Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...126127128129130131132133134135136...LastNext
Current Page: 131 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: August 24, 2016 21:50

Just a thought; do you reckon Jagger will return to some of them blues tunes he cut with The Red Devils ?

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: August 24, 2016 22:16

tomcasagranda
Just a thought; do you reckon Jagger will return to some of them blues tunes he cut with The Red Devils ?

They used all of the vocal-tracks from the Red-Devils-session.
That´s another reason for the record being in the can so quickly.smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: August 24, 2016 22:29

Some of my friends are complaining about the blues album since it will consist of only covers. i say , bring it on. It will be great. Beats having another greatest hits or live album thrown at us. I am sure we will see another Jagger/Richards full disc next year. Start it up- indeed.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 24, 2016 22:34

We get a blues album AND a real Stones studio album eventually. What is there to complain about? I do know it is an age issue but it is not mandatory to complain about absolutely everything in life. In fact complaining is proven to be reducing life quality. Research proven many times. Smile. Be happy! Enjoy life.

Bjornulf

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: August 24, 2016 22:43

Their first albums contains mostly cover-versions and these are great albums.
So the new Blues-album could be great too.

They surely did not choose crappy songs.

Dont be afraid, the album will not only feature acoustic guitar strumming/mumbling songs a la "Crosseyed Heart...that´s all I´ve got."

If they were in the right mood and picked the right songs, the results could be sensational. Remember, Mick is at heart a Blues-singer. He´s one of the greatest white Blues-vocalists ever.

Posted by: mkbbci ()
Date: August 24, 2016 22:46

bjornulf vik is 100 % correct.we do complain too much.lol it,s human nature.thank goodness for the rolling stones.we all have something to still look forward to-north American tour,even if it,s brief,havana moon dvd,1960,s remasters for you wealthy guys,(lol)a new blues album,and a new studio album and European tour in 2017.on behalf of all members.i want to thank bjorn a million times over for his enlightening,inspirational,and accurate information he gives us before it goes public.bjorn is the best!!!please keep up the great work,mr.vik.thanks again.

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: August 24, 2016 22:51

Thanks Stones!!! Yeah, two albums, one in 2016 and one in 2017!! OMG! Could they rock any more? And at their ages? The rock never stops! Rock on Rolling Stones!!

Date: August 24, 2016 23:02

I'm so glad I picked this band to be my favorite band, so many years ago, and they're still around. It's wild! The Stones still rule! OK I'm just happy right now. Everybody else continue with whatever you were doing.

Date: August 24, 2016 23:43

I was going to say the same... Their first album is almost no own compositions, except for... "Tell Me" ...

Bjornulf

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: August 25, 2016 06:32

HMS
Their first albums contains mostly cover-versions and these are great albums.
So the new Blues-album could be great too.

If they were in the right mood and picked the right songs, the results could be sensational. Remember, Mick is at heart a Blues-singer. He´s one of the greatest white Blues-vocalists ever.

thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: August 25, 2016 08:19

........... smiling smiley

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 25, 2016 09:57

As I've said a few times on these pages...

I don't really mind what they play...I just like the noise they make. smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: August 25, 2016 10:05

HMS
tomcasagranda

They used all of the vocal-tracks from the Red-Devils-session.
That´s another reason for the record being in the can so quickly.smiling bouncing smiley

>grinning smiley<

Date: August 25, 2016 10:12

Spud

I don't really mind what they play...I just like the noise they make. smiling bouncing smiley

thumbs up 'Ace' quote... smileys with beer

Date: August 25, 2016 10:15

HMS
acoustic guitar strumming/mumbling songs a la "Crosseyed Heart...that´s all I´ve got."

I say: bring that ÓN.
There's never enough of that, in this coldhearted world, if it's Keith that does the 'mumbling'...

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: August 25, 2016 10:20

I hope some of the tracks recorded with Bill Wyman will be on this blues album-

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: August 25, 2016 10:21

bv
We get a blues album AND a real Stones studio album eventually. What is there to complain about? I do know it is an age issue but it is not mandatory to complain about absolutely everything in life. In fact complaining is proven to be reducing life quality. Research proven many times. Smile. Be happy! Enjoy life.
There are apples and oranges here.
New Stones album = GREAT!
Old blues covers = GREAT!
Mastering/production???? - and here the moaning and misunderexpectations start winking smiley.

Posted by: stones40 ()
Date: August 25, 2016 11:10

Really looking forward to a new Blues Album by the Stones.
Once it is released i must not compare it with Albums 1 and 2 plus the definitive Chess boot recordings from 1964 as these are exceptional with the vast majority of songs being cover versions.
It would be totally unfair to expect the new release sound tracks to be as raw
and mighty as the ones some 50 odd years ago.
Pretty certain though that the new Blues release will be just as special.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 25, 2016 11:10

Don't start moaning about the mastering & production before we've even heard it !

