin' Up

damn re-discovering Paul

Date: August 9, 2005 18:05

She siad Yeah
is not really a Stones song

Larry Williams wrote it

Date: August 9, 2005 18:08

oh my bad, i knew crackin'up isn't from the stones also, but nice to hear he covers songs wich the stones also did

Posted by: Jimmie ()
Date: August 9, 2005 18:22

the Mccartney version is NOT a live version. It´s taken from the great album Run Devil Run from 1999.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: August 9, 2005 18:44

McCartneys version is excellent. Actually his entire Run Devil Run album rocks. Paul on Bass & Vocals, Gilmour on Guitar, Ian Paice on drums,... That's a hell of a line up.

Posted by: Jimmie ()
Date: August 9, 2005 19:14

Yeah! And he sings better than he has since the late 70´s.

Posted by: tomstones ()
Date: August 9, 2005 19:31

I love that album too, it has got a very fast rocking drive. From what I heard it is almost 100% live (only a few background vocals were added) and has been recorded in something like three days live in the studio. Run Devil Run, the title song, is so fast, it almost kicks Rip This Joint in the ass.

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: August 9, 2005 20:32

On the topic of She Said Yeah, who is Larry Williams (and aren't there some co-writers of the song as well)? What's the story behind them? Are they an R&B group? I've searched the Net to try to learn more about the original She Said Yeah, and as yet haven't found anything. I'll appreciate being educated, thanks!

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: August 9, 2005 20:46

Oh, THAT Larry Williams!

Just checked him out on the Net. 'Dizzy Miss Lizzy,' 'Bad Boy,' etc. Thanks!

Scaffer

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: August 9, 2005 23:32

I love Paul's version of She said Yeah.I stronly recommend the dvd Live in Cavern club.A great gig.The band is awesome,a line up of dreams including two legends, Ian Paice and Dave Gilmour.There is a fantastic version of I saw her standing there and the rest of material is from Run Devil Run.
Paul as a musician is in great shape.On the show I saw two years ago he even covered Hendrix's Foxy Lady playing only its riff and a ripping guitar solo,he didn't sing it,it was attached to Let me roll it.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: August 10, 2005 01:53

That is one great album. Only wish that Paul would that stuff more often. Oh well

Date: August 10, 2005 09:56

McCartney introduced She Said Yeah for the stones in the early 60s. So he says anyway...

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: August 10, 2005 10:00

"McCartney introduced She Said Yeah for the stones in the early 60s. So he says anyway..."

According to good old senile Macca (him who married a gold-digger on his old age), everything Stones has done is because of The Beatles.....

Date: August 10, 2005 10:25

smiling smiley He also said that if you'd ask Mick about it - he would say: "What, never heard of him or the song before we recorded it" smiling smiley

Macca said this at the time he promoted the album where She Said Yeah was included (don't remember the name).

Posted by: KingBee ()
Date: August 10, 2005 12:22

Macca also spread the news that he was the one to introduce Mick to pot...

what Jagger disclaimed

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: August 10, 2005 13:17

country honk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> According to good old senile Macca (him who
> married a gold-digger on his old age), everything
> Stones has done is because of The Beatles.....
>

It's Lennon who said that not McCartney. The examples he gave were ridiculous. According to Lennon She's A Rainbow is identical to All You Need Is Love. He also gave other examples but I can't remember them.

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: August 10, 2005 14:46

Well The Stones were certinly under a strong influence by The Beatles during sixties but to say that they tried to copy them is just plain silly.
For example Their Satanic mejesties request is hardly similar to Pepper

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1577
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home