You'll spoil the fun of moaning about it as soon as we have winking smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 25, 2016 11:41

mkbbci
bjornulf vik is 100 % correct.we do complain too much.lol it,s human nature.thank goodness for the rolling stones.we all have something to still look forward to-north American tour,even if it,s brief,havana moon dvd,1960,s remasters for you wealthy guys,(lol)a new blues album,and a new studio album and European tour in 2017.on behalf of all members.i want to thank bjorn a million times over for his enlightening,inspirational,and accurate information he gives us before it goes public.bjorn is the best!!!please keep up the great work,mr.vik.thanks again.

Our complaints keep Stones alive and rolling.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 25, 2016 11:44

bv

We are not complaining. We are simply waiting for original material since 2005, and if possible something better than Doom and Gloom and One More Shot.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: August 25, 2016 12:32

It is the Blues album I was always longing for. And a second album with original tunes as add-on is almost more than I need. Good news all over ... nothing more to say ...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 25, 2016 14:06

RobertJohnson
It is the Blues album I was always longing for. And a second album with original tunes as add-on is almost more than I need. Good news all over ... nothing more to say ...
smileys with beer

and an European Tour 2017. Yeah Yeah. My cup is Full !!
Jeroen

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 25, 2016 15:23

bv

Never a truer word said. If more people took that attitude, the World would be a better place. You still have to complain (contructively) about some things, within your control, to change them. Certainly moaning about things without trying to change them is very detrimental to happiness,well being and life quality.

Anyway, back on topic, a new set of Stones Recordings, whatever form they take, is something to look forward to. Even the release of Gloom & Doom, 4 years ago was a thrill for a lot of us. I had a big beaming smile on my face when I 1st heard it, thinking how fantastic it was that a bunch of 70 year old guys could produce this. It gave me hope of more gigs, which thankfully happened smiling smiley

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: August 25, 2016 16:10

great to have stones album after a long wait,i love the blues and the early albums of the stones were great,this has come to full circle i am sure it will be hot,hot album and next year get new album with all new songs,yea,yea,yea,like it like it yes i do.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 25, 2016 16:13

grzegorz67
bv

Never a truer word said. If more people took that attitude, the World would be a better place. You still have to complain (contructively) about some things, within your control, to change them. Certainly moaning about things without trying to change them is very detrimental to happiness,well being and life quality.

Anyway, back on topic, a new set of Stones Recordings, whatever form they take, is something to look forward to. Even the release of Gloom & Doom, 4 years ago was a thrill for a lot of us. I had a big beaming smile on my face when I 1st heard it, thinking how fantastic it was that a bunch of 70 year old guys could produce this. It gave me hope of more gigs, which thankfully happened smiling smiley

One More Shot rocked in Newark back in 2012!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-25 16:34 by Maindefender.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 25, 2016 18:40

RobertJohnson

Agreed. And while the blues covers probably won't be better than the originals (most blues covers by most bands rarely are), at least they will be well thought out/written tunes. It's the new original tunes that are worrisome and have the biggest question mark as there hasn't been a truly great Stones original for apprx. 35+ years imo. With that said, Keith's recent solo album is filled with high quality gems, so the hope is he will play the biggest role on the new Stones release (writing, producing, etc.). But the fact that Mick claimed to have a large batch of demos to bring to the table prior to recording leaves me in doubt about a truly great album....all I hear is doom and gloom.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 25, 2016 19:09

KRiffhard
We are not complaining. We are simply waiting for original material since 2005, and if possible something better than Doom and Gloom and One More Shot.

Now, that's what I call complaining smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: August 25, 2016 19:21

It just seems like the new material will be better because the principal songwriters are getting along alright. And they may be getting along even better than they were in 2005. I'm just guessing on that, of course.

Here's something nobody mentions when they complain about ABB: did any other really good music come out of the 2005 era? The White Stripes were around. But I can't think of any other signature sound coming out of that decade. What was going on for music in the mid 2000s decade?

We complain about the 80s, so it's okay to give Dirty Work a pass. But what about ABB?

Date: August 25, 2016 19:47

KRiffhard

It is like telling Picasso you do not like his paintings, and asking him do do something else, like painting houses or carpeting. If you do not like the works of a performance artist, then you should look for other performing artists that better fit your taste. It is an insult to the performing artist to expect your "wish list" to be the rule. It would be like asking your wife or husband, i.e. your partner, to change because you do not like her/him anymore.

By the way, don't count me in on the "we are simply waiting". You should say "I am simply waiting"... Personally I am happy with whatever the Rolling Stones do. After 54 years I think they have given a lifetime worth of creativity and joy into my life. Three generations worth of creative work. I have nothing more to expect, but I take anything they still feel they can do, at their current age. Most people age 70+ retire and do not work at all. They certainly do not have any "to do" list from impatient fans!

Bjornulf

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...126127128129130131132133134135136...LastNext
Current Page: 131 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1663
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